[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kaleir17 wrote:

HI man, thanks for the build. First time using cyclone and really enjoying it :)

I was lucky enough to drop that chest, do you think it's better than my 5l bronn?

And what should I look for the abyss jewels?

When it comes to damage, what @Supermerlion said could be the case because Bronn's Lithe provide lots of damage to Cyclone.

However, if you are running Cremation + Cast on Melee Kill, Shrouding of Lightless is a great chest for that. This is because Shrouding has Level 20 Elemental Penetration.

And if Fire Penetration gem stack with Elemental Penetration, it might just deal more damage than Bronn.

I believe POB is not updated to calculate this damage at the moment so I am not able to perform a comparison between the 2 chests.

Btw, is it possible for you to link your Shrouding in the thread so I can reference it and include it into the guide?

"
reed111 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I got the problem. I got 6L bronn, using currently setup for map farming ( with cremation ). Every Cyclone takes 36 mana and here is the problem. I have problem with mana on single target. When i have only one enemy i can't cycloning a lot because my mana is off. Also i'm using mana leech in my gloves but it's still not enough to fight with single mob. it's fine when i'm only killing map mobs.

any tips?

As your damage goes up, you shouldn't have mana leech issues. Looking at your skill tree, you can do this amendment for more mana leech:

Note: Mana leech on your gloves does not work because the build only deal fire damage.

"
eviL_Bison wrote:

After my own build failed horribly... I'll reroll something similar to this build.

Just more focued on Molten Strike & Molten Burst (Still with Cyclone)

And Ngamahu at the start of this league is not as pricey as I thought it would be. :)

"
errolvince20 wrote:
does this build or item build can be use as berserker?

Yes the gears will work on Berserker but skill tree will have some slight differences.

"
dperls wrote:
For abyssal jewels, do we have a mod rank?

Been trying to be on the lookout for flat life and phys damage/fire damage. I assume we should stay away from cold/lit even though we have 50% pen there.

Does phys to fire damage work or since it's all converted it doesnt?

Also - for those who are already geared, are you taking vaal pact? how is leech sustain with the slight slayer nerf?

Someone has raised this question before you. Guess I need to include that in the guide. :)

Priority will be:
- Flat life
- Flat physical damage
- % penetration if you have not kill recently
- Flat fire damage
- % increased damage against abyssal monsters

Vaal Pact is optional. I would suggest you to try playing the build without Vaal Pact first. You can take that up if you feel lacking in the leech area. It is just 2 skill points away.

"
xikorita wrote:
I am using a Tabula with the cremation build. I am looking for a 5L Bronn. Which gems should I use in it?

Btw even with the tabula and a 5 link ngamahu I managed to kill uber izaro (pc crashed before ascendancy though :/ ). I had to dodge the most damaging stuff and used a Basalt and Granite flask.

The gems setup is included in the guide. You can find it under Gems Section - 5/6L Chest.

Shrouding of Lightless is a great chest for Cremation setup.

The setup mentioned by @Anbokr is viable too:

"
Anbokr wrote:
I've been mapping with the cremation build and must say it's very satisfying.

I'm running: fire pen - ele focus - cyclone - cremation - cast on melee kill; so a bit different compared to the suggested -- figured this set up maximized damage a bit better on both cyclone and cremation.

"
Anbokr wrote:
I've been mapping with the cremation build and must say it's very satisfying.

I'm running: fire pen - ele focus - cyclone - cremation - cast on melee kill; so a bit different compared to the suggested -- figured this set up maximized damage a bit better on both cyclone and cremation.

It's a lot of fun, visually pleasing, and you can grab a writhing jar (worm flask) in order to proc cremation on bosses/ST.

edit: Has anyone given thought to that new Impresence neck that basically gives us flammability for free? Might be a good alternative or pre-Xoph's blood option since it essentially allows us to run another free aura -- tacking on haste or grace on top of HoA and Blasphemy - Flammability is pretty cool. The other stats on it are nice as well and it gives -10% damage to all mobs around you.

Consider running Cremation with Shrouding of Lightless. It comes with Level 20 Elemental Penetration. I would imagine Fire Penetration stacking with Elemental Penetration.

Impresence Onyx Amulet is definitely a great amulet for the build. I would say it is a perfect fit for those who do not have Xoph's Blood. Like you mentioned, it will open up a free slot for an additional aura (Enfeeble is great for this but you will need +1 curse boots or ring). You can even run Hatred.

Thanks for suggesting! If you have the amulet, I would appreciate if you can link it into the thread so that I can add it into the guide. :)

EDIT: I have included your Cremation + Cast on Melee Kill setup into the guide. You can find it under Gems Section - 5/6L Chest setup

Last edited by kira1414 on Dec 12, 2017, 12:36:13 PM
Having a lot of fun with the build so far !
But struggling a bit with resist.
With reflect damage rework, do you still feel we need
?

It's a decent dps boost, but I would prefer stacking life and resist here (even a bit of similar dps with ele dmg and/or atk speed). But I'm not sure about surviving reflect dmg without that one.
Did you try to play without it maps guys ? Thanks !
Thanks for the tips/guide kira; that chest definitely seems insane for the cremation setup but it's sooo expensive. Will be awhile before I obtain one lol; my buddy told me it stacks with fire pen but I have not been able to confirm myself.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
kaleir17 wrote:

HI man, thanks for the build. First time using cyclone and really enjoying it :)

I was lucky enough to drop that chest, do you think it's better than my 5l bronn?

And what should I look for the abyss jewels?

When it comes to damage, what @Supermerlion said could be the case because Bronn's Lithe provide lots of damage to Cyclone.

However, if you are running Cremation + Cast on Melee Kill, Shrouding of Lightless is a great chest for that. This is because Shrouding has Level 20 Elemental Penetration.

And if Fire Penetration gem stack with Elemental Penetration, it might just deal more damage than Bronn.

I believe POB is not updated to calculate this damage at the moment so I am not able to perform a comparison between the 2 chests.

Btw, is it possible for you to link your Shrouding in the thread so I can reference it and include it into the guide?

Ty i'll try it for fun (i've got also the unique abyss belt), i'd like to spam some uber labs too this season.

Here it is:

Edit
it's awesome:

Probably i'll try a more defensive setup, switching out the golem (have to resummon it every minute)
Last edited by kaleir17 on Dec 12, 2017, 6:24:50 PM
god damn am i jelly of you hoes with xoph's blood or shroud of the lightless already, 4 days into the league o_O
Hi

is this build viable with a marauder? I originally followed a different cyclone build for 2H marauder because I didn't want to pay over 40c (cheapest at that time) for ngamahus flame and wanted to do the achievments for the marauder

Today the axe dropped while mapping with a different char...

Is it possible to use my lvl 54 marauder (tree is pretty much identical to the tree in this build) or is the slayer ascendency too important for endgame?
"
Alio wrote:
?

It's a decent dps boost, but I would prefer stacking life and resist here (even a bit of similar dps with ele dmg and/or atk speed). But I'm not sure about surviving reflect dmg without that one.

I don't feel reduced reflect damage is needed at all anymore, playing a bit differently this league tree-wise, skipped Primeval Force and didn't run maps with Yugul and never had problems with reflect, as long as i keep moving it'll dodge the mortars automatically.

Should be hitting 91 soon, 218% hp atm at only 25k Cyclone dps (3 link!) and up to T14 maps, no AoF and using Vaal Pact, though i don't feel it's needed at all.
I might pick Avatar of Fire for now cause of the extra damage + easier to balance Int requirements, should be easier to push T15/T16 than take 10 minutes for a bosskill later on.

Arakaali(arachnoxia upgrade) + Ryslatha pantheon (gorulis upgrade)

Gear update: (need better jewels, flasks, better ring1 and xoph's blood ofc!)
Spoiler

"
Kuderion wrote:
Is it possible to use my lvl 54 marauder (tree is pretty much identical to the tree in this build) or is the slayer ascendency too important for endgame?

Yes, you can play this build as Slayer, Raider, Berserker, Ascendant, Pathfinder, up to you!
Last edited by Phosphenez on Dec 12, 2017, 6:35:35 PM
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"
Kurnis wrote:
Level 84 now. AMAZING build! Great work and thank you!

I have one question...Is Point Blank really that good? The projectiles from molten burst are extremely short range, which means you have to be practically on top of someone to get any bonus damage...and more often than not you'll be hitting something for less damage while spinning around like a madman.

I just don't see how it's a damage gain with such a short range spell. Molten burst seems to land practically right next to me.

To answer your question:

Yes Point Blank is that good. It does nothing for cyclone or the melee part of molten strike (if used), but the balls from Molten Burst and Molten Strike are counted as projectiles with a base range of 5-20 wich is the optimal distance for Point Blank.

This skill node is a no brainer in terms of damage.

I guess I'm still confused. How is 5-20 units optimal for Point blank? The "optimal distance" for point blank is as far as possible since the % more damage is based on the total distance of the skill, not just distance. For instance, any monster more than 10 units away is receiving LESS damage from molten burst than not taking the node at all.

If you look at a units map of poe, 10 units is not very far at all, and creatures are getting hit from molten burst at that range all the time.

edit: and since we use concentrated effect, doesn't this mean that the "effective range" is actually closer to under 7 units? that's really close...

I guess I'll take it and try it, but the math just doesn't seem like it's a "no brainer" to me, or very consistent.

p.s. not trying to be rude or anything, just looking for the best possible layout for this build, and thank you for any and all advice/criticism :)
Last edited by Kurnis on Dec 12, 2017, 5:32:26 PM
I'm almost lvl90 now with this builds in Abyss. It makes lots of fun to play this build!

There are just 2 things i don't understand yet.

1) I'm insta dying on elemental reflect maps. I cyclone into the mobs and am dead. How do i prevent that? I thought elemental reflect is not an issue anymore?
2) When do you activate Vaal lightning trap and enduring cry? Since you have to stop cyclone for them, i find myself never using them :o
"
Alio wrote:
?

Sybil's Lament is no longer required if you are running maps that do not roll Elemental Reflect mod on it.

This is because of the 3.1 changes to single elemental reflect rare mods in regular maps now does a projectile attack. However, elemental reflect map mod still works the same as before.

"
Anbokr wrote:
Thanks for the tips/guide kira; that chest definitely seems insane for the cremation setup but it's sooo expensive. Will be awhile before I obtain one lol; my buddy told me it stacks with fire pen but I have not been able to confirm myself.

I would believe they stack too because GGG is rather literal when it comes to wording (Elemental penetration and fire penetration are two different wording).

"
kaleir17 wrote:

it's awesome:

Probably i'll try a more defensive setup, switching out the golem (have to resummon it every minute)

Very nice chest you have over there. Thanks for the linking!. :)

"
Kurnis wrote:

I guess I'm still confused. How is 5-20 units optimal for Point blank? The "optimal distance" for point blank is as far as possible since the % more damage is based on the total distance of the skill, not just distance. For instance, any monster more than 10 units away is receiving LESS damage from molten burst than not taking the node at all.

If you look at a units map of poe, 10 units is not very far at all, and creatures are getting hit from molten burst at that range all the time.

edit: and since we use concentrated effect, doesn't this mean that the "effective range" is actually closer to under 7 units? that's really close...

I guess I'll take it and try it, but the math just doesn't seem like it's a "no brainer" to me, or very consistent.

p.s. not trying to be rude or anything, just looking for the best possible layout for this build, and thank you for any and all advice/criticism :)

Can see that you are certainly confused there. :)

Point Blank:
"
is a keystone passive skill that scales the damage of projectile attacks with respect to the distance the projectile has traveled, dealing more damage initially then much less damage after covering a long distance.

From above, you can see that your understanding of Point Blank is reversed. Point Blank does more damage when projectiles are closer to you and they deal less damage when they are further away from you. This is why Point Blank is perfect for Molten Burst as the balls will always land near you, enabling them to deal 50% more damage.

You can take a look at this:

"
shokilicious wrote:
I'm almost lvl90 now with this builds in Abyss. It makes lots of fun to play this build!

There are just 2 things i don't understand yet.

1) I'm insta dying on elemental reflect maps. I cyclone into the mobs and am dead. How do i prevent that? I thought elemental reflect is not an issue anymore?
2) When do you activate Vaal lightning trap and enduring cry? Since you have to stop cyclone for them, i find myself never using them :o

Ans 1: Elemental reflect map mod still works as before. The changes to reflect is on single elemental reflect mod in regular maps. Re-roll elemental reflect when it shows up on your map.

Ans 2: You use Vaal Lightning trap on boss. It will apply shock on them and you can take them down faster.

You cast Enduring Cry just right before you engage a pack of mobs. It is especially useful when you are fighting Porcupines mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info