[2.6] Windz's Mortem Throw/Flurry Build (Shaper, Uber Atziri, Guardian),

You have any recommended uniques that make the leveling process easier?

I'm running ST - Faster Attacks - Added Chaos - LMP/Slower projectiles and bosses die kinda slow right now
Could you post an updated CI tree please? Is going 10 points out of the way worth it for Point Blank?
prob trying this on HC since im bored. Will prob die since life build haha
"
TheCreatek wrote:
prob trying this on HC since im bored. Will prob die since life build haha

i would go CI if u can afford. If not i was going to go MoM on HC

"
eirstryder wrote:
You have any recommended uniques that make the leveling process easier?

I'm running ST - Faster Attacks - Added Chaos - LMP/Slower projectiles and bosses die kinda slow right now

make sure to use wither totem and vaal lightning trap if you can. Try using void manipulation instead of FA

"
Got question about ur belt - is there any reason to use this kind of belt (base) or any belt with hp + res is ok?

any belt with life res is fine

"
chielz wrote:
What's the reason you're not using Bloodrage for the extra leech and as, since claws lost the implicit?

Also would it be a good idea to dual wield Morsu Mortem and get accuracy on gear?

Thanks for the build :)

laziness. Use blood rage if you can. Just put it on shield so u can weapon swap to cancel blood rage. Work around with sockets though. Kaoms roots make socketing more restrictive. DW does nothing imo. 15% more attack vs 100% chance to hit

"
Lyxs wrote:
Ok, I'm not really an expert in this game, but I was following along this build since some days ago, according to this tree poeurl.com/7xn .

Now you updated the build with a new tree and it's completely different, so i'm kinda lost here.. I'm using blade flurry, so should I stick to the 2.5 build and still go for hungry abyss or is that not really required now ? Is the gear the same ?

in 2.6 i have a updated BF CI build. The gearing is the same IF you want to use hungry abyss. If not then u can use any ES helm/gear

"
How are you getting 6 power charges ?

off hand has storm prison wand with +1 pc
Last edited by windz on Mar 12, 2017, 9:59:43 PM
Will try to do this on HC as CI!

the only major problem I see is coloring a vaal regalia... no way i'm going to get 4 greens on a 5 link... I guess I'll skip faster attacks for crit damage and try to make it up somewhere
I've been doing a Ranger version of this build. I know you said Shadow is the best, but I wanted to see if a frenzy stacking Raider would work. I'm only to Tier 6 maps, but so far, this has been a great build and cheap too.

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAANESAABmAF4FLQX5Bx4ILgzyDY0OSA-rES8RlhR1FfAV_Ra_GNsZjiFgIuoj9iSLJpUppSoLKjgshTIBNj094kCgRrdI7kkTSVFKfU2SVP5VS1oaXEBd8mHiYetirGegaoxsjG8nb1dwUnTtdPF1nnaCd9d4GXiuelN674d2h8uJ04ngjDaNfY2Bj2CP-pMflS6aapsmm42dqqOKpcunm7Gzshm0xbTRtUi95sGgwzrIDM8Vz3rTfuOf5ljrY-2D7g7w1fVv-WP8xRcmQdB6hNCtAAAAAAA=

Spoiler
Spoiler

So is Bf still better for bosses in 2.6? What is a life based build for bf or is St the way to go now.
Last edited by boonobosMike on Mar 13, 2017, 4:12:20 AM
It doesn't matter which skill to use if life based. This is the tree I made for life based BF www.poeurl.com/bavS

I will say more when I hit red maps, currently 66 lvl with little time to grind xp.
Last edited by vsgv on Mar 13, 2017, 5:41:04 AM
Do you think its worth going pointblank node on CI tree? also do you think it has enough damage without Cherrubim and the malachai's vision with 5l regalia?

This is the tree i came up with in like 5minutes, prob some fine handling like es % and stuff www.poeurl.com/bawX

edit: also why do you go for aura nodes on the life version ? enough mana to run haste+disc on CI tree?
Last edited by TheCreatek on Mar 13, 2017, 7:17:00 AM
"
Stinkycabbage wrote:
I've been doing a Ranger version of this build. I know you said Shadow is the best, but I wanted to see if a frenzy stacking Raider would work. I'm only to Tier 6 maps, but so far, this has been a great build and cheap too.

If you're going raider you may as well use snakebite and a better weapon - I'd use the Rabid Rhoa card set (easily farmable and very cheap) to snag a Malicious Gemini Claw which with any Raider+Snakebite build and a semi-decent malicious roll should beat Mortem then you have not terrible odds of hitting useful aug+regal affixes and depending on what you get could master craft another affix to leave you with a very solid weapon (3/12 prefixes are useful, 3/17 suffixes are useful, more if you aren't using the shield for whatever reason, say if you're CI, and as such about accuracy).

The main down side as I see it for going with a ranger ascendency over Assassin (pathfinder would also be viable using Master Herbalist to get poison on hit, though then you're locked in to path of 12345) is that you lose out on the assassin's phenomenal Toxic Delivery and Deadly Infusion nodes which combine to make a crit based poison build like this so effective, in my opinion as well as the free power charge generation. Though with Raider you gain access to all frenzy charges all the time which is super fun and makes you go really fast, and you free yourself from Mortem if you go snakebites.

@Windz - I originally was confused about the lack of Growth and Decay but realise now how inefficient this cluster is, but I'm still not sure why you don't have Entropy, is it just a point-budget concern? Progressing on past level 90 would you grab Entropy and possibly head over to Potency of Will or just grab the ranger projectile damage nodes connected to Ballistic Mastery?

Edit: Also Windz I just realised you don't have pierce! I'm fairly certain you should add Pierce as a link and drop something.
Last edited by Poobah on Mar 13, 2017, 8:50:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info