[2.5] CI Meatball Blender! Cyclone AoF Pathfinder! Ngamahu's Flame

This is another Ngamahu’s Flame build. Etup is currently running it on his character SauceMyBalls. I’ve been running this as Pathfinder CI. I know a lot people are going raider but I enjoy CI/Flasks and the two go well together with Pathfinder. The extra HP from CI/Vaal Disc is something I don’t think life can compete with. That being said Raider is also really fun with a million frenzy charges and does more damage at the cost of an HP buffer.

You can get to 12k-14k ES, not including Vaal Discipline with this build.

How this build works:
Ngamahu’s Flame converts 50% of our physical damage to fire damage, penetrates 20% fire res and has a 20% chance to attack with molten burst on melee hit. The combination of Cyclone with the molten burst allow this build to do quite a bit of damage and do it after you have left the area you cycloned. Ngamahu’s Flame also allows us to only socket support gems in the weapon and put our cyclone and its support in the chest. Essentially the supports in the weapon affect the damage of the molten burst. We DO NOT NEED to 6L the weapon, just 6 socket.

We also use Xoph’s Blood to convert the remaining 50% of phys damage (and other sources) to fire damage. It also gives us another 10% penetration.

Passive Trees:

Notable Passives:
Spoiler

Chaos Innoculation
- Makes us Immune to Chaos Damage and reduced HP to 1. All ES all thje way.

Ghost Reaver
- Life Leech applies to ES instead of Life. Great with CI

Vaal Pact
- Life Leech applies instantly but life regen becomes useless. This allows us to leech ES instantly. It does not affect ES recharge. Win/Win

Elemental Overload
40% more damage if you have not crit in the past 8 seconds. No crit strike multi. Gives us more consistent damage and can ignite with molten burst more often.

Pathfinder Asscendancies
Spoiler

Nature’s Boon
- On the way to master alchmeist and allows us to take less damage and use less charges.

Master Alchemist
- Allows us to not elemental status ailment flasks
- Gives us damage and a chance to cause status ailments while using flasks

Veteran Bowyer
- Gives us 10% of phys damage as an elemental damage (converts to fire if it is not fire)
- Gives us more fire pen
Killing enemies that are affected by elemental status ailments gives us double the flask charges

Nature’s Adrenaline
- Move speed and attack speed while using a flask. So good.

Gear on Breach
Spoiler

Gear on Standard:
Spoiler

Discussion on Gear Choices:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Spoiler

Build Enabling. It does not work without it. It is the "meatball" enabler.

You do not need to 6 link, only 6 socket it. Only put supports in.

Amulet:
Spoiler

Another item we need to make this build work.

Chest:
Spoiler

Any High ES chest with res will work. I crafted this myself using alts, augments, regals and exalts.

Boots:
Spoiler

Skyforth is BiS but not required. It allows us to get some charges and keep ele overload up. It also lets us not use Kiara's Determination. Without Skyforth or Kiara, you will be stunned to oblivion.

Rare boots are fine and will give more ES/Res but will require Kiara's. It is not a big dps loss to rum rare boots.

Gloves:
Spoiler

You want to get High ES gloves with high res. Accuracy, Attack speed or phys damage is a plus.

Helm:
Spoiler

High ES, high res helm. You want the cyclone attack speed enchant

Belt:
Spoiler

Headhunter is in no way required. It is just a really fun item that makes mapping faster and more fun. It helps with the strength requirement as well.

Rare belt is still a good choice and will allow you to get res easier. More res on your belt means you can use weaker rings that you craft with essences to get %fire damage.

Rings:
Spoiler

Opal rings crafted with an essence that gives %fire damage is BIS. It is a huge damage boost. Other than that get what you need on your base.

+ES, %ES, Res, Phys Damage to Attacks, %fire Damage, %WED are all things you want.

Flasks:
Spoiler

If you are running rare boots. You need to buy a Kiara's Determination. You don't want to get stunned 24/7.

Dying Sun is amazing with this build. 2 additional projectiles means more meatballs and you also get an added bonus of 30% increased aoe.

Taste of Hate is amazing. Adds damage and reduces the damage you take. Not required.

Vinktars is required and helps with shocking/getting flsask charges due to the status ailment it applies. You want the added damage to attacks variant.

Quicksilver flask that double rolls movespeed and increased duration is amazing.

Basalt is great for mitigation and you need a bleed remove.

You will want a flask of warding. I don't have one above but am rolling one shortly.

Jewels:
Spoiler

You will want an energy from within jewel near Melding

The following stats are what you are looking for:
- Attack Speed with Axes
- Attack Speed with Two handed melee
- Attack speed
- Attack and Cast speed (only care about the attack speed)
- Physical Damage
- Physical Damage with two handed melee
- Physical Damage with Axes
- Damage
- Area Damage
- Fire Damage
- % increased ES
- Resistances if needed
- Main stats if needed

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Weapon 6-Socket (6L NOT NEEDED)
- Physical Projectile Attack Damage
- Greater Multiple Projectiles
- Added Fire Damage
- Weapon Elemental Damage
- Elemental Focus
- Concentrated Effect

Chest
- Cyclone
- Weapon Elemental Damage
- Melee Phys
- Elemental Focus
- Inc Aoe for trash/Conc Effect for bosses
- Melee Damage on Full Life

Helm
- Discipline
- Grace
- Herald of Ash
- Enlighten

Gloves
- Leap Slam
- Vaal Haste
- Vaal Disc
- Increased Duration

Boots
- CWDT
- Enfeeble
- Immortal Call
- Increased Duration/Summon Lightning Golem

Auras/Curses:
Spoiler

Discipline
- Obvious choice as we are CI. Not much else to be said

Herald of Ash
- More damage from adding fire damage as a percentage of phys damage. Baseline increases fire damage and ignites based off overkill damage.

Enfeeble CWDT
- We want to stay safe and be able to tank the big hits.

Grace
- If you want to run Grace, you can put enfeeble on CWDT, which I highly recommend.

If you do not want to run Grace and want more damage, go for flammability or ele weakness.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal - Point
Cruel - Point
Merciless - Point

Videos (more to be added)

For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jan 24, 2017, 4:27:51 PM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 1:57:55 PM
Reserved
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Reserved
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Nice build
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 14, 2017, 8:24:02 PM
"
MFJones wrote:
Nice build

Credit to Etup.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
thanks for posting a better guide for it
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
thanks for posting a better guide for it

Oops! Was there already a guide for it? I searched but couldn't find one!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Looks like a really interesting build.

I was considering doing a build similar to Mathil's Raider Cycloner, but a pathfinder with lightning coil (providing near physical immunity). https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBS0HdQguCZYJuw2NDjwRgRQgFE0UcRR1GJEZjiFVIq8j0yP2JJ0nICz7LlMwcTB3MHwyfjfUOFM5DjpCOlI9_ECgQzFEDUd-SdVKfUt4TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1b6WGNZ_luvXhNfP2FSYlpjp2RSZU1oZW8ndO12rHbneu982X11ggeE2YTvhVKGYIdqh3aKIozPjX2Nv49gkGyXeZpqm42jiqTCqSeplK2NvJ-9Nr6nwKbBo8jwz37Tb9N-1CPZYdl82sHcPd1G3ajiYeOf5FHqGOsJ7T_tg-4O7w7vTu9682_z3fZI9zL46_xL_MX-ug==
There may be some inefficiencies.

The benefits I see to the life version of this build are:
greater access to damage nodes,
far greater physical resistance,
acrobatics and phase acrobatics,
cheaper and more reliable (due to stun and various other mechanics).

And of course the disadvantage is:
less than half the life pool (who could have thought?),
and no vaal pact.

Things like Atziri's Step, and the Green Nightmare could be considered.

The ES version probably is superior in terms of defense (against Ele/Chaos but not Phys) but considering the related benefits I might consider the life version IDK.
"
Relytz wrote:
Looks like a really interesting build.

I was considering doing a build similar to Mathil's Raider Cycloner, but a pathfinder with lightning coil (providing near physical immunity). https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBS0HdQguCZYJuw2NDjwRgRQgFE0UcRR1GJEZjiFVIq8j0yP2JJ0nICz7LlMwcTB3MHwyfjfUOFM5DjpCOlI9_ECgQzFEDUd-SdVKfUt4TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1b6WGNZ_luvXhNfP2FSYlpjp2RSZU1oZW8ndO12rHbneu982X11ggeE2YTvhVKGYIdqh3aKIozPjX2Nv49gkGyXeZpqm42jiqTCqSeplK2NvJ-9Nr6nwKbBo8jwz37Tb9N-1CPZYdl82sHcPd1G3ajiYeOf5FHqGOsJ7T_tg-4O7w7vTu9682_z3fZI9zL46_xL_MX-ug==
There may be some inefficiencies.

The benefits I see to the life version of this build are:
greater access to damage nodes,
far greater physical resistance,
acrobatics and phase acrobatics,
cheaper and more reliable (due to stun and various other mechanics).

And of course the disadvantage is:
less than half the life pool (who could have thought?),
and no vaal pact.

Things like Atziri's Step, and the Green Nightmare could be considered.

The ES version probably is superior in terms of defense (against Ele/Chaos but not Phys) but considering the related benefits I might consider the life version IDK.

I think it is entirely up to how you want to play. I prefer flask spam playstyle. You still get a ton of movespeed and not worrying about ele status ailments is nice.

As you said above CI is likely safer on big hits while a bit slower on clear speed. I prefer CI Pathfinder because it is already pretty fast, just not AS fast.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
That being said Raider is also really fun with a million frenzy charges and does more damage at the cost of an HP buffer.

[Citation Needed]

This totally depends on jewels, gear, skill tree, etc. I'm running Etup's build now with some passive tree improvements to get 2 more jewel slots. And compared to other videos on Youtube of the Raider variant, their damage is underwhelming to say the least
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 16, 2017, 9:08:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info