[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

If GGG takes your money, then you own what you exchanged the money for. The terms of use or service or access, or whatever you want to call them, etc are meaningless.

The very first concept in business law is transference of ownership. For a dealing to be lawful, this must take place- unless it's a lease, in which case the lease terms must be in plain English.

If GGG retains (in their mind, or tries in invoke such a clause) ownership, they operated in bad faith.

There are grievous consequences for fraud, and if you live in a western country you have remedies available to you. If I were you, I'd look into these remedies.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
If GGG takes your money, then you own what you exchanged the money for. The terms of use or service or access, or whatever you want to call them, etc are meaningless.

The very first concept in business law is transference of ownership. For a dealing to be lawful, this must take place- unless it's a lease, in which case the lease terms must be in plain English.

If GGG retains (in their mind, or tries in invoke such a clause) ownership, they operated in bad faith.

There are grievous consequences for fraud, and if you live in a western country you have remedies available to you. If I were you, I'd look into these remedies.

Legally, they absolutely can...these sorts of contracts would be ran past a lawyer before becoming the ToS.

"
Rights: Unless otherwise stated in these Terms of Use, Grinding Gear Games is the owner or licensee of all rights including all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights relating to or included within the Website, Materials and Services (“Rights”). For the avoidance of doubt, and to the greatest extent permitted at law, the Rights include without limitation all rights in respect of all graphics, logos, text, images and all other elements included in and deriving from the gameplay and virtual world featured in POE, including without limitation in-game names, characters, locations and any virtual items (“Virtual Items”) and their associated benefits or properties acquired or provided for use within POE.

Amendments to POE: Grinding Gear Games at all times retains the right to deal with the Rights as Grinding Gear Games at its sole discretion deems appropriate, including without limitation the right without notice to alter, modify, redesign, suspend or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, Materials (including without limitation the Virtual Items) and Services.

Licence: Provided that you are 16 years or older, and also if you are younger than 18 years old you have legal parental or guardian consent to access and use the Website, Materials and Services, Grinding Gear Games grants you a limited licence (“Licence”) for the purpose of accessing, as applicable downloading, and making use of the Website, Materials and Services (or any parts of such as Grinding Gear Games may make available to you from time to time) and the related Rights for your own personal and non-commercial use in accordance with these Terms of Use. For the further avoidance of doubt, pursuant to clause 3, any rights you may have in respect of any elements or aspects of POE (including without limitation in respect of the in-game characters and Virtual Items) are strictly limited to a personal ‘licence to use’ such as part of the Licence and at no time do you acquire any ownership rights in respect of such. Any contravention by you of these Terms of Use or any other terms or conditions notified to you by Grinding Gear Games or any behaviour which Grinding Gear Games deems in its sole discretion is not in keeping with the intended spirit of participation in POE, immediately terminates the Licence, or such aspect of the Licence as Grinding Gear Games may otherwise provide you notice of. Termination of the Licence, or any aspect of the Licence, by Grinding Gear Games may without limitation also result in the taking of any of the further actions described in clause 16.

By paying for anything in the game, you are paying GGG to alter their limited license to include the stuff you paid for, at no time are you granted ownership

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:

I love when posts like this pop up about the TOS saying players legally don't own anything in game. Try upholding the crap you are trying to justify in court. The judge would look at the game's TOS and tell you to get the hell out.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I read all the internet lawyers comments and all I see is Whaaaa, Whaaaa, Whiiiine
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
if i was a big poe streamer it would be a shitshow with dev responses LUL
"

No, everybody would have just been laughing at you harder. Sorry.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"

Yeah I'd just laugh at you pretty hard.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

It would be even more HILARIOUS if it was a popular streamer banned for fucking cheating, then whining on the forums...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"

It would be even more HILARIOUS if it was a popular streamer banned for fucking cheating, then whining on the forums...

he wouldnt have to say anything because GGG would never permaban a streamer
when GGG BTFO ur soft butt so hard that you make an double digit paged cry thread
anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info