Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
Perimax wrote:
And what happens to the ladder if you opt-out?

Your character progression is not logged anymore on that ladder. Basically the same thing that happens to dead chars in HC league.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Perimax wrote:
And what happens to the ladder if you opt-out?

Your character progression is not logged anymore on that ladder. Basically the same thing that happens to dead chars in HC league.

Yes right, but dead HC characters are not removed from the ladder, but this is what I hope will happen if you opt-out from SSF, otherwise the SSF ladder does not make much sense to me.
Finally, thank you! I just might find the *Spark* again this game had back in the day before the min-max/must trade/meta-bullshit started.

Edit. Of course going HC because nothing beats the feeling when fighting hard battle and surviving barely because of skill. Something that SC lacks completely.
Last edited by Alaric_ on Jan 24, 2017, 6:14:39 AM
"
Perimax wrote:
Yes right, but dead HC characters are not removed from the ladder, but this is what I hope will happen if you opt-out from SSF, otherwise the SSF ladder does not make much sense to me.

It will be the same for SF - they will not be removed, imo. Which is fair, since up to the point you opted out, you played SF and your "score" should remain on the ladder. Other, better players will then overtake you, same as HC ladder.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
One thing I would do is call it what it is.... Single Player.
Dear Development team,

If you are going to add this type of gameplay, please also consider self-found gameplay with parties. This way you could also reach out to people that want to play self-found gamemodes, but want to play with (a) friend(s).

The way SSF is described in the post right now, I think it will stimulate solo-play. And while solo play is fine, I think that stimulation shouldn't favor solo-play, stimulation should be equal towards group and solo play!

I think that this would also be more in line with your goal of having PoE be centered about group play!

Best regards,

Verocan
Bring it ONNNNN.
My preference would be that there is no opt out and self-found league has higher magic find.
I have been playing solo ever since. no party and never traded anything with other players, didn't even PVP. This is why I lack one master. So, Ok bring it on...
"
Verocan wrote:
Dear Development team,

If you are going to add this type of gameplay, please also consider self-found gameplay with parties. This way you could also reach out to people that want to play self-found gamemodes, but want to play with (a) friend(s).

The way SSF is described in the post right now, I think it will stimulate solo-play. And while solo play is fine, I think that stimulation shouldn't favor solo-play, stimulation should be equal towards group and solo play!

I think that this would also be more in line with your goal of having PoE be centered about group play!

Best regards,

Verocan

This +1!

I have allways only played self found, but I do play with friends and the love of my life from time to time, all of us have allways played selffound in the sence that we do not purches stuff from other players.
Last edited by _Manbane_ on Jan 24, 2017, 8:05:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info