Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
MAD_DAN wrote:
Finally, this will clearly show how inept drop rates are and that the game is unplayable without trading.

Plenty of people play SSF already. The fact that you say this tells me you have never even tried it.
Definitely good idea, but IMAO requires some kind of similar technic presented in Perandus league, mean you have a chance to get some needed stuff (uniques,orbs etc ) purchased from a vendor or equal, which is much more harder than just getting it from trade chat. Otherwise, the grind will become a real nightmare and ruins all the fun, especially in HC.
Last edited by Regisan on Jan 23, 2017, 2:32:46 AM
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
Finally, this will clearly show how inept drop rates are and that the game is unplayable without trading.

Oh man. 1 have how 10! stash tabs with uniques, 4-5 exalts dropped this league, so drop rates are fine :) Even in SSF i will get almost all I want, for sure, not the perfect ones that i got this league via trading :)
"
Regisan wrote:
Definitely good idea, but IMAO requires some kind of similar technic presented in Perandus league, mean you have a chance to get some needed staff (uniques,orbs etc ) purchased from a vendor or equal, which is much more harder than just getting it from trade chat. Otherwise, the grind will become a real nightmare and ruins all the fun, especially in HC.

When entering SSF, a player must come up with a build plan that relies only upon common items and the skill tree.

For those following build guides requiring specific uniques, etc. the correct place to play is the trading leagues.
I play SSF mostly/completely myself depending on my mood, but I still think this "feature" is completely and utterly pointless. SSF is about the fun factor of doing it and the personal satisfaction - Path of Exile is simply too easy and random a game for ladders to have much point, and it's getting easier all the time. PoE's difficulty would have to be ramped back up to the days of yore before this SSF league idea would have any point in regular permanent or challenge leagues. Something like this should be reserved solely for racing, where the difficulty and consistency do get ramped up. Fixed seed contributes a lot to making bragging rights actually matter instead of being a matter of whether someone got lucky or not.

Also, there are various problem areas obvious from the start. Chris has always claimed the answer to stash tabs not being P2W is that you can multiaccount for more space - that's probably going to break under this. And depending on how it's done the league progress migration may also have some serious caveats keeping it from being smooth.

It would be far better (and somewhat simpler) to just run a 1-3 month fixed-seed BLAMT or Winterheart SSF league as its own thing. The whole "merge back in at will" thing is, well, pretty dumb and useless.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Last edited by TheLastZica on Jan 23, 2017, 2:38:56 AM
for me this was never interesting in any way. bring a good next league!
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
the path of exile just got a bit more lonely
"
Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

Am I missing something? When does one ever party up with someone unless it's for trading?
--== Enjoying the game ==--
Would it be correct to assume that temp league SSF players will not have to accomplish the same number of temp league challenges in order to qualify for the challenge rewards? Only about half of the challenges are really feasible in SSF mode and so I kinds feel that the challenge list ought to be either halved or altered for them for them so as to allow them a decent shot at challenge completion since they don't have the outsized advantage that trading and partying gives you in completing some of the challenges in the main game (and they shouldn't be forced to play a league they don't like just to gather challenges).
"
Twiiik wrote:
"
Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

Am I missing something? When does one ever party up with someone unless it's for trading?

When you have friends that don't run coc discharge and are actually tolerable or even fun to be around.

Yes, they do exist! Getting them to actually play PoE instead of League or other games just keeps getting harder, though.

And partying for maps and dailies is actually pretty standard... it's just private groups are 9050% better than public ever will be for numerous reasons, childish behavior, skill spam and mtxes among them.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info