EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Literally what the actual fuck?

Exalted Orbs dropped from 70 to 53 Chaos in 2 days. Ever happened in Leagues before? There was nothing like this during Prophecie or Essence.

Is this just price manipulation which will end in a few days or Exalted orbs price will continue to drop?

Player dropoff is smaller compared to previous Leagues according to Steam charts and nothing special in particular happened during last few days. Do you have any reasonable explanation?

If it gets back down to 18 chaos (3 GCP for an exalt, 6 chaos per GCP was once the price!) I'll be happy, and might use them for crafting.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I think it's best summed up with a quote from another player in the other 'Breach economy' thread---

"Wait to see how butt hurts when league ends and from 40C to exa every one enters in standard at 90 C to 1 exa."

Going to be funny XD
Last edited by neonive on Jan 22, 2017, 4:34:42 AM
"
TheBagman wrote:
It didn't take a genius to realize that Chaos would increase in value with the introduction of the currency tab.

Prior to that, people were strongly incentivized to consolidate currency, simply to conserve space (5000 Chaos orbs is 3.47 standard stash tabs, btw). Eliminate that incentive and provide even more uses for chaos compared to fairly useless exalts and it's clear why the relative value is shifting.

Unless they add a compelling reason to use exalts for crafting, I would imagine exalts will continue to drop in value.

You make absolutely no sense. Literally nothing you say makes a slightest glimpse of sense. >_<

And this is why - all what you mention is fair for each previous League and it doesn't explain in any way shape or form how in the middle of Breach League for no reason just off the blue Exalted price dropped from 70c to 42c.
"
neonive wrote:
I think it's best summed up with a quote from another player in the other 'Breach economy' thread---

"Wait to see how butt hurts when league ends and from 40C to exa every one enters in standard at 90 C to 1 exa."

Going to be funny XD

Nobody cares about Standard though. :P Besides, price in STD keeps dropping.

Also it's vice versa. It would be awesome to enter Standrd where price of Exalted orb is 90c, because you got tons of cheap exalts in Breach.
The problem (if we consider this is a problem) is not with exalts, it's with chaos. 1 chaos = 4.5 fusing, the ratio was clearly not the same last league. So exalted are fine, chaos are more expensive than usual.

"
neonive wrote:

Going to be funny XD

Most people will just create new chars in the new league.

Anyway the ratio will probably change a lot during the last days of the league, some people will want to buy lots of exalts before.
Should reach about 22:1 at the extreme end, with current options for crafting I could see about 30 to 1, but thats on the extreme end of a 6 month curve.
IGN : Reamus
Each time I see people who want to buy 41 Chaos for 1 Exalted from me I am like WTF. >_< Later this day price got a bit higher though, so I get less whispers.
Seems like it started to drop slower. 41:1 now
its god damn pixels, no one cares about the currency in the game. Ex price drops every league when the market is saturated.

Or maybe OP is so worried cause he RMT these ex....
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jan 24, 2017, 3:05:50 AM
"
Miazga wrote:
its god damn pixels, no one cares about the currency in the game. Ex price drops every league when the market is saturated.

Or maybe OP is so worried cause he RMT these ex....

Ex never dropped so low so quick, here is why this is a thing.

Some people would kill for Mirror btw :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info