[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
"
Tahreyn wrote:
~awesome stuff~

Mine has different numbers for some reason, although the conclusion are relatively the same. I'm using the calculations by gahddo with the new information GGG provided for the 2.6 minion update. So with these stats :

The bow still win even when we put poison stacking into the equation, though the difference is pretty minimal, so you're right about that (around 3-5% difference in total). That's assuming the target is stationary so the full army of SRS'es keeps hitting the same target over and over again and getting the full value of poison stacking (slow/stationary bosses), if that's the case then I do agree that UiD setup can come close to bow. But for targets which doesn't allow for the SRS to keep hitting them constantly, so realistically an SRS can only apply one or two stacks of poison for every 2s of the duration if not less, the DPS difference is quite huge (around 25-31% more damage), and these are putting into account the poison double dipping with UiD.

Thank you for putting the effort to recalculate the numbers, I might try out MS vs Added Fire to see for myself.

PS: Regardless, I'd be switching to UiD setup probably soonish anyway, since it's better for party play.

I've been using my own spread sheet that I've linked in the guide, updated with the latest GGG numbers. For the UiD dps I've used the maximum theoretical dps, so no misses and max poison stacks. In the end we ended up with quite similar numbers, which is all that matters in the end with these kind of calculations.

If you try out MS vs AF if would be nice to know what you think of it.

"
ride1226 wrote:
This whole time I have been running Whirling Blades instead of Sheild Charge. Is there a reason to switch to Shield Charge or is it just a matter of user preference?

"
ryansider wrote:

I'm fairly sure it's just personal preference, but I'm also sure that Tahreyn has a reason for using shield charge.

From my experience Shield Charge is superior to WB if you don't have tons of AS, so for a normal spell caster SC is usually superior. In our case they should be quite similar to each other, but I do prefer SC myself.

"
Hi guys, got a question. Does the DoT damage from witchfire brew also affect our srs or do we just take it because of the vulnerability? I want to make sure before i invest on a top rolled one. Thank you for the feedback!

It doesn't. Minions only gain dmg from minion dmg (and in our case they gain %increased damage from each aura we stack on them). So for this build it doesn't matter what roll you have on the flask, but you might use it on another char so why not try to pick up one with good rolls if you get it for the same price.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
Tahreyn wrote:
It doesn't. Minions only gain dmg from minion dmg (and in our case they gain %increased damage from each aura we stack on them). So for this build it doesn't matter what roll you have on the flask, but you might use it on another char so why not try to pick up one with good rolls if you get it for the same price.

Hey Tahreyn, just for my own curiosity - does the Witchfire effect increase the damage of the poison our SRS get from UiD? I imagine it's a small damage source regardless of your answer, but for those of us that like to min/max builds...
"
ryansider wrote:
"
Tahreyn wrote:

Hey Tahreyn, just for my own curiosity - does the Witchfire effect increase the damage of the poison our SRS get from UiD? I imagine it's a small damage source regardless of your answer, but for those of us that like to min/max builds...

As I wrote, minions only gain dmg from increased minion damage. Inc DoT, poison, cold, fire, lightning, phys, etc. only applies to you (and certain totems), but not minions. This is one of the main reasons why auramancers are as effective as they are for minion builds, as there isn't that many other ways to increase minion damage.
Builds:
"
Matematikas wrote:

Oh btw I noticed that you managed to get 40/40 the other day. congrats =)
Builds:
"
Tahreyn wrote:

I've been using my own spread sheet that I've linked in the guide, updated with the latest GGG numbers. For the UiD dps I've used the maximum theoretical dps, so no misses and max poison stacks. In the end we ended up with quite similar numbers, which is all that matters in the end with these kind of calculations.

If you try out MS vs AF if would be nice to know what you think of it.

From my limited testing of around 70 Mesa runs with no more life/enfeeble mods (picked Mesa because Oak's sort of mobile and a bit static at the same). MS seems to perform better in a quite noticeable difference using Poison, I probably gonna blame this on the speed in which the Poison stacks are built up. Added Fire however performs quite a bit better than MS on bow version due to the higher base damage on individual minions.

But in general both kill bosses fast enough that it's not really a big deal which between the two we pick for single target. Imo I'd absolutely pick MS for the UiD setup though, the difference is quite noticeable, it's 3 poison application per hit which nets quite a huge difference in total DPS even when some SRS might miss because of the target-locking.
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
Matematikas wrote:

Oh btw I noticed that you managed to get 40/40 the other day. congrats =)

Yeah thanks :) Currently looking for some motivation to play another build or leave the league as it is and wait for 3.0 :D
Hey man, awesome guide, I'm having a lot of fun with the build, but I'm also facing some problems, I'm dying way too much to all kind of bulshits, mainly because I never played a non-leech build. I also need some help with my gear, I have around 450 chaos to waste right now.

I have around 9.5k ES and fully capped resists

My current gear
Spoiler

Tips will be highly appreciated :)

I was thinking about buying an energy from within or a shavs ring, can't really decide what tho. Thanks again for this awesome guide!
I would get eye of chayula + shav's ring if you really feeling bad about no es regen (since no leech). Or you can jump directly to presence of chayula and then save for shav's ring or weapon.. Maybe you have bad habits with tanking everything as leech user from previous builds? :D As caster should be not that easy to die, but without stun immunity can be tricky of course..
Hello!
Check my witch pls!
I don't have lab enchants, but everything else was good?
Maybe give some tips for gear improvement?
Errr, and suddenly I have money again. Got shavs off the aesthete. what should I buy? (8EX + 170chaos)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info