[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Yo I'm pretty much decked and have 20ex lying around, made most my money doing uber lab carries. Is there any relics that can be used in this build?If not then all I can do is min/max a few things I suppose.
Hi, maybe i can try uber lab with this equip?

I have 5k of life an 2.6k of armor, save money for xoph blood.

Thanks again for the build.
Hey, I came in to thank you for this build. It has worked out really great and it's been so far most solid build I've played, although I haven't played that many. I've turned my Oro's Flicker Slayer (that used The Taming + Emberwake) into this build with a whole bunch of regrets (still need some to respec bandits, frenzy charge being useless).

I haven't done actually that much with this build apart from farming lab. It's really great for it, especially when solo. Izaro practically is trivialized. I have died two times to Izaro so far. Once with elementals and I suspect the culprit was shock, that I didn't know about and did not have countermeasures against. Once against conduited Izaro, who I guess critted with slam. I did not have a single 7% hp jewel then so I had 5,8k hp.

Basically, doing full key Izaro runs is easy with this build. The traps are also not an issue, although most of my deaths are related to them (in some cases, you get a trap maze without any mobs to leech from, yet you play as if you're still leeching).

I've got a whole bunch of currency with this build, done probably like 40 lab runs in 2 days. Have even carried sometimes people and I'm probably going to do that more in future. Argus is also not an issue if you got enough DPS, just charge your endurance charges to 4 before entering the room, set up warchief totem and burst him down. If you don't have enough DPS (for like 10-20 runs I didn't have good enough DPS due to gems being low level and didn't even have warchiefs in my setup), all you have to do is run away from him when he is enraged. I have never died to Argus so far and I've done him in almost every run, even ones I've carried.

My gear:

Spoiler

Flask setup is by the way very important for lab. Basalt flask helps to mitigate his oneshot potential by a lot. And if solo, you can actually do his every phase with 2 flask charges without any issues. Last phase is practically the shortest one.

This build has also helped me a lot because it's easy way to learn out Izaro mechanics. I've done runs where I've intentionally tried to avoid all Izaro attacks on purpose, even if they don't pose me a threat (unless they crit, I guess). This way, I have easier time with him with other builds as well. Hell, I've even stopped using flasks or attacking Izaro when I'm waiting for idols. It's practically so easy to disregard him (without having any traps in the room) and he can't really do anything to you.

I've also played the same build as berserker and I can tell that this one is much, much better in my opinion. Berserker has crazy leech with cloaked in savagery + vaal pact and it can facetank a lot like that, but it's nerve wrecking if the boss moves away from you for a small moment. And it doesn't really encourage you to play properly, unlike this build. So I consider this superior to the zerker one.
Do the elemental damage with weapons nodes not show on tooltip? I respecced to primeval force and catalyse and it seems my damage didnt move much
IGN PoopyPotter
I just got
...and it doesn't really seem to do much. Anyone else agree? I mean, those extra projectiles are nice for DPS, but unless you're carrying people in lab or something, it just doesn't seem actually useful. In fact, I think Taste of Hate would be better than this, honestly, as it would pretty much make us immune to izaro oneshots. And it could replace The Wise Oak flask.

Only instance where I'd imagine it to be useful is for farming breaches through vaal cyclone. That AOE of Vaal Cyclone will increase a ton thanks to that.
Last edited by Mellowautomata on Mar 22, 2017, 12:09:58 AM
Hi Kira, thanks for the build, its been pretty great thus far.

How important are the nodes: "Accuracy and Reduced Mana Cost"(10% increased Accuracy rating + 4% reduced mana cost) and "Versatility"(4% iAS, 20% inc accuracy rating, 4% reduced mana cost, +20 Dex and Int)

I was thinking of skipping that for say, "Weapon elemental damage"(10% inc elemental dmg with weapons) and "Cataylse"(24% inc elemental dmg with weapons, +10 str and int) nodes.

Trade offs:
-4% inc Attack speed
8% reduced mana cost
+20 Dex
+10 Int

vs

34% inc weapon elemental damage
+10 Str

Because of RT I feel that a lot of the power from those 2 nodes are being wasted(30% inc to accuracy) and just curious if the 34% weapon elemental damage would be better than 4% inc AS.

You could also grab the other +10% Weapon elemental damage node next to that in the cluster if you drop one of the Life leech node(.4% attack damage leeched as life + 10% inc life leeched per second) but again I'm not too sure how detrimental the trade would be.
"
Hitoseijuro wrote:

How important are the nodes: "Accuracy and Reduced Mana Cost"(10% increased Accuracy rating + 4% reduced mana cost) and "Versatility"(4% iAS, 20% inc accuracy rating, 4% reduced mana cost, +20 Dex and Int)

I was thinking of skipping that for say, "Weapon elemental damage"(10% inc elemental dmg with weapons) and "Cataylse"(24% inc elemental dmg with weapons, +10 str and int) nodes.

You lose 20 int. If you can get it from gear, then I personally think those two nodes aren't important. Mostly because they only give 4% ias. But I personally thought about this and decided to take them for the intelligence alone. Decreased mana cost is pretty nice too especially with 6l (keeping up 100% mana isn't easy if you're facetanking), but spirit void would be much better to solve mana issues.

Also it's a great node if you don't pick resolute technique (which I'd say is great for EO builds).

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize Catalyse adds 10 int
Last edited by Mellowautomata on Mar 22, 2017, 12:28:50 AM
how did you level before Cyclone?
"
not sure what i wanna upgrade next.

get a dying sun?
buy a 6l jack? I have a 5l belly and 5l jack atm
work on the fire rings?
buy 2x steel rings?
enlighten 4 for another curse?
work on implementing frenzies into this build?

I wanna start pushing end game content. Not sure where to start. I feel i need something.

I would definitely work on getting the 6L first.

"
xanubiz wrote:
Id like some more HC feedback for this build as im trying to figure out what gear to get, i guess a 5Link Belly would be great (as discribed in guide) but Lightning Coil is not recommended?

Yes. Lightning Coil is another great physical damage mitigation chest.

"
palyho wrote:
did anyone try going with an astral plate chest?

I believe someone did. Astral plate is an alternate chest piece if you need to cap your resistance.

"
mor_tilt wrote:
just wanna say thanks for the build! finished the 100 uber lab endgame challenge all with this char (first 25 or so runs on a 5 link) and without xophs blood! with very little problems. tyty

Congrats on clearing that 100 challenge!

"
frallan123 wrote:
Currently 89 doing pretty good. I have around 10ex~ I dont know really what I should upgrade feels like my damage isnt super good and I die fast sometimes even though its not reflect. Sitting around 5900life and 3000 armor.

I'll try to get the flasks thats recommended.

Here's my gear any recommendation for upgrade? Should I switch some gems out?

I would suggest to get Taste of Hate flask and Dying sun. Wise Oak is another great addition to the flask list. And aim to get your health pool over 6200. It is very much possible to achieve 6700 life with Carcass Jack.

"
Fellfrosch09 wrote:
Any suggestions about "The Brine Crown" is Cylocne stationary if we whirling? Cannot be Frozen is good too i think.

You won't get to benefit from Brine's Crown because cyclone is a mobility skill. You are always on the move. :)

"
Throttlezz wrote:
Yo I'm pretty much decked and have 20ex lying around, made most my money doing uber lab carries. Is there any relics that can be used in this build?If not then all I can do is min/max a few things I suppose.

Legacy Taste of Hate is definitely a great option for you with that many currencies lying around. :)

"
Kaozuke wrote:
Hi, maybe i can try uber lab with this equip?

I have 5k of life an 2.6k of armor, save money for xoph blood.

Thanks again for the build.

Yes you certainly can. Get a basalt flask too as you need granite + basalt + endurance charges to handle Uber Izaro with ease

"
Phloozy wrote:
Do the elemental damage with weapons nodes not show on tooltip? I respecced to primeval force and catalyse and it seems my damage didnt move much

Yes they do reflect on tooltip.

"

Hey, I came in to thank you for this build. It has worked out really great and it's been so far most solid build I've played, although I haven't played that many. I've turned my Oro's Flicker Slayer (that used The Taming + Emberwake) into this build with a whole bunch of regrets (still need some to respec bandits, frenzy charge being useless).

I haven't done actually that much with this build apart from farming lab. It's really great for it, especially when solo. Izaro practically is trivialized. I have died two times to Izaro so far. Once with elementals and I suspect the culprit was shock, that I didn't know about and did not have countermeasures against. Once against conduited Izaro, who I guess critted with slam. I did not have a single 7% hp jewel then so I had 5,8k hp.

Basically, doing full key Izaro runs is easy with this build. The traps are also not an issue, although most of my deaths are related to them (in some cases, you get a trap maze without any mobs to leech from, yet you play as if you're still leeching).

Spoiler
I've got a whole bunch of currency with this build, done probably like 40 lab runs in 2 days. Have even carried sometimes people and I'm probably going to do that more in future. Argus is also not an issue if you got enough DPS, just charge your endurance charges to 4 before entering the room, set up warchief totem and burst him down. If you don't have enough DPS (for like 10-20 runs I didn't have good enough DPS due to gems being low level and didn't even have warchiefs in my setup), all you have to do is run away from him when he is enraged. I have never died to Argus so far and I've done him in almost every run, even ones I've carried.

My gear:

Spoiler

Flask setup is by the way very important for lab. Basalt flask helps to mitigate his oneshot potential by a lot. And if solo, you can actually do his every phase with 2 flask charges without any issues. Last phase is practically the shortest one.

This build has also helped me a lot because it's easy way to learn out Izaro mechanics. I've done runs where I've intentionally tried to avoid all Izaro attacks on purpose, even if they don't pose me a threat (unless they crit, I guess). This way, I have easier time with him with other builds as well. Hell, I've even stopped using flasks or attacking Izaro when I'm waiting for idols. It's practically so easy to disregard him (without having any traps in the room) and he can't really do anything to you.

I've also played the same build as berserker and I can tell that this one is much, much better in my opinion. Berserker has crazy leech with cloaked in savagery + vaal pact and it can facetank a lot like that, but it's nerve wrecking if the boss moves away from you for a small moment. And it doesn't really encourage you to play properly, unlike this build. So I consider this superior to the zerker one.

I just got
...and it doesn't really seem to do much. Anyone else agree? I mean, those extra projectiles are nice for DPS, but unless you're carrying people in lab or something, it just doesn't seem actually useful. In fact, I think Taste of Hate would be better than this, honestly, as it would pretty much make us immune to izaro oneshots. And it could replace The Wise Oak flask.

Only instance where I'd imagine it to be useful is for farming breaches through vaal cyclone. That AOE of Vaal Cyclone will increase a ton thanks to that.

Glad you are enjoying the build and thank you very much for sharing your berserker experience. :)

You will need a ruby flask to handle elemental reflect and having Dying Sun is just perfect for it since it also provide more damage output. You can certainly see the AOE increase in a high pack size map (and in breaches too). So I would definitely keep Dying Sun on my belt.

"
Hitoseijuro wrote:

Trade offs:
-4% inc Attack speed
8% reduced mana cost
+20 Dex
+10 Int

vs

34% inc weapon elemental damage
+10 Str

Because of RT I feel that a lot of the power from those 2 nodes are being wasted(30% inc to accuracy) and just curious if the 34% weapon elemental damage would be better than 4% inc AS.

You could also grab the other +10% Weapon elemental damage node next to that in the cluster if you drop one of the Life leech node(.4% attack damage leeched as life + 10% inc life leeched per second) but again I'm not too sure how detrimental the trade would be.

What @Mellowautomata said. Versatility is mainly for the int and mana reduction (and the accuracy it provide for Elemental Overload tree is perfect for it).

If you are not going for Elemental Overload skill tree and you don't have issues with int, picking up Catalyse is certainly a good choice. :)

"
cryyyy wrote:
how did you level before Cyclone?

I was using Earthquake + Ancestral Warchief to level up till 55. I have Cyclone gem in my gem slot to level it at the same time so that I can switch to it once I can use Ngamahu's Flame.
"
kira1414 wrote:

If you are not going for Elemental Overload skill tree and you don't have issues with int, picking up Catalyse is certainly a good choice. :)

I thought as much. I'm currently using the Primeval Force path. If I get lucky down the line to acquire A.A. Gauntlets and Cospri 6L, Ill look to adjust it and try it out. For now I am content with how this build is progressing thus far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info