Is the new Solo Self Found option setup to fail?

"
mrpetrov wrote:

I guess therefore that GGG aren't really looking to *promote* self found play, just to cater to the existing, limited, SSF players - which is fine of course, but they could do so much more.

P.

I agree. They could. But there are reasons not to. Those reasons may not be very good, but they are many. This way, there isn't one reason against. Not one. No one can be against this move, as it's just an addition to an already existing play style - within the current league system.

If we look at the "amateur" SSF ladder created, we can clearly see that there is a "market" for this addition. People that already play SSF (or close to) now gets their own ladder. I'm a bit curious as to how this system works with guilds.

I WOULD probably play in a completely own SSF league, with some sort of changes to drop rates. Trading will always be superior, even tho a lot of player (traders) won't admit it. I would probably party up too. So I do think we want the same thing. But I also see why they cant (or won't) develop this.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It was already pretty generous of them to invest development time into this.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
My problem with this is: chaos orbs and Zana mobs.

It's going to be hell doing some challenges when you can't sell stuff.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
As someone who rarely can afford to buy anything, I'm already a Self Found player. This also means my gear is garbage & I hit a wall with T7 - T8 maps. :(
I have walked through the Valley of Death & emerged the Shadow of Evil

The Gene Pool needs chlorine

Humanity is the worst STD Mother Nature ever contracted
"
Timewar9 wrote:

two words: chaos recipe.
I've often used the factor 1000x to describe the rate of progress in trading vs. SSF. I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong. Now we'll see.
I feel that it would have been more successful 3+ years ago when the game was more suited to it. Since then GGG has encouraged and allowed dps, AoE, mob density and overall game speed to get so far out of control, that it's hard to say how it will play out.

People who play with purchased gear and GGG buffed skills of the moment don't notice how buffed the HP of mobs are currently because the dps is so high. At the same time, non-economy players using skills like cleave are being overrun because they can't one shot mobs before the character is overrun.

The difference between player dps at the shopping/meta skill level and at the non-shopping non-meta level is WAY too wide at the moment.

Part of me thinks that Chris wants to do it just so he can say (as you said), "we tried and too few liked it", and part of me HOPES he's doing it so he can collect data at the bare bones level so adjustments can be made.

Is it beyond repair? Probably.

I'm still hopeful.

Good to see you posting, mrpetrov. Be well.

"
Nephalim wrote:
It was already pretty generous of them to invest development time into this.

There was zero dev time necessary. It's all there already.
Maybe if the right people gets involved it could be a way or an excuse to try to bring some racing back.

I mean, it has the potential to be a better environment to really test individuals at least at the start of each league.

But since you can play mostly solo self found in the normal game, I think it needs a bit more than just be there for people to actually go there.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Timewar9 wrote:

two words: chaos recipe.

You think I haven't been doing that? I can't keep up with the costs. Amulets don't grow on trees.

And if you think the amulet recipe isn't hell, you are wrong.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info