Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

What is the time frame for 2.6?
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Finally...
I like this idea. I always play with all chat turned off. I can't find out how to trade and this is how I always play. Good to see GGG expanding different play styles.
You should have increased drop rates if playing SSF since its much more difficult to get items for a build you may need like uniques mostly.
Hello GGG,

Being a 95% Solo player I welcome a self found Division. I do feel, however, that the guild channel should be cross League... Chatting with my friends about the trials and tribulations of the Solo league is a good and positive thing.

Celebrating the rare find or cursing RNG is part of the fun with POE. I would prefer not to be forced into Solitary Confinement for all my social contacts in the game just because I want a league to track my solo play-style.

Be well and thanks!
~R
I had an idea to help SSF and traders but not sure how this idea would work anymore.

Basically, the drop rates of unique items goes up, but they are all account locked.

To make these unique items tradable you can to vendor them (new recipe) ... say 5 copies of the same unique to create 1 tradable unique.

The idea is say, if uniques now drop 5x more often, then it would take about 5 copies to vendor to create a tradable unique.

Rares still function the same way.

IF this work properly, hopefully the economy is not impacted as much but SSF players get access to more uniques to play with.
"
Kezz123 wrote:
You should have increased drop rates if playing SSF since its much more difficult to get items for a build you may need like uniques mostly.

I can sympathize with that point of view since the game is balanced on trading. However I've been playing mostly self found since before forsaken masters. You get everything you need with playtime. The drop rates are fine. The expectation is that if you're serious about SSF you'll get everything you need simply by playing the game. Your first build won't be what you want it to be, since it'll have to match what you find. Your second and third builds will have much more flexibility.

Besides with the ability to opt-out at any time an increase in drop rates is far too unreasonable. Why not spend the first week of a league self found with the increased drops, and then opt out so you can trade your significantly "better" loot for a mark up. They would have to not allow people to opt out for an increase of drop rates to be even remotely acceptable. Even then though most people that play self found do so because they don't really like interacting with trade, or they want a more significant challenge. Increased drop rates directly go against a more significant challenge, and people that don't like trade to aren't going to start suddenly trading since they aren't getting bonus drops.

That being said, I don't think many long term SSF standard players will participate in the SSF league. They're already not really caring about the ladder, and they'd be giving up their development for bragging rights which they already claim, some falsely. Since the league would offer them but nothing they'll stay where they are. Increased drop rates *might* have attracted some of those players. Or some other benefit.
"
Kezz123 wrote:

I do not see any point in a SSF league if I get all items without effort. This would be the same for me as if I would trade. I already experienced what it means to "increase drop rates", just look at D3 and WoW to know what I mean. Why not just adjust your build to the items you have? Or just grind for them?
What I could imagine is that maybe you would be able to completely respec your character for 1 or 2 times, maybe by a recipe or a respec quest or something like that, so that if you found special items, you are able to go with a new build if the build is item dependent, but I am totally agains increased drop rates.

netx step, off line SSF mode.
I actually starting to agree with people saying about separation SOLO and SELF in this.

as far as all this put into considarable restriction for char levels for parties, drop rates being adjusted etc

If come to think of it, feels like partying mechanics still yet to improve much. f.e.
1. it should include some time factor for joining for level runs, some tips about where this party is progressing in parties list, cause the most demotivating issue with random partying is to late for just a noch of start progress
2. it also could be cool to just have auto TP turn on on group leader when new dude is joined hehe
3. maybe even some pre-defined goals for parties, through some act mostly, or kill some boss, or finish 5 15 tier maps, or to have all people reach 60 lvl in dried lake
etc
4. imagine that self-found party run with game mechanics when someone got some awesome drop and dont need it, but you do need it, and such league would allow some after-drop give-aways for party members only, THIS would be cool. not a trade, still mp, fair drop, guilds stuff

anyway, parties should be more organised in general vie game mechanics to be more attractive, what i mean
Last edited by old_joe on Jan 24, 2017, 10:50:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info