[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 wrote:

Yes. Avatar of Fire skill tree + Impresence (Flammability version) + Watcher's Eye (Anger version) is a very good combo.

In terms of damage, Impresence will still lose out to Xoph's Blood but for folks that run the build using Avatar of Fire skill tree, they are very good combo to use.

So I was running the numbers on POB and Impresence + Avatar + Anger + Watcher's Eye should beat out Xoph pretty hard on mapping mobs(50-100k difference) and on bosses it should be much closer, but the Anger/Impresence combo should win against Xoph(somewhere around 20k-ish), this is on Cyclone, for molten burst the gap is still there. Xoph gives 20% more fire damage when ashe is applied but Watcher's eye gains up to 40% of physical damage as extra fire damage, so that's pretty big.

Also a lot of Xoph's damage is in its Ashe since we can get the avatar of fire from the tree at minimal cost. If you're dodging a majority of hits from a boss, you're probably better off going with Anger/watcher set up.

The only thing that Xoph has going for it is that it can bring Vaal lightningtrap. Anger/Watcher's eye I believe will need enlighten support gem due to its hefty 50% mana reserve cost on top of ash's 35%. However, if you can make it work it could be an alternative cost to buying Xoph's(100-200 c vs 450+c).
Last edited by Hitoseijuro on Dec 17, 2017, 1:59:21 AM
Any suggestions on which new abyss jewel that would be best to use?
Haven't gone through all 300+ pages yet, but this may have already been answered.

Is there a reason we aren't using Hatred over HoA or Ancestral Protector over Warchief? Both give bigger numbers in PoB (although I'm not sure how the overkill burn works for HoA and how that gets factored in).

Also, I don't have Xoph's yet, but managed to get my Bronn's 6L w/ 3r2b1g. Is conc/inc aoe better than ele focus when mapping? Will I be shocking enemies and even if so, will it be worth it? Seems crazy to give up 50% MORE dmg from focus with how shock works now
"
mwmorais wrote:
Haven't gone through all 300+ pages yet, but this may have already been answered.

Is there a reason we aren't using Hatred over HoA or Ancestral Protector over Warchief? Both give bigger numbers in PoB (although I'm not sure how the overkill burn works for HoA and how that gets factored in).

Also, I don't have Xoph's yet, but managed to get my Bronn's 6L w/ 3r2b1g. Is conc/inc aoe better than ele focus when mapping? Will I be shocking enemies and even if so, will it be worth it? Seems crazy to give up 50% MORE dmg from focus with how shock works now

If you have 2b on your links why wouldnt you use both? Elemental Focus + Conc/inc aoe
"
Hitoseijuro wrote:

If you have 2b on your links why wouldnt you use both? Elemental Focus + Conc/inc aoe

Phys to Lightning. I don't have Xoph's yet
"
mwmorais wrote:
"
Hitoseijuro wrote:

Phys to Lightning. I don't have Xoph's yet

Well if it helps, for Cyclone on a Xoph set up, Conc performs better than Elemental focus. Though most will use Inc Area Aoe. I personally always use Conc because lazy and things die anyways in my tornado.

As for the previous questions, I personal have always used Ancestral Protector over Warchief. Protector gives iAS which increases Cyclone's damage and also allows more hits per seconds for more procs(remember molten has a .15 cd per proc so iAS should have some form of diminishing returns)from molten burst(thus affect both in a manner), while warchief is melee dmg which only affects Cyclones damage and adds zero to molten. This is also why I go with lightning golem over fire golem.

As far as Hatred versus Herald of Ash. I honestly dont know. I know they are very close in damage. I would make an educated guess that the real reason is not damage but it's because Hatred has a 50% mana reserve while Herald of ash has only 35%. Some times its the little things that make a difference~
Last edited by Hitoseijuro on Dec 17, 2017, 5:55:52 AM
acuity build still works?

and how much crit chance (with elemental overloard) ill need to sustain the life leech from acuity?
Which gems should I prioritize getting to 20q?
Hello guys! I follow this sword cyclone build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V109InN8qW0 build in new league. I got only 31k dps in hideout. Can u give me some tips, please?
Right now i'm farming t11 primordial pool. Can go t13.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PaM3U/characters
"
CatBastet wrote:
Which gems should I prioritize getting to 20q?

Question was asked and answered at least 2 times the last 10 pages. Would be nice if some ppl would just read a bit and dont blew up this fred to 1000 pages, so no one will find the usefull pages anymore.

Dont want to be rude, just saying.

Thanks.
"Remember how A1 Merveil dropped 2 scrolls of wisdom and nothing else? That's how T15 bosses work.
If you were expecting a reward proportional to the difficulty and effort invested, you best take your ass back to a MMO."
casval776

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info