2.5.2c Patch Notes

"
Completed 9 ChallengesBhaladas wrote:
"
Completed 13 ChallengesKellog wrote:


The issue has arisen, it seems mainly for the Windows 7 user base, with the introduction of DX11.


If you look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5q78tp/patch_notes_252c/?sort=new

As well as reading the posts in this thread, you will see that it people on Windows 10 as well, and now it is affecting DX 9 as well as DX 11 for some people. Clearly this is something that is wrong with this patch as I was fine before on DX 9, even if DX 11 has always been worse.

I myself am on Windows 10 with a DX 12 compatible GFX card and CPU.


I do understand Windows 10 users are also affected by these issues, which is why I said "mainly". However, I'm not convinced they have the same root cause.

It seems to me that, in addition to some fixes, there have also been various regressions with each patch. For the most part, the serious graphical anomalies, again affecting mostly Windows 7 users, has been fixed, although not entirely. However, we now have stuttering, crazy fps/frame times and, as you say, issues with DX9, that for some, didn't exist earlier. For me, DX9 stopped being viable when DX11 was introduced, with 9ex being even worse. Unfortunately, I have no idea why.
Last edited by Kellog on Jan 27, 2017 6:44:25 AM
"
Completed 1 Challengeloardpcm wrote:
Dear GGG,

do you even have quality assurance?

I can't play with dx9ex,dx9 and dx11... It was good for me with dx9ex up until this 2.5.2 crap hit the fan. Now it's just a FPS drop fest. As soon as some monster spawn and some effects are going on the frame rate drops to like 2-3 fps. Last night i died cause of frost beares where my FPS dropped to like 2-3 FPS and was lagging like your servers where connected via carrier pigeon.

This is just not funny anymore.

I'm angry and i need to eat a snickers i guess.

Cheers,


I think you need to relax some more. Only eating a snickers won't help you with that.

GGG tries to improve the game with every patch they make. Sure they can not guarantee everything works perfect if they release a new patch. This is a F2P game and getting so much content updates, patches and replies from the support team is very unique in todays F2P business. If your PC runs slow because of some patch issues, just wait for it to get fixed. If you have major FPS drops and still head out into the wild and die, then you shouldn't complain about the patch. You should complain about yourself.
"
Completed 12 ChallengesDraknador wrote:
I think you need to relax some more. Only eating a snickers won't help you with that.

GGG tries to improve the game with every patch they make. Sure they can not guarantee everything works perfect if they release a new patch. This is a F2P game and getting so much content updates, patches and replies from the support team is very unique in todays F2P business. If your PC runs slow because of some patch issues, just wait for it to get fixed. If you have major FPS drops and still head out into the wild and die, then you shouldn't complain about the patch. You should complain about yourself.


I'm glad for you that you gained "a little at most" FPS on your high end PC which was doing 160-200 FPS anyhow while a lot of people with not as highend PCs got screwed. Seems like 2.5.2 was totally worth it.
"
Completed 1 Challengeloardpcm wrote:
"
Completed 12 ChallengesDraknador wrote:
I think you need to relax some more. Only eating a snickers won't help you with that.

GGG tries to improve the game with every patch they make. Sure they can not guarantee everything works perfect if they release a new patch. This is a F2P game and getting so much content updates, patches and replies from the support team is very unique in todays F2P business. If your PC runs slow because of some patch issues, just wait for it to get fixed. If you have major FPS drops and still head out into the wild and die, then you shouldn't complain about the patch. You should complain about yourself.


I'm glad for you that you gained "a little at most" FPS on your high end PC which was doing 160-200 FPS anyhow while a lot of people with not as highend PCs got screwed. Seems like 2.5.2 was totally worth it.


The patch wasn't supposed to degrade perforance for some setups. But this is still not a reason to be mad about the patch. Just be patient. If you feel forced to play this game and die with bad FPS it is totally your own fault. Sure the patch brought up the bad FPS, but you don't have to play until its fixed.
"
Completed 12 ChallengesDraknador wrote:

The patch wasn't supposed to degrade perforance for some setups. But this is still not a reason to be mad about the patch. Just be patient. If you feel forced to play this game and die with bad FPS it is totally your own fault. Sure the patch brought up the bad FPS, but you don't have to play until its fixed.


Think what you want but i'm more upset that QA didn't catch this. It's not particularly hard to have system requirements and test on those requirements.
Last edited by loardpcm on Jan 27, 2017 4:14:05 PM
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
Hey all,

If you are still experiencing performance issues after 2.5.2c, and if these issues only started happening after the 2.5.2 patch; then please send us an email with your Dxdiag dump and your client.txt file.

Reports can be sent to techsupport@grindinggear.com

Looks like you forgot to give detailed instructions to the *techsupport* because they have no idea why they are receiving emails with subject "DX11 patch 2.5.2 regression" and Client.txt/DxDiag.txt attached to them:

"
"Thank you for contacting Support, I'm very sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide further information about your connection so that we may be able to look into this issue?

Is it a wired or wireless connection?

Do you have any other programs running in the background that could be affecting your connection, do you share this with anyone else who may be using it at the same time?

Do you play via the Steam or standalone client?"
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxDuelist on Jan 28, 2017 5:55:37 PM
I don't know what you did, but at least on my end performance is stable again.

Thank you GGG.
"
fkxDuelist wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
Hey all,

If you are still experiencing performance issues after 2.5.2c, and if these issues only started happening after the 2.5.2 patch; then please send us an email with your Dxdiag dump and your client.txt file.

Reports can be sent to techsupport@grindinggear.com

Looks like you forgot to give detailed instructions to the *techsupport* because they have no idea why they are receiving emails with subject "DX11 patch 2.5.2 regression" and Client.txt/DxDiag.txt attached to them:

"
"Thank you for contacting Support, I'm very sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide further information about your connection so that we may be able to look into this issue?

Is it a wired or wireless connection?

Do you have any other programs running in the background that could be affecting your connection, do you share this with anyone else who may be using it at the same time?

Do you play via the Steam or standalone client?"


^^^^^

This..... lol.

I got the same carbon copied response. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info