Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

This negativity i see from people concerning this announcement makes me really sad.
From my point of view the game has gotten better and better for the last few years, so whining about how the devs spend their time would be beyond me. If i were entitled to tell GGG how to spend my support dollars (which i am not) i would gladly see it being taken to let more people enjoy the game. I mainly spend my money, because i love the game, so bringing it to more people seems to be one of the things they could do.
As far as i remember the console version of d3 went pretty well. I heard the argument that that is, because the game was build with a console version in mind, but the game plays pretty differently on console. You have for example a roll mechanic that is console exclusive and very much changes how you approach combat. It was released a long time after the pc release.
To me this seems pretty similar to what is happening to poe right now, so i have to guess the chance of the success of the xbox version working well for them to be fairly high.
"SUPPORTER PACKS!" biggest scamaz, been complaining for more then a year on this forums that the game gets easier and easier, there is no balance between skill gems, old unique items aren't being updated with the game, skill tree is a joke since they reduced the amount of life per point it's like you can't go the wrong way every path is fine its a game for monkeys for over a year now and with this decision it will just get worst, atleast this explains alot of things for me... i'm done even trying to complain, i will just try and play as much as possible this flowed version of what poe could've been because in 5-6 months i will be better off playing tetris then poe. Best of luck everyone! i'm done talking, time to play the game/poe.trade .
A lot of "keep it positive motherfucker" people are missing a point.

"The sales of Supporter Packs so far have funded a significant portion of Path of Exile's development."
(https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase)

Supporter packs where always a symbol of supporting Path of Exile. GGG always had only one game.
Path of Exile on Xbox is not Path of Exile on PC.
It does not matter that game "may" or "may not" benefit from Xbox version. Fact is, money could have been spent on hookers, strip clubs, drugs, joints and other stuff to motivate GGG workers to improve Path of Exile PC version.

I do wonder how it will reflect on "supporter packs".

Its just a matter on how you look at it.

If GGG would simply SELL them as "point packs" and not "Path of Exile supporter packs", lash back would have been smaller.
Also streamers aint helping this cause with all that "it's GGG money", well no, people had connection to "it's Path of Exile fund money".
Last edited by WiseGuard on Jan 21, 2017, 7:31:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMVgVam3W38 says it all.
I have read the majority of replies to this. There are some legitimate concerns.

However, to those complaining that 'their' money was spent on the Xbox port without their consent (and some even demanding a refund)..

You bought points and/or supporter packs. With that, you bought armour/weapon skins, stash tabs, and other MTX. That is what you paid for. You paid real money for a virtual product in a game to get more enjoyment out of it. And yes, in most cases, to support the company for the many hours of fun you've already gotten out of it. That's it. You did not buy stock in the company. It is no longer 'your' money.

If you don't agree with the path that GGG is taking, you are free to stop purchasing supporter packs in the future. However, keep in mind that they will make a significant amount of extra revenue from the Xbox player base and some of that will go into development for both platforms simultaneously. It will likely improve/speed things up for the PC version as well in the long run.

But you don't have a say or any influence in how GGG spends or uses that money once you bought that virtual product from them in the past. You received exactly what you paid for at the time of purchase. There is a fair expectation that the game will stay online for the foreseeable future and continue to develop, of course.. And it will. Beyond that, GGG can do whatever they'd like with the money they've made.
Last edited by projectsix on Jan 21, 2017, 8:24:18 AM
The only issue i have with this coming to xbox is all the mtx's and stash tabs we bought on the PC version probably wont carry over to xbox since its a totally different realm. Unless you can somehow log into to your pc account on the xbox client then that would be sweet.
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"point packs" and not "Path of Exile supporter packs", lash back would have been smaller.
Also streamers aint helping this cause with all that "it's GGG money", well no, people had connection to "it's Path of Exile fund money".

I don't really get this logic. Did supporters really think that every red cent they gave GGG was definitely going into the development of Path of Exile on PC? That is just silly. GGG could have started development on another game entirely, heck maybe they are right now. Seems like since it's a port of PoE to console people are more upset than if GGG announced an entirely new game. But it's the same result. People gave them money and they did what they wanted to do with it to grow the company.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"point packs" and not "Path of Exile supporter packs", lash back would have been smaller.

I don't really get this logic. Did supporters really think that every red cent they gave GGG was definitely going into the development of Path of Exile on PC? That is just silly. GGG could have started development on another game entirely, heck maybe they are right now. Seems like since it's a port of PoE to console people are more upset than if GGG announced an entirely new game. But it's the same result. People gave them money and they did what they wanted to do with it to grow the company.

Exactly!

People bought packs and got their goodies in return. It's supporting the company, not the exact direction they want PoE to go. Be happy it's still going back into PoE, even if indirectly, and not some new game or lining the personal bank accounts of a select few at GGG.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Bergler33 wrote:
It's not going to affect the PC version.

Except that GGG now has to maintain two different versions of the game. If they would be 1:1 ports aside from the targetting changes, sure, it would be fine, but there are deliberate changes done to balance and major systems and the game is ported inhouse. All that adds to the resources that could've spent on the PC release instead. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if patches would only be rolled out if both versions are ready. At least now it makes somewhat sense as to why there have been certain changes in the past year, such as the one that melee skills can autotarget enemies.

Not that it would bother me because I've gotten enough out of this game already, but that's just a few reasons why "It's not like it will affect you" is not a valid defense. For example, you can also argue that the work on the xbox port - that presumably took place in very late 2014 according to CW on reddit - actually hampered development speed of Path of Exile itself. From 92 patches in a year, down to 45 in 2015 and 2016.
Last edited by CheshireCat on Jan 21, 2017, 11:39:46 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:

Well its reasonable, since there is this huge rage storm.

If we look at other companies, like Blizzard for example.
You pay 15eu for monthly WoW sub, and its fine, it feed D3, SC2, HotS, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and its fine.
Same way you buy skins or new models and pay for them.

Yet maybe people created sort of "bondage" with the fact that you support PoE and not GGG. Supporter packs still talk about "support PoE" and not "PoE Android Version".

"
The sales of Supporter Packs so far have funded a significant portion of Path of Exile's development.

"
Thank you so much for your continued support of Path of Exile.

Text is about supporting PoE, and not PoE Android or PoE XBox.

So rage is fair to some extent. If someone pulls the card "you where dumb to believe it, GGG is a company haha", people will revolt against shady stuff.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Jan 21, 2017, 12:32:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info