Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

"
VlGILANCE wrote:
PCI: Path of Exile supporters are passionate about the game and not all will be pleased to see money being put into a console version. Can you reassure them that their support it as valuable as ever to keep the PC version expanding and how has the Xbox version been funded?

Chris Wilson: Almost all of the money spent on the console version has improved the performance of the PC one also. The revenue generated by the console version will be spent expanding the game with new acts and other content for both versions.

PCI: As far as technical improvements are concerned in future updates, do you see the limitations of the Xbox version having any impact on the PC experience at all?

Chris Wilson: Absolutely. They have and will continue to result in performance improvements that affect the PC version as well.

do you see the limitations of the Xbox version having any impact on the PC experience at all?

Chris Wilson: Absolutely.

limitations of the Xbox version having any impact?

Chris Wilson: Absolutely.

limitations?
Absolutely.

Holy out of context batman...he said it as a good thing because optimizations for Xbox One helped improve PC performance.
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
i'm considering buying an xbox 1 now. i prefer the wireless controller to a mouse and keyboard.

You can, if you like 900p @ 30fps too.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
hope its fault
Holy fuck this is sad :(
"
EPIKpm wrote:
I already made a post but its started to sink in now......can't believe this betrayal to PC gamers I'm just lost for words.....I may play from time to time to see how PC weathers this but as it stands I wont be dropping large sums of $$$ on supporter packs any more!

oohhh booo hooo muh pc master race. How is this a betrayal? Are you that ignorant and selfish that you don't want more people to enjoy this amazing game? That's the opposite of what a smart company or business would do. Wouldnt you want more people to experience this game and buy supporter packs to support GGG? Stop being a greedy ass face.

I am happy this is going to happen because I will be able to play PoE with my little brother on his xbox because he doesnt own a pc but is interested in PoE.
Feels terrible knowing that some of the money I donated went into this...

Definitely won't be giving GGG any more of my money for a while until they can prove that the console port won't affect the PC version...which is pretty much impossible since all decisions going forward will always have the console port in mind.

Feels...shitty.

"
Osirius wrote:
Funny seeing all the people with no supporter packs whining. It's not your money they are spending. Xbone is likely to have a $60 tag on the game, which will bring in a lot more revenue than you have contributed.

Common, read the announcement before you comment:
"
The Xbox One version is also free-to-play and will contain all the content from the PC version, including the upcoming 3.0.0 expansion that includes Act Five

Last edited by Semarogin on Jan 18, 2017, 8:04:56 PM
"
Riathy wrote:
Whelp, going to the same direction as diablo 3 then, making poe a dead game. I guess im done supporting it.

Nothing ever good comes from pc games going to consoles. Diablo3 being prime example here.

RiP PoE. you were a good game.

So much this.

First time I see a PC change influenced by console limitations, I'm done.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
"
Snow tileset at 2:28 into the console trailer. What!

Act 5. Maybe?
"
csucbcr77 wrote:
oohhh booo hooo muh pc master race. How is this a betrayal? Are you that ignorant and selfish that you don't want more people to enjoy this amazing game? That's the opposite of what a smart company or business would do. Wouldnt you want more people to experience this game and buy supporter packs to support GGG? Stop being a greedy ass face.

Sure, more people need to experience graphics lags, server lags, crash, DX11 bugs, lacks of in-game trading system, unbalance, p2w and others broken things. Because at 900p @ 30fps this experience will be even more complete.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on Jan 18, 2017, 8:04:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info