After taking estrogen for three months!

Discounting personal feelings, dreams, etc.. and looking at the question from a purely Path of Economy perspective:

If you keep your legacy gear you have a special build. There may be less demand for this special build on the market, but there is also less supply. Nonetheless, among some hardcore players this special build is highly sought after, exactly because its legacy.

If you vaal your legacy gear, you will enter the meta realm, where your build will be at best the same as ~50% of the existing player-base. You will have to compete with all the flameblasters & flurries out there, who are flurrying since league start and have 20/20 gems already levelled.

Spoiler
I hope I haven't overly complicated the analogy :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
The capability of gamers to present any real-life situation in terms of a gaming analogy has always fascinated me. I'm glad I'm not the only one :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
morbo wrote:
If you vaal your legacy gear, you will enter the meta realm, where your build will be at best the same as ~50% of the existing player-base. You will have to compete with all the flameblasters & flurries out there, who are flurrying since league start and have 20/20 gems already levelled.

Funnily enough, in both real life and in game, I like to follow the same principle: Why focus so much on competing? Follow your own path, and if you manage by chance to find someone you like to party with, then all the better.

Again, this could be because I'm unusually lucky in real life, so, grain of salt and all that. Assuming I didn't have that luck, different people have different levels of needs. One of my guildies even says he has a problem with absolutely needing a partner in life, which has ended up hurting him rather often. If you have a particular need, then I guess it is important to think about the sheer number of possibilities and what kind of "competitive advantage" you have there.

(I really liked your analogy, though!)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
de99ial wrote:
Hey OP i have a question. Probably You already answered it but i dont want to dig throught all topic.

In Your head what is the gender You think about The Self? He or She?

I identify 100% as female.

In fact that is what most who suffer from gender dysphoria feel like. It is a struggle to escape from the wrong body we are imprisoned in.

It might sound like we are insane. However, that is the same idea as someone who has lost an arm before feeling that he/she still has an arm and deserves to.
Fun fact-I am a rather devout Christian while being transgender.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Hey OP i have a question. Probably You already answered it but i dont want to dig throught all topic.

In Your head what is the gender You think about The Self? He or She?
I identify 100% as female.

In fact that is what most who suffer from gender dysphoria feel like. It is a struggle to escape from the wrong body we are imprisoned in.

It might sound like we are insane. However, that is the same idea as someone who has lost an arm before feeling that he/she still has an arm and deserves to.
I don't know if I'd use the word insane, but I do believe the term mental illness would apply.

Would you call someone with anorexia nervosa — another "not my body" dysphoria — insane? I wouldn't, unless said dysphoria manifested severely enough to create truly harmful behavior. Would you say someone with anorexia has a mental illness? I would.

Edit: To clarify, I do NOT blame those with mental illnesses for having mental illnesses. Hell, my son has autism; not his fault, and I love him.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 26, 2017, 6:32:54 PM
Aw, youre so cute! Im transition too! Going on HRT in May! <3
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
I feel really bad that you in the USA during all this. Come to Canada; we can trade clothes!!

♥ Wish you all the best in obtaining your goals and happiness

You're beautiful!!

There is actually a famous Canadian transgender woman. She is named Maya. Check out her Youtube account.

Yass! Maya is so cool and awesome! Team Maya for life! <3
"
Bars wrote:
Sure, I may be wrong. I'm simply advocating caution with an irreversible decision. If I'm wrong, the course can be adjusted - which can't be said for the other option.

You come across as rude. First of all, not all even go that route and secondly, if she wants to have surgery thats her call to make, not yours to interfere with. Her well being matters.

I wont get the surgery simply because i dont need it to be a woman but many others get it because they simply cant live with what they have down there.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Forgive me, but I'm curious. Is the goal to make a full transition? Or do you only plan on going as far as estrogen without operation?

Gender confirmation surgery is expensive and only 1 out 5 transgirls in USA complete this process. I have started accumulating money and will risk this surgery once I find a man who loves me enough to want to marry me to deserve me to provide him sexually.

I figured it is a prohibitively expensive surgery. Gender reassignment does not seem to be something any health insurance company would cover.

If you don't plan on making a full transition right away though, then I wish you luck on suitors and potential doctors. Whatever decision you go with, I hope it's one you are content with in the end. It would be unfortunate if you try to find orbs of regret in real life. GGG refuse to sell those despite the demand.

In germany the insurance covers both HRT and surgery. FFS and boob job might not get covered as theyre not essential when it comes to gender representation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info