[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Lunarsz wrote:
So took a break from this build to farm around 20ex on my alt.
What would be the biggest boosts for me to do the end game boss challenges(farm them)

Was thinking of buying Xoph's blood, and maybe the 40% enchant?
Or should I go for the watchers eye/ tombfists?
If someone could check out my Character and help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Holy crap that perseverance. How much /played for those 20ex?

For your char, I have imported it into PoB (and added Conc Effect, Added Ele Damage and Fortify to your Cyclone). With all flasks active that gets you to 155k dps against the Shaper.

First thing: Get Herald of Ash -> 171k (no cost)

From here, every aspect is treated individually based on those 171k.

Going for Xoph's Blood means losing Flammability and freeing 6 passive points (as long as you need RT, 3 once you change to EO). I get to 196k unconditional dps with those changes (going for Slaughter on the tree). If you check "covered in Ash", the conditional mod on Xoph's Blood, you get 236k.

The next biggest boost would be a dual mod Watcher's Eye replacing your single mod one. If we add 15% fire pen, your dps becomes 196k.

Much cheaper comes a boost to 194k by simply getting Tombfists (medium attack speed) with any Murderous Eye jewel. Your current gloves have no dps stats, so there's no loss except for one thing: Without your gloves, you have more cold than fire resist, so you need to get fire resist on a jewel to maintain the Wise Oak benefit. Dps stats on the jewel(s) could enhance this further.

Even cheaper than that you could replace the Sulphur flask with the Worm flask to trigger "killed recently". Checking that gets you to 195k (after removing Sulphur). Don't know if 100% uptime is realistic though, I picked Champion.

The 15% Cyclone attack speed enchant would get you to 182k dps. It's better than the 40% increased one in your case.

Last thing, your rings are bad dps-wise. A GG Opal ring (implicit and 2 perfect T1 prefixes) would get you to 193k.

Overall however, I feel this build is rather limited by its 2-handed weapon (-> no stat stick possible). It takes a lot of currency for comparably weak results. My opinion that is.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
Lunarsz wrote:
So took a break from this build to farm around 20ex on my alt.
What would be the biggest boosts for me to do the end game boss challenges(farm them)

Was thinking of buying Xoph's blood, and maybe the 40% enchant?
Or should I go for the watchers eye/ tombfists?
If someone could check out my Character and help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Holy crap that perseverance. How much /played for those 20ex?

For your char, I have imported it into PoB (and added Conc Effect, Added Ele Damage and Fortify to your Cyclone). With all flasks active that gets you to 155k dps against the Shaper.

First thing: Get Herald of Ash -> 171k (no cost)

From here, every aspect is treated individually based on those 171k.

Going for Xoph's Blood means losing Flammability and freeing 6 passive points (as long as you need RT, 3 once you change to EO). I get to 196k unconditional dps with those changes (going for Slaughter on the tree). If you check "covered in Ash", the conditional mod on Xoph's Blood, you get 236k.

The next biggest boost would be a dual mod Watcher's Eye replacing your single mod one. If we add 15% fire pen, your dps becomes 196k.

Much cheaper comes a boost to 194k by simply getting Tombfists (medium attack speed) with any Murderous Eye jewel. Your current gloves have no dps stats, so there's no loss except for one thing: Without your gloves, you have more cold than fire resist, so you need to get fire resist on a jewel to maintain the Wise Oak benefit. Dps stats on the jewel(s) could enhance this further.

Even cheaper than that you could replace the Sulphur flask with the Worm flask to trigger "killed recently". Checking that gets you to 195k (after removing Sulphur). Don't know if 100% uptime is realistic though, I picked Champion.

The 15% Cyclone attack speed enchant would get you to 182k dps. It's better than the 40% increased one in your case.

Last thing, your rings are bad dps-wise. A GG Opal ring (implicit and 2 perfect T1 prefixes) would get you to 193k.

Overall however, I feel this build is rather limited by its 2-handed weapon (-> no stat stick possible). It takes a lot of currency for comparably weak results. My opinion that is.

Around 2 days on my makeshift autobomber for the ex.

I have herald of ash already I have just removed a lot of the gems to use on my autobomber to farm burials.

From what i can see that watcher's eye alone for the double mod is 40ex, which I dont have atm.

reworked my gear a bit, if I to get tombfists which link should I drop?
Also can you explain what you mean about RT and EO, thanks.
Last edited by Lunarsz on Jul 2, 2018, 6:41:48 PM
https://pastebin.com/EujXrbiq
This is my character, im having problems with guardians i can't kill anyone, mapping is awesome but guardians oneshot me, pls i need help :3
"
Lunarsz wrote:

Around 2 days on my makeshift autobomber for the ex.

I have herald of ash already I have just removed a lot of the gems to use on my autobomber to farm burials.

From what i can see that watcher's eye alone for the double mod is 40ex, which I dont have atm.

reworked my gear a bit, if I to get tombfists which link should I drop?
Also can you explain what you mean about RT and EO, thanks.

Well, you have improved massively since yesterday. 171k Shaper dps have become 257k without "covered in ash" and 304k when that condition is met.
I see that a dual mod Watcher's Eye is too expensive. What you could still do, is to get the Worm flask to trigger the 20% more damage from having killed recently.

You have several redundant links that you can cut: any supports for Warchief, Leap Slam for example. Though Warchief can proc Combustion, which is nice.

RT is Resolute Technique and recommended for Slayer so you don't need accuracy on gear. You could evolve into an EO (Elemental Overload) tree eventually, when you invest a lot of currency into items that have accuracy on top of the stats you already need. Champion doesn't need RT because he has 100% to-hit anyway.

"
Aoi_Kay wrote:
https://pastebin.com/EujXrbiq
This is my character, im having problems with guardians i can't kill anyone, mapping is awesome but guardians oneshot me, pls i need help :3

There is nothing not much fundamentally wrong with your char given its budget.

The Impresence is bullsh* because it's a Conductivity one, you'd need a Flammability one. This does nothing for you, could better get a rare.

You're at 4.9k HP which isn't much for a melee char so I'm not surprised that you die to guardians. However there are a few guardian moves (mainly Minotaur and Phoenix) that will one-shot you anyway. Those moves need to be avoided. Chimera would be the worst if you had Vaal Pact, but you don't, so that could be the easiest guardian. Could be, I haven't done him this league and don't really remember him from my 3.0 Slayer.

You should aim for 6k+ life for the endgame, so get better life rolls on gear and optimize your tree a bit to get more life nodes. Also, I had personally decided to use a well rolled Belly instead of a Bronn's. Came out slightly better in my PoB calcs, when I modified both trees to have a similar life pool (taking more life nodes with Bronn's vs damage nodes with Belly). I just wasn't able to link it yet. The Carcass Jack on my char was just a random purchase to get a 5L cheaply.

Damage-wise you're pretty much in the same situation that Lunarsz was yesterday, so my analysis of his options should mostly apply to you as well.
https://pastebin.com/zWyPDuRw
Hi, thanks for your time to check my build :), i made some changes: the Chest, get the correct impresence,also get a prismatic jewel, but i don't know how to config PoB, so i can really know how much my build has been improved, sorry for my english im from mexico :).
I have thombfist 2J but don't know what links put on them.
Last edited by Aoi_Kay on Jul 3, 2018, 4:08:40 PM
"
Aoi_Kay wrote:
https://pastebin.com/zWyPDuRw
Hi, thanks for your time to check my build :), i made some changes: the Chest, get the correct impresence,also get a prismatic jewel, but i don't know how to config PoB, so i can really know how much my build has been improved, sorry for my english im from mexico :).
I have thombfist 2J but don't know what links put on them.

Hey, you're welcome.

Don't have the time for PoB now, but some pointers:

You need to recolor your Belly to RRRBBG and replace Combustion with Melee Physical Damage. Should only cost a few Chromatics because red sockets are native to the Belly (unlike for Bronn's). Combustion and Ele Focus don't work together, so you only get the 29% more damage from Combustion wheras Melee Phys has a much higher multiplier.

Your rare jewels stink. Burning damage is near useless because it only impacts a tiny fraction of our damage. Both melee damage (only Cyclone) and proj damage (only Molten Burst) are suboptimal as well.

For your Tombfist question, if you get a 2-socket one, you need to cut the Inc Duration Support and one of the active gems. Could be the golem or Enduring Cry imo. What do you like more? Neither is that important.

edit: Upon double-checking, I saw that you have Melee Phys in the axe, that is plain wrong (no effect). That should be Ele damage with attacks. And you want Combustion instead of Ele Focus in the axe.

Also, some of your flasks aren't 20% quality, that's an easy upgrade. You get more duration out of that. Or more life in case of the life flasks.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jul 4, 2018, 5:18:08 AM
First 2 weeks into the game, playing this build on HC.

Even been a total newbie i just needed help on the act 10 kitava, what seems really good. I'm following the more life/armour skill plan on the guide, but i have some questions.

1- Now that i started mapping, what is the risk of running breaches? The reflection mobs will rekt me? (not using avatar of fire or Xoph's blood, i'm poor)

2- What it's a good rare amulet to replace the xoph's blood? Thinking on running 2 opals and an agate rare amulet but not sure what stats to look for on the amulet.

3- That ring that gives bleeding it's really worth it to use? May be a good option but i'm not sure if that's better then 2 opals (would have to change the chest sockets too)

Ty all, great build, really funny to play!
"
The_Marked_7 wrote:

Even been a total newbie i just needed help on the act 10 kitava, what seems really good. I'm following the more life/armour skill plan on the guide, but i have some questions.

1- Now that i started mapping, what is the risk of running breaches? The reflection mobs will rekt me? (not using avatar of fire or Xoph's blood, i'm poor)

2- What it's a good rare amulet to replace the xoph's blood? Thinking on running 2 opals and an agate rare amulet but not sure what stats to look for on the amulet.

3- That ring that gives bleeding it's really worth it to use? May be a good option but i'm not sure if that's better then 2 opals (would have to change the chest sockets too)

Can't really help you with Breaches or HC in general.

However what's your reason for not speccing into Avatar of Fire? Being poor doesn't explain that. You lose out on a lot of damage if you don't convert 100% of your damage into fire (which is then scaled by elemental and fire bonuses).

For a rare amulet, you can fill out missing stats and resists, get a high life roll and - if you can afford it - x-y phys damage to attacks or inc ele damage % to attacks.

Bleeding is useless with 100% ele conversion and Avatar of Fire. Just forget about it.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
The_Marked_7 wrote:

Can't really help you with Breaches or HC in general.

However what's your reason for not speccing into Avatar of Fire? Being poor doesn't explain that. You lose out on a lot of damage if you don't convert 100% of your damage into fire (which is then scaled by elemental and fire bonuses).

For a rare amulet, you can fill out missing stats and resists, get a high life roll and - if you can afford it - x-y phys damage to attacks or inc ele damage % to attacks.

Bleeding is useless with 100% ele conversion and Avatar of Fire. Just forget about it.

The only problem that makes me think if i should use Avatar of Fire it's the reflection on mobs and the HC factor, not sure how dangerous it can be with 100% conversion, i also would lose survivability from the build, so that wasen't a easy pick for me. Maybe i'll get into it at last levels, the damage it's enough for mapping right now.
"
The_Marked_7 wrote:
The only problem that makes me think if i should use Avatar of Fire it's the reflection on mobs and the HC factor, not sure how dangerous it can be with 100% conversion, i also would lose survivability from the build, so that wasen't a easy pick for me. Maybe i'll get into it at last levels, the damage it's enough for mapping right now.

For elemental reflect maps, just re-roll them and you will be fine.

I strongly recommend running Enfeeble + Blasphemy in HC.

An anti-freeze flask quick silver flask is very important too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info