Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.6] STUN IT ALL | *Detailed Video - Shaper and Guardians guide* | Stun up to T17

So how does that new Tidebreaker look? The average damage is less than Facebreakers I'd assume but still interesting that they're promoting more ways to perma-Stun (Ground Slam + Tidebreaker?).
Can you tell more how you got your estimated 10mil 10mil 15mil hp for the guardians? What is your estimation for shaper's hp? Also, what do you think about the poe.db.tw page on guardians hp? It says hydra has only 2.5mil hp on this page. http://poedb.tw/us/area.php?n=Lair+of+the+Hydra+Map
"
Hey guys, I did ancestral warchief chieftan for last 2 leagues and loved it. For next league a buddy and I are going to try this with him as necro support for us to rush chimera early league for the claw monies xD

My first question: in terms of that goal what would be fastest use of time and currency? Obviously facebreaker first, then abyssus and lion's roar / atziri flask? will that be enough to stun t15 at least? and will i be able to use tabula initially or a 5 link chest, or will it simply not work even up to t15 without 6l and steel rings? Appreciate the insight.

Also P.S. any way we can test that the build still works properly before the new league? I'm worried GGG will stealth nerf it :(

As in the video guide, I am using no flasks but facebreakers with abyssus, the quiver, the two unique rings and a 6l with concentrated effect, to stun malachai. There was nothing more to it. Didn't use vaal lightning trap or any flasks. I did not use steel rings.

A 5L will do like 30% less dmg, which will be compensated for by using lion's roar and atziri's promise on T15 bosses.

There is no way to assure stelth nearf to stun or life numbers on bosses,more than testing every single boss again after patch.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Feb 21, 2017, 12:08:45 PM
"
_loki wrote:
So how does that new Tidebreaker look? The average damage is less than Facebreakers I'd assume but still interesting that they're promoting more ways to perma-Stun (Ground Slam + Tidebreaker?).

The stun numbers on the item are wonderful. 29%+19 from endurance charge on melee stun is 48% increased stun, vs 25% from quiver and 10% from facebreakers, making it 35%. That is 13% stun threshold difference. The skill tree makes this difference even bigger as there are mace nodes. But it doesn't stop there, heavy strike could be an alternative reducing stun threshold by 25% further.

However, the mauls average damage is like 360 after 20% quality. This is a lot lower than the facebreakers average damage. This is compensated for somewhat by heavy strikes higher base damage.

So the stun numbers on this new weapon can get pretty good. It all comes down to how high average damage per hit you can achieve.
"
tie23he wrote:
Can you tell more how you got your estimated 10mil 10mil 15mil hp for the guardians? What is your estimation for shaper's hp? Also, what do you think about the poe.db.tw page on guardians hp? It says hydra has only 2.5mil hp on this page. http://poedb.tw/us/area.php?n=Lair+of+the+Hydra+Map

Chimera has about the same life pool as hydra. I hit with 181k dmg per hit without flasks and with aura support and concentrated effect.

I have 99% reduced stun threshold without flasks active, chimeras life pool will look like 13% of its normal in the eyes of stun.

I need to hit for at least 10% of that to stun chimera (20% stun chance), which equals 1.25% of chimeras life. This means chimera would have up to around 14 million hp. As mentioned, 10 million is an estimation and if we think about that the chimera might mitigate some of the damage we make, our average damage per hit would be lower and the calculated number would come closer to 10 million.

Phoenix is estimated to have 50% more hp as it is harder to stun. On poedb has maybe 30% more hp, something like 3.2 million compared to 2.5 million. I think this ratio is close to the truth, but the actual life numbers are wrong as seen in the calculation before thisone.

I think shaper is a bit harder to stun than phoenix, so maybe 20 million hp or something? Maybe it's just the lack of vaal lightning trap having an effect and they have the same hp. I don't know, its an estimation.

Last edited by ChrispieD on Feb 21, 2017, 2:05:47 PM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
S0ckbaby wrote:
I know someone had asked before, however it didn't look like there was a reply, but I was just wondering what the gem setup in the body armor would look like if it was only a 5L?

Thanks! Really enjoying the build so far :D

Hi!

The 5L gems would be Warchief totem+melee phys+faster attacks+increased aoe/conc. effect+stun.

I can't afford a 6L Belly yet either, but when I can, was wondering if Added Fire would add more DPS than Melee on Full Life?
Added fire gives substantial amount of dmg, I replaced fast attacks with it.

My dmg is 117k-326k per hit @ 1.81aps, with atziri + lion flask and conc effect. Don't have taste of hate yet.

Boss fights are easy, will try shaper if I can find auramancer. Guardians can be stunlocked without dedicated support in 6man group.

A couple of things I suggest OP to try:

Using these boots in boss fights. I'm at 134% stun reduction with flask up.

Also for jewels, get ones with life%+stun duration+dmg, if running with aurabot, resistances doesn't matter.

riceJuicer
"
jbd007 wrote:

I can't afford a 6L Belly yet either, but when I can, was wondering if Added Fire would add more DPS than Melee on Full Life?

Added fire gives less damage than melee damage on full life, except for when you are not on full life. But you are almost always on full life.
"
ctfs wrote:
Added fire gives substantial amount of dmg, I replaced fast attacks with it.

My dmg is 117k-326k per hit @ 1.81aps, with atziri + lion flask and conc effect. Don't have taste of hate yet.

Boss fights are easy, will try shaper if I can find auramancer. Guardians can be stunlocked without dedicated support in 6man group.

A couple of things I suggest OP to try:

Using these boots in boss fights. I'm at 134% stun reduction with flask up.

Also for jewels, get ones with life%+stun duration+dmg, if running with aurabot, resistances doesn't matter.

Very valuable input there. Those boots have been mentioned before and dropping faster attacks as well for either endurance charge on melee stun or added fire damage, where added fire damage showed about the same stun potential but faster boss kills, which makes the flasks last longer. The jewel changes for stun duration would also make the fights even easier. However, the stuns are already solid with an aura support on all guardians, but this could be an extra edge against shaper. But instead of stun durations on the jewels, I would probably opt for damage output.

Will be interesting to see your results :). Next league will also have leagacy facebreakers, making it possible to push even more for dps output! Going from 800 facebreakers to 1000 facebreakers is essentially 22% more damage per hit alone.

Also interesting that you can permastun the guardians without support, as phoenix is a real pain in the butt. I wasn't getting reliable stunlocks when I tested, although I could get a couple of stuns. But you have also gone for substantial more damage per hit, which eventually can hit a nice sweet spot.

Would be interesting to hear your future results, that is if GGG doesn't kill the build on tomorrows patch notes.

Here's to praying we aren't nerfed into the ground w this in a few hours!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info