Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Will the drop rates be modified so items people want for their builds are more accessible? Or are we going to be pigeonholed into nothing but choosing the build with the lowest gear requirements? Or grinding and hoping to get lucky?

If it's the latter, what's the point of this and why does this need it's own league and development time? If you want to play self-found, don't partake in trading.
What about bringing Racing back ?
Hc: Rayzn_
Nemesis: Raynz_
"
Your friend might play all the way to low maps before she wants to start trading.

FRIENDZONED
"
No discussion has yet taken place regarding whether this system is being brought to the Xbox One version.

Clearly not true.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jan 23, 2017, 6:58:05 AM
Will master progression be rebalanced for SSF leagues?
I feel like Master crafting should be extra fun for SSF since it's so vital for crafting upgrades after a certain point and the currency cost is not insignificant either.
But getting Masters to a high level is such a pain in the butt solo.
It's not just a challenge to get them up there, it's a drag. Getting lvl 8 on a Master takes about 53 dailies if my quick and dirty but conservative calculation is correct. Even if you play daily it will take you more than half the league to get up there, that's around the time you start burning out on a league, especially if you have to do the Master missions daily.

If the SSF league will just be the check mark for bragging rights, and there are no tweaks made balance-wise to cater specifically to SSF, I think I will just keep playing SSF in the regular league, so I can keep making my own rules and experience the fun of SSF just as well (I still like to sell items for currency, so I can get excited about good drops even if i can't use them. I would gladly forfeit this to play in an environment that is tailored to SSF though)
I've been playing SSF exclusively - I guess this is how I've played since the days of Diablo. I don't see the need to change the difficulty of the game as its diversity has allowed me to continually enjoy game play through attempting varied builds as build enabling items drop. I have avoided challenge leagues in the past due to the SSF "set up" cost, so I'd be interested to see how you plan to transition to Standard. If you have never traded, are you able to migrate to Standard SSF?

I'd like to see rewarding a SSF characters with QoL improvements. For example, once you have reached level 60 the character gains a scavenger pet that picks up currency automatically. I guess you'd have to bury/burn your pet when migrating from SSF. I'm sure there could be a number of cool SSF exclusive microtransactions or hideout decorations (SSF pet cemetery?) for notable kills or achievements. The mechanics are one thing, the rewards are another.
Looks like a nice addition to the game.

I believe that further complementing SSF with GSF (Group Self Found) would be a very nice extra feature.

It would be cool to be able to play SF with the extra level of group play, so that some real coop depth can grow. There would be the extra element of planning roles in the party together, e.g. choosing a spell caster, an attacker and a support to be able to maximize usability of drops within the party/group. Also, members of a SFG can grind for each other, so that the party as a whole becomes stronger, which benefits all in achieving the set group goals.

Dunno exactly how this could be implemented, but I can imagine some system like where a SSF char can be transferred to a GSF char by joining a GSF group (inverse not possible ofc, migrating from GSF to SSF wouldnt be SSF anymore) and when a GSF member starts partying of trading with non-SF chars it would be transferred to a regular char and wouldnt be able anymore to play in their former (or any) GSF group. Or maybe only allow pre-defined groups from start.
That SSF might make me come back to PoE actually. That is indeed good news. Always loved the concept of Self-Found.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
hyped
I will try out.
Awfully convenient with the announcement of the console release, uh?, not related to the xbox one version my ass.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info