[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
"
Matematikas wrote:
I thought, that you just want to get those fancy few +max resistances from purities, but if it's just to cover your resistances, then Purity of elements saves you enough gem slots, to get a cwdt somewhere

Yeah that was the plan initially, but oh well, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the normal cap.

Also, I've put my char to the SRS dmg calculator, and here's what I got with level 19 gems, standard links, comparing between Elemental Focus & Culling Strike, 8 auras for bow and 7+Envy for UiD (all generosity and aura nodes effect included), no minion damage from jewels :

Spoiler

Bow [SRS-Minion Dmg.-MPD-Melee Splash-Empower3-Culling Strike]:
Damage Per Skull : 896,263.3
Skull DPS : 81,478.5
Real DPS : 1,629,569.7

Bow [SRS-Minion Dmg.-MPD-Melee Splash-Empower3-Ele. Focus]:
Damage Per Skull : 1,161,153.2
Skull DPS : 105,559.4
Real DPS : 2,111,187.7

UiD [SRS-Minion Dmg.-MPD-Melee Splash-Empower3-Culling Strike]:
Damage Per Skull : 678,742.7
Skull DPS : 61,703.9
Real DPS : 1,234,077.5

UiD [SRS-Minion Dmg.-MPD-Melee Splash-Empower3-Ele. Focus]:
Damage Per Skull : 884,061.9
Skull DPS : 80,369.3
Real DPS : 1,607,385.2

Also got quite significant difference between Multistrike vs Added Fire as in Multistrike has significantly higher DPS (around 12% more damage or so). Is there any reason why we should use Added Fire instead?

It seems like you're going for a pure DPS build and in that I can't really offer any suggestion. I'll have to let Tahreyn and the other frequent posters comment on a DPS build.

"
m4rilyn wrote:
Hey been having lots of fun with this build currently :D However I seem to be dying quite alot whenever I pop breaches. I am still optimizing gear right now and I am looking towards getting a presence of chayula or a shav's revelation

Can anyone guide me to which I should prioritize first? I notice the guide recommends getting a 6-link shavs first but it seems way to far away to reach compared to the other two. Thanks!

Current Gear:
Spoiler

1) Your Praxis ring is providing zero to the build. It should be swapped out for a rare +ES and resist ring.
2) Your 350 shield can be upgraded to provide more ES fairly easily.
3) I see that you only have 2 jewel slots open. Your next few passives should probably go to unlocking some more jewel slots. 8% max ES is a great first mod, but you can also go for minion damage, resists, or attributes ---- whatever you need.

Again, like I say for everyone in this thread - you don't have level 20 gems yet, and then obviously you don't have 20/20 gems yet. You should keep playing and get every gem to 20/20, especially those in your chest. That will provide a huge damage increase and some survivability when you consider what the damage does for your clear speed.

As for your question -- a 6L shavs is, in my eyes, #2 on your priority list. #1 is presence of chayula - it will give you a big ES boost. Then get the 6L (or UiD).
Last edited by ryansider on Apr 1, 2017, 4:23:20 AM
"
"
Matematikas wrote:
I thought, that you just want to get those fancy few +max resistances from purities, but if it's just to cover your resistances, then Purity of elements saves you enough gem slots, to get a cwdt somewhere

Yeah that was the plan initially, but oh well, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the normal cap.

But it should be possible, maybe just with chaos dmg setup. My friend did last league other version of this build, i think author is leonidsun, somewhere mentioned in this build too. As i can remember he ran few purities for those fancy resists, but used 2x lvl 4 enlighten too :D

Ok i found his profile (character is lvl 100 necromancer in standard, shield has been changed from ES shield):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sunleonid/characters
Gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXglKL_WXY
Last edited by Matematikas on Apr 1, 2017, 4:35:53 AM
"
ryansider wrote:
It seems like you're going for a pure DPS build and in that I can't really offer any suggestion. I'll have to let Tahreyn and the other frequent posters comment on a DPS build.

Sorta. A friend of mine's playing the bow version as well, though he has far more currencies than I do. From what I've seen, he has around 220% faster ES recharge start and close to 10k ES, which is imo more than enough for an SRS build. And as bow, with min-maxed gear and 21 gems, he has almost doubling the DPS that an UiD setup has (around 3mil or so). This is what prompted me to pick bow instead of UiD, considering the huge DPS difference and arguably the same degree of survivability (and bow can be better in certain circumstances), I see no reason to play the UiD version outside of the niche factor.

I just like to know why people prefer Added Fire over Multistrike. I'm not that experienced in SRS, so I mostly refer to the advice people give in this thread, including yours.

"
Matematikas wrote:
"
"
Matematikas wrote:

But it should be possible, maybe just with chaos dmg setup. My friend did last league other version of this build, i think author is leonidsun, somewhere mentioned in this build too. As i can remember he ran few purities for those fancy resists, but used 2x lvl 4 enlighten too :D

Ok i found his profile (character is lvl 100 necromancer in standard, shield has been changed from ES shield):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sunleonid/characters
Gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXglKL_WXY

Yeah that's good reference Thanks! I could probably do the same setup by dropping some damage auras, we'll see.
"
"
m4rilyn wrote:
Hey been having lots of fun with this build currently :D However I seem to be dying quite alot whenever I pop breaches. I am still optimizing gear right now and I am looking towards getting a presence of chayula or a shav's revelation

Can anyone guide me to which I should prioritize first? I notice the guide recommends getting a 6-link shavs first but it seems way to far away to reach compared to the other two. Thanks!

Current Gear:
Spoiler

1) Your Praxis ring is providing zero to the build. It should be swapped out for a rare +ES and resist ring.
2) Your 350 shield can be upgraded to provide more ES fairly easily.
3) I see that you only have 2 jewel slots open. Your next few passives should probably go to unlocking some more jewel slots. 8% max ES is a great first mod, but you can also go for minion damage, resists, or attributes ---- whatever you need.

Again, like I say for everyone in this thread - you don't have level 20 gems yet, and then obviously you don't have 20/20 gems yet. You should keep playing and get every gem to 20/20, especially those in your chest. That will provide a huge damage increase and some survivability when you consider what the damage does for your clear speed.

As for your question -- a 6L shavs is, in my eyes, #2 on your priority list. #1 is presence of chayula - it will give you a big ES boost. Then get the 6L (or UiD).

Hi thanks for the response mate! Will take your advice. Just wondering, should i I go for the jewel sockets first as you mentioned, or will the Essence Surge nodes be better?
Last edited by m4rilyn on Apr 1, 2017, 5:51:22 AM
"
"
ryansider wrote:

Sorta. A friend of mine's playing the bow version as well, though he has far more currencies than I do. From what I've seen, he has around 220% faster ES recharge start and close to 10k ES, which is imo more than enough for an SRS build. And as bow, with min-maxed gear and 21 gems, he has almost doubling the DPS that an UiD setup has (around 3mil or so). This is what prompted me to pick bow instead of UiD, considering the huge DPS difference and arguably the same degree of survivability (and bow can be better in certain circumstances), I see no reason to play the UiD version outside of the niche factor.

I just like to know why people prefer Added Fire over Multistrike. I'm not that experienced in SRS, so I mostly refer to the advice people give in this thread, including yours.

Added Fire is usually recommended over Multistrike for two reasons. If the mobs/boss is moving then one or two of the attacks may miss, resulting in a 1/3 to 2/3 loss of damage, and it has a hefty mana multiplier. I've also stated a few times that it is up to personal preference depending on how you experience the "target lock" of multistrike, if it's worth it or not. For certain fights where the target isn't moving much then multistrike will be the stronger one, as it has the highest increase if you look at the dmg numbers.

So I made some calculations with the spread sheet. All figures are with 20/20 gems, except SRS and empower that are lvl 21 and lvl 4. Increased Minion Damage with the bow setup is set to 195% and 235% with the UID setup.

+3 bow setup (9 auras):
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Melee Splash = 2828715
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Multistrike = 3904475
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Added Fire = 3471359
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Culling Strike = 3473056

+3 bow setup (8 auras):
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Melee Splash = 2655286
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Multistrike = 3667273
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Added Fire = 3259775
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Culling Strike = 3271960

UID setup (8 auras including Envy):
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Melee Splash = 2924231
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Multistrike = 3785076
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Added Fire = 3383626

SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Empower (4) + Culling Strike = 3568981

SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Culling Strike + Melee Splash = 2963009
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Culling Strike + Multistrike = 3851013
SRS (21) + Minon Damage + MPD + Elemental Focus + Culling Strike + Added Fire = 3390834

The 9 aura bow setup has the highest numbers with a small margin, but in general I think the UiD has more damage due to that it is partly based on Chaos and Poison damage. For fights where the boss is poison immune the bow setup is the clear winner.

As of right now there isn't too much of a incentive to chose the +3 bow setup over the UiD + Shield. The damage is about the same while you'll loose out of shield charge and the extra ES + block. For a newer player who doesn't have that much currency to invest I'd also think it is easier to get a manageable ES pool with the 1h+shield setup. In 3.0. with the removal of double dipping the bow setup will most likely have a clear lead in damage, and thus it should be more desirable to chose that setup then.

"
m4rilyn wrote:

Hi thanks for the response mate! Will take your advice. Just wondering, should i I go for the jewel sockets first as you mentioned, or will the Essence Surge nodes be better?

Unless you have good jewels at hand already then I'd start with the Essence Surge cluster.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
Tahreyn wrote:
~awesome stuff~

Mine has different numbers for some reason, although the conclusion are relatively the same. I'm using the calculations by gahddo with the new information GGG provided for the 2.6 minion update. So with these stats :

130% increased effect of auras
120% increased duration
20% increased minion attack speed

---

UiD setup with
220% increased minion damage
Hatred, Wrath, Anger, Haste, 15 Envy, +3 additional auras, inc. Poison Stacking :

21/20 SRS + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Empower 4 + Elemental Focus
Damage/skull/duration = 1220047.8
DPS/skull = 110913.4
Real DPS = 2218268.8 (2829408.2 w/ Poison)

21/20 SRS + Added Fire Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Empower 4 + Elemental Focus
Damage/skull/duration = 1454329.1
DPS/skull = 132211.7
Real DPS = 2644234.8 (3255374.2 w/ Poison)

21/20 SRS + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Empower 4 + Elemental Focus
Damage/skull/duration = 1659446.2
DPS/skull = 150858.7
Real DPS = 2802900.1 (3848415.4 w/ Poison)

---

+3 Bow setup with
180% increased minion damage
Hatred, Wrath, Anger, Haste, +5 additional auras, Support Gems level 21 (from bow) :

24/20 SRS + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Empower 5 + Elemental Focus
Damage/skull/duration = 1675857.2
DPS/skull = 152350.7
Real DPS = 3047013.2

24/20 SRS + Added Fire Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Empower 5 + Elemental Focus
Damage/skull/duration = 2031374.6
DPS/skull = 184670.4
Real DPS = 3693408.3

24/20 SRS + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Empower 5 + Elemental Focus
Damage/skull/duration = 2287961.1
DPS/skull = 207996.5
Real DPS = 4159929.3

The bow still win even when we put poison stacking into the equation, though the difference is pretty minimal, so you're right about that (around 3-5% difference in total). That's assuming the target is stationary so the full army of SRS'es keeps hitting the same target over and over again and getting the full value of poison stacking (slow/stationary bosses), if that's the case then I do agree that UiD setup can come close to bow. But for targets which doesn't allow for the SRS to keep hitting them constantly, so realistically an SRS can only apply one or two stacks of poison for every 2s of the duration if not less, the DPS difference is quite huge (around 25-31% more damage), and these are putting into account the poison double dipping with UiD.

Thank you for putting the effort to recalculate the numbers, I might try out MS vs Added Fire to see for myself.

PS: Regardless, I'd be switching to UiD setup probably soonish anyway, since it's better for party play.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 1, 2017, 2:43:16 PM
This whole time I have been running Whirling Blades instead of Sheild Charge. Is there a reason to switch to Shield Charge or is it just a matter of user preference?
...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...
"
ride1226 wrote:
This whole time I have been running Whirling Blades instead of Sheild Charge. Is there a reason to switch to Shield Charge or is it just a matter of user preference?

I'm fairly sure it's just personal preference, but I'm also sure that Tahreyn has a reason for using shield charge.
Hi guys, got a question. Does the DoT damage from witchfire brew also affect our srs or do we just take it because of the vulnerability? I want to make sure before i invest on a top rolled one. Thank you for the feedback!
"
Hi guys, got a question. Does the DoT damage from witchfire brew also affect our srs or do we just take it because of the vulnerability? I want to make sure before i invest on a top rolled one. Thank you for the feedback!

If I'm not mistaken our SRS don't have any base DoT damage. If you run UiD then your SRS will have the poison DoT, so I'd imagine Witchfire would increase that damage.

I'm not sure exactly how powerful the poison DoT is, but I'd say it's likely not a huge deal to invest in a high-rolled DoT version of Witchfire.
Last edited by ryansider on Apr 2, 2017, 12:49:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info