[3.10] Terminus Est Flicker Slayer 6k HP / 4k Leech/s / 3mio DPS / Budget / Leaguestarter

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

Do we know tiger swords are getting flat accuracy instead of percent accuracy? And you definitely don't need acuity to hit 85% hit chance, but it does give you a good amount of hit chance (thus more crit) and a decent bit of attack speed, though the dps gains depends on how much flat accuracy you have on your gear to scale. I feel like life will be super important to have as it also affects how much you can leech, not to mention less chance of getting one shot, so I don't think I'd drop any life nodes.

In case you're interested, I've been tinkering around with the build in Path of Building (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360). Copy paste this code http://pastebin.com/mPRY7zeW into the import/export build section of the program. It has some overtuned gear in it to show top dps lvls, probably not the most realistic, but it's helpful to optimize the build. Keep in mind I switch out melee splash for added fire when calculating boss dps.

Nice, thx for that. Was planning on doing that tomorrow myself. But I have two points where my experience from last league might help.

Merc Bandits: Take the Power Charge (I think most builds on this forum take Power Charge too). It will really help with DPS, crit and therefore Frenzy generation. And you won't notice a difference between one Frenzy Charge more or less at that point. With that much crit you generate them faster than Flicker Strike is even able to spend them I think.

And I don't know if you were here for that discussion earlier in the thread. You have Atziris Acuity equipped in Path of Building but still Headsman instead of Impact allocated. Acuity enables us to not need the 50% less reflect damage and to take Added Fire instead of Melee Splash even for normal clearing. As you have already put Added Fire in for single target I guess the DPS shown stays the same though^^

But yea, will of course start with Headsman too until I get Acuity.

EDIT: And for the question about accuracy:

"
Many one-handed and two-handed swords now grant additional flat accuracy as their implicit mod, replacing percentage increases to accuracy. Existing copies of these swords will not be updated.

I take that to mean yes. They say "many" and not "all" because there are swords that have ather implicits at the moment. I understand it as "If your sword has % accuracy at the moment, it will get flat accuracy."

Hmm fair enough on the power charge point. One thing I'm worried about with the impact node is that you're only getting 30% more aoe along with the base melee splash radius, while with melee splash you'll get 70% aoe at 20/20 plus the aoe damage will be higher. I also don't think regular map clearing will need the dps from added fire, and headsman adds a lot of dps anyways considering the dps modifier for killing mobs + more aoe will further clear speed.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Mar 2, 2017, 3:37:05 PM
"
an1drag0n wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

Do we know tiger swords are getting flat accuracy instead of percent accuracy? And you definitely don't need acuity to hit 85% hit chance, but it does give you a good amount of hit chance (thus more crit) and a decent bit of attack speed, though the dps gains depends on how much flat accuracy you have on your gear to scale. I feel like life will be super important to have as it also affects how much you can leech, not to mention less chance of getting one shot, so I don't think I'd drop any life nodes.

In case you're interested, I've been tinkering around with the build in Path of Building (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360). Copy paste this code http://pastebin.com/mPRY7zeW into the import/export build section of the program. It has some overtuned gear in it to show top dps lvls, probably not the most realistic, but it's helpful to optimize the build. Keep in mind I switch out melee splash for added fire when calculating boss dps.

Nice, thx for that. Was planning on doing that tomorrow myself. But I have two points where my experience from last league might help.

Merc Bandits: Take the Power Charge (I think most builds on this forum take Power Charge too). It will really help with DPS, crit and therefore Frenzy generation. And you won't notice a difference between one Frenzy Charge more or less at that point. With that much crit you generate them faster than Flicker Strike is even able to spend them I think.

And I don't know if you were here for that discussion earlier in the thread. You have Atziris Acuity equipped in Path of Building but still Headsman instead of Impact allocated. Acuity enables us to not need the 50% less reflect damage and to take Added Fire instead of Melee Splash even for normal clearing. As you have already put Added Fire in for single target I guess the DPS shown stays the same though^^

But yea, will of course start with Headsman too until I get Acuity.

EDIT: And for the question about accuracy:

"
Many one-handed and two-handed swords now grant additional flat accuracy as their implicit mod, replacing percentage increases to accuracy. Existing copies of these swords will not be updated.

I take that to mean yes. They say "many" and not "all" because there are swords that have ather implicits at the moment. I understand it as "If your sword has % accuracy at the moment, it will get flat accuracy."

Hmm fair enough on the power charge point. One thing I'm worried about with the impact node is that you're only getting 30% more aoe along with the base melee splash radius, while with melee splash you'll get 60% aoe at lvl 20 plus the aoe damage will be higher. I also don't think regular map clearing will need the dps from added fire, and headsman adds a lot of dps anyways considering the dps modifier for killing mobs + more aoe will further clear speed.

Yea, that "more multiplier" is easily forgotten xD That's a valid point. But I can also say that I noticed no difference in the splash when I changed from Headsman to Impact.

But this is a different build than my Dagger/Slayer of last season. This might actually be viable for boss killing because of the Frenzy on crit, something I never took into account. So I guess you are right, keeping Headsman and switching gems for single target would result in much better damage. Provided of course the damage with the Melee Splash gem is enough to nicely clear T16 maps.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 3:43:01 PM
I'm thinking viper strike could be a nice swap in for atziri attempts, using the viper strike jewel for unholy might as well.
Holy shit.. that buffs... will update the guide/build on stream tonight // before league starts.

If you want to join the "discussion" on my stream you are all welcome... its to much to read all the comments atm.

"
FuRi0s wrote:
Holy shit.. that buffs... will update the guide/build on stream tonight // before league starts.

If you want to join the "discussion" on my stream you are all welcome... its to much to read all the comments atm.

But do it when you got the time, we had some pretty constructive and complex discussions I think^^

But lets all stop hyping Terminus Est now. Will be expensive enough as it is I think xD

I am actually hoping they release the threshold jewels they havent shown yet before league starts, might make some people not play Terminus Est Flicker.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 2, 2017, 4:02:32 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
FuRi0s wrote:

But do it when you got the time, we had some pretty constructive and complex discussions I think^^

But lets all stop hyping Terminus Est now. Will be expensive enough as it is I think xD

I am actually hoping they release the threshold jewels they havent shown yet before league starts, might make some people not play Terminus Est Flicker.

What if they release a flicker strike threshold gem :O
"
an1drag0n wrote:

What if they release a flicker strike threshold gem :O

Hehe, something like "If you have at least 40 dexterity in radius, flicker have 50% chance to not consume frenzy charge"
"
TemptedNZ wrote:
Man, you must be so erect right now after patch notes.

Hell yeah. :D

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Cons:
-low damage compared to other flickers (~400k dps),

Well, I guess that number will go up a little bit now ;)

Planning to roll Flicker Strike as my first character. Have been playing Slayer Dagger/Shield Flicker Strike for a while and of course it is much better than Two-Handed versions. But also much more expensive. (Something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1759669/page/1 )

I will go for a Terminus Est version for Legacy and was wondering if people with a bit more experience have some advice. I am not sure what would be better, Slayer or Assassin. Also, all other advice is much appreciated.

DPS gone up to ~900k w/o changing to much in the tree, pretty nice.

I just prefere the permanend flicking at bosses and you are less vulnerable to cannot die totems/blind etc.

I will edit something in the first post so you can choose your ascendancy yourself.

"
Mecielle wrote:

I just realized, this build suggests to take "Impact" instead of "Headsman". The Dagger/Shield Flicker Striker I linked above was unplayable without the 50% reflected damage reduction from Headsman. I died every map to some random reflect Elite. Is that not a big deal in this build? Maybe because OP uses Phys to Lightning?

I should mention, I did not use Atziris Acuity, so no instant leech. And it will be a long time until I will have enough currency for them in the new league. So maybe go Headsman until we have them?

You won't need headsman if you split your damage between phys and elemental damage. Against reflect rares just pot against them if you dont got atziri gloves.. thats what i did before the buff.. i will see if it still works.

"
an1drag0n wrote:
"

EDIT: I'm thinking slayer, while worse dps wise, is the better option due to survivability/cost effectiveness. I personally don't think the impact node is worth it, I'd rather the leech and headsman. It also gives you the option to switch out melee splash for big bosses. DPS is around 1.2m on bosses with shock, which is pretty solid. This is with defensive options to get 6.3k life. Mobs you'll hit 1.1m dps, which i'd say is more than enough.

The switch out is an option but you need to be carefull with the manacost .. not sure if you can flick a singleboss then.

You are still wearing abyssus? If yes, 6.3k life won't be enought to tank for example phoenix area attack (not explosion).

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Kostyan1996 wrote:
Gear is kinda questional for me:
Why Atziri's Acuity if Maligaro's Virtuosity is 50% inc crit and you need just 4 points for Vaal Pact?
Also, why The Red Trail if Darkray Vectors give far more superior bonuses?

Acuity is SO much better than maligaros + Vaal Pact... Ever tried using Blood Rage with Vaal Pact? It is a miserable playstyle without life regen... Sadly the price of Acuity represents that fact :( Until I can afford them I am seeing two options:

1. Take Vaal Pact and not use Blood Rage, losing Attack Speed, life leech and a second source of Frenzy Charges. Using Maligaros.

2. Take Headsman instead of Impact, hoping that is enough to negate the reflects without instant leech and run Blood Rage and use Maligaros too.

Any input on which of those two options is superior is appreciated ;)

The Red Trail are only recced in the second version. There for their 10% additional Physical Damage Reduction while stationary. Flicker Strike is a stationary skill, so it helps with negating the negative effect of Abyssus if you do not want to use Lightning Coil. I would reccommend version A anyway, Abyssus without Lightning Coil is never a good idea.

I am also really hoping Legacy Lightning Coil will make a comeback xD

Edit: Also the 3 sword clusters compiled into one are a not as good as I expected...

Same opinion about items.

In my opinion you dont need instant leech as slayer because you got 35% leech per second and if you get hit/hit an reflect mob just hit the instant life flask and make sure your utility flasks are up.

Gonna update the first post for the tree i will run and i will post the other tree's as path of building links.
Last edited by FuRi0s on Mar 2, 2017, 9:57:04 PM
With all this talk about dropping Impact and the leech not being enough against reflect without Vaal Pact, is Slayer really the best Ascendancy?

Was thinking about trying it with Berserker + Vaal Pact. You get a lot of extra damage from the Ascendancy, and Vaal Pact + Cloaked in Savagery looks to make you unkillable except from one shots or CC locks.
"
endoscient wrote:
With all this talk about dropping Impact and the leech not being enough against reflect without Vaal Pact, is Slayer really the best Ascendancy?

Was thinking about trying it with Berserker + Vaal Pact. You get a lot of extra damage from the Ascendancy, and Vaal Pact + Cloaked in Savagery looks to make you unkillable except from one shots or CC locks.

That's a good point actually, acuity would still be better than vaal pact for the point save + blood rage but it would be a good option until you can afford acuity. Since dropping abyssus is probably the best route taking a savage hit with belly and sufficient life nodes hopefully won't be a oneshot. Threw it into path of building and it looks promising. Argh, too many options!

EDIT: you can go kaom's roots for stun immune + the crazy hp, and the sockets aren't totally necessary anyways, nor is ms.

EDIT 2: Potential big issue will be that you'll only start leeching after taking the hit, which vs reflect means death. You will have some leech from other sources for on-hit, which might be enough, but I'm not sure. Would require testing.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Mar 3, 2017, 1:16:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info