EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
xMustard wrote:
theres no issue with paying 180c when people are willing to buy at 180. keep bumping them up and up and up until people are unwilling to pay, then you'll see where its ceiling lies.

buying exalts is where most peoples exalts come from. AKA chaos come easy now more than ever so if you want that exalt so you can buy that item you will pay it.

i wouldn't be surprised if exalts hit over 200c very shortly.

funny thing is this huge bump in price in exalts is extremely easy to abuse for a lot of things to make crazy money yourself.
one example is the king's heart div card sells for chaos, where as kaom's heart sells for exalts. right after the big jump from 95c to 130c effectively overnight you could still buy the king's heart for 20c (x8) and sell the kaom's heart for 2ex.

basically you spent 160c to make 260c pretty damn easily. and this is just ONE example. you can do this with many different things. lol

Just as quickly you see people overpricing the div card
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
theres no issue with paying 180c when people are willing to buy at 180. keep bumping them up and up and up until people are unwilling to pay, then you'll see where its ceiling lies.

buying exalts is where most peoples exalts come from. AKA chaos come easy now more than ever so if you want that exalt so you can buy that item you will pay it.

i wouldn't be surprised if exalts hit over 200c very shortly.

funny thing is this huge bump in price in exalts is extremely easy to abuse for a lot of things to make crazy money yourself.
one example is the king's heart div card sells for chaos, where as kaom's heart sells for exalts. right after the big jump from 95c to 130c effectively overnight you could still buy the king's heart for 20c (x8) and sell the kaom's heart for 2ex.

basically you spent 160c to make 260c pretty damn easily. and this is just ONE example. you can do this with many different things. lol

Just as quickly you see people overpricing the div card

More like the "cheap ones" he did the math with are pricefixed cards
I must admit I am part of the problem. There is various methods of achieving a guaranteed 200c/hour and the only good appreciating store of value is an exalted orb. Currently sitting on about 50 of them.

This game needs more chaos sinks or the ratio will continue to rise.
Last edited by AboveAverage on Dec 25, 2018, 8:46:51 AM
"
AboveAverage wrote:
I must admit I am part of the problem. There is various methods of achieving a guaranteed 200c/hour and the only good appreciating store of value is an exalted orb. Currently sitting on about 50 of them.

What do you even need that much currency for is beyond me.

Has PoE degenerated into just a "how much currency can I farm per hour" and nothing else? I don't give a rat's ass what the exalt to chaos exchange rate is at anytime. I play for the fun of the build sandbox and the BiS item hunt, not for the amount of currency per hour I can generate. Playing PoE as a commodity trading sim is so boring to me.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
AboveAverage wrote:

So you are either admitting to botting, doing 100 chaos recipes per hour, or are somehow actually finding 200c every hour?

Because no other method would actually increase the number of chaos in circulation.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Has PoE degenerated into just a "how much currency can I farm per hour" and nothing else? I don't give a rat's ass what the exalt to chaos exchange rate is at anytime. I play for the fun of the build sandbox and the BiS item hunt, not for the amount of currency per hour I can generate. Playing PoE as a commodity trading sim is so boring to me.

GGG needs to increase drop rate of ALL rare items by 1,000,000 fold. This will make them attainable and thereby devalue trade-currency.

As a result, this will make the game better. That is, farming currency primary purpose: crafting.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Thanks GGG! Sold my exalts for 160c.

Ready now for Ex go down to 85c
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
Thanks GGG! Sold my exalts for 160c.

Ready now for Ex go down to 85c

Attaboy!
Delve dropped to 120 or so. Expecting 85 is never going to happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info