Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

sorry not sorry, what a failure going to a console, cant even fix the crap already wrong with the game. fking retarded
That trailer is lovely though. And the soundtrack is delicious - i keep asking when is GGG gonna release the OST already?
I mean since last year alone, the mystery box tracks and expansion trailer music would make up a dope new album. Hah.
I doubt GGG was not expecting all that "negative feedback" from the community. I believe they had some extensive internal discussion about the decision.

And the longer I think about it, it kind of makes sense to me.
But... GGG should give more information! Because their reputation (->success) strongly depends on that (which I think will fall off if they don't).

The information the community expects is: Can GGG garantee that the PC development will not suffer under the XBox development? What are the expected returns and how will they influence the PC version (numbers maybe)?

What I believe:

The recent improvements on the game engine (e.g. DirectX11) could have lead to a game client, that is not far from a game client, that could run on an XBox One. And I am pretty sure that the XBox One is the console that requires the least development to port it from a Windows version to a console.

ARPGs, especially such complex ones like PoE, are a niche on consoles. Maybe due to the fact that console players are more the casual player types. But hopefully PoE can prove that nerds can get satisfied on consoles too! ;)

However a growth of the player base (money!) should benefit the development of the PC version, as long as the payback from the console version is bigger than the costs of its development.
So instead of investing the money and resources into a new skill tree so it stops being path of life nodes, new skills and balance, endgame content or new classes they make a shitty console port. Yeah, not going to support this company anymore, sorry.
"
mikumi23 wrote:
"
eralduspr wrote:
"
Kostax wrote:
This is sooo fucking pathetic. Finally a legit reason to quit this fucking game.
They couldn't keep up with the work they had with PC version and now only complete mongoloids would think this xbox clown fiesta is going to change anything in a good way. It won't, it will only make PoE a peasant casual d3 like garbage.

Go ahead and quit... we don't need crybabies that doesn't knows shit about what's going on and are talking from their asses... maybe now you will finally geta job and leave ypur mom's basement? Nah.... you're probably still going to keep playing the game, like all the fools throwing a childish tantrum over this. The XBox version will have ZERO impact on the PC version, as it will be a totally different version form PC, which doesn't mean it will get downgraded in any way, LMAO!

Cry more.

well since your stupid tell me how much longer it will take for the pc version to improve or them fixing minor problems? or improving the game and bringing new contents?

with xbox version out they will now take twice as much on the pc version that means they will spend a lot time and money on xbox version that they could spend on pc version.

if your so fine with the xbox version maybe u should shut up and go play it. it seems like u either got no idea what u talking about or u don't have an idea how big the impact going to be for poe pc version.

Nah, it's the idiots like you who don't have not the slightest idea of how it worst at all... you're just buttdevasted that the game is getting on console ports. You're literally implying that GGG can't handle TWO different versions of the same game... LMAO! They will work on both and will still deliver it at the same pace, because they're not a small group of devs.

Grow up, stop crying like a little girl and maybe try to go out for a bit... seems that being stuffed inside your mom's basement has severely affected your brain cells . :)
LoL he is not saying ggg cant handle that. You got it wrong. He is saying the f.. truth.

Its gonna take alot longer to get new content.
Its gonna take alot longer to get improvements.
Game is gonna be even more casual! Thats a fact - we already have stupid scaling - million dps builds - map clear in 1min. You sure like clear maps in 1 or 2min max. Go play some minesweeper or card game.

Older poe game was different, less run through map like headless chicken, roll maps in your favor etc..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Jan 20, 2017, 1:38:54 PM
"
uqcypher wrote:
The information the community expects is: Can GGG garantee that the PC development will not suffer under the XBox development? What are the expected returns and how will they influence the PC version (numbers maybe)?

1) No, they can't. Well, technically they can, but I can guarantee you no one who thinks it is going to affect PC things is going to believe them if/when they say that. So that won't achieve anything. There's also already a Development Manifesto post released that says exactly what you wanted here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1821427 Feel free to check the responses to see how well that worked out.

2) That's business data. You're asking to look at their financial projections. They've never shared those before and I don't see why should have to now. That's internal company stuff. In any case, it won't help with the salt here since no one is saying that XBox wouldn't make money if it actually takes off. The complaint isn't that this is necessarily a bad business venture but rather that this isn't what many of the players want.

Ultimately, there's nothing GGG can do now about the shitstorm apart from let it run its course and eventually subside (which it will, unless this XBox experiment fails badly).
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 20, 2017, 3:07:01 PM
"
webas wrote:
Game is gonna be even more casual! Thats a fact - we already have stupid scaling - million dps builds - map clear in 1min. You sure like clear maps in 1 or 2min max. Go play some minesweeper or card game.

Older poe game was different, less run through map like headless chicken, roll maps in your favor etc..

I've been playing for 3.5 years. None of my builds clear maps in 1-2 mins. Nor, frankly, do I want them to. Most players are similar. There's also a majority of players who can't cheese all endgame content. Why else do you think Endgame and even Merciless Lab services are a thing? And Shaper/Guardian services. And Atziri services.

Those million dps builds are a minority. Even when guides are posted, they rarely work out as OP for most of the people who follow them. I know, cos I've even written a few build guides myself (that have also been accepted into the build lists on the class forums). They work for the OP and a few others, nothing more. Same as how a great recipe doesn't necessarily turn out as good for the people at home as they do for the chef on TV.

I'm not saying the game hasn't become easier compared to before, but just that you - and several others - keep exaggerating in implying that the game has become cheesed with faceroll content. And even HC characters in this game still die often despite building for survivability.

If you feel that the game has become too easy for you, my humble suggestion is for you to take a break from it for a while (not out of protest, but rather for your own good) and return when you feel refreshed. Even players of a deeply complex game like PoE can experience burnout.
Please GGG any info about ps4 ? PLEASE !!!
"
Exile009 wrote:

I've been playing for 3.5 years. None of my builds clear maps in 1-2 mins. Nor, frankly, do I want them to. Most players are similar. There's also a majority of players who can't cheese all endgame content. Why else do you think Endgame and even Merciless Lab services are a thing? And Shaper/Guardian services. And Atziri services.

Those million dps builds are a minority. Even when guides are posted, they rarely work out as OP for most of the people who follow them. I know, cos I've even written a few build guides myself (that have also been accepted into the build lists on the class forums). They work for the OP and a few others, nothing more. Same as how a great recipe doesn't necessarily turn out as good for the people at home as they do for the chef on TV.

I'm not saying the game hasn't become easier compared to before, but just that you - and several others - keep exaggerating in implying that the game has become cheesed with faceroll content. And even HC characters in this game still die often despite building for survivability.

If you feel that the game has become too easy for you, my humble suggestion is for you to take a break from it for a while (not out of protest, but rather for your own good) and return when you feel refreshed. Even players of a deeply complex game like PoE can experience burnout.

/slowclap

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info