EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
Nephalim wrote:

Most likely some maphacker or few "minor", farming bots. From what I see, the price falls more due to "league fatigue" than some targeted actions against bots. Besides, the same bots also had to limit their "activity", because it is slowly paying off. Why buy exalted orbs for real money, if you can not really pay for them because of a miserable offer on the market? Of course, things like HH will always be available, but those who had to buy it have already done so.

When it comes to other things, it is really hard to obtain some specialized, sometimes quite expensive items because a lot of sellers have finished playing the league and new ones are not appearing. For instance, since monday I try to obtain belt with strictly defined parameters, the price of which varies from 7 to 13 ex, where the belt for 13 ex is not neceserely better than the cheaper one, but ... it is exists, so I can buy it. And you know what? I can't do it, as sellers are off.

Yesterday I lost my patience and I bought a slightly worse one for ... 1 ex. At the same time the seller was extremely happy that he finally sold. In summary, on the "market" operating in this way is much less space also for RMT transactions. Hence the price drop.
There was a bot ban but the price doesn't fall over night because bots lost all their chaos but because the bot owners panic sold their chaos.

It will go back up quite quick because bot owners already got new bots up. Works the same way in every game.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
There was a bot ban but the price doesn't fall over night because bots lost all their chaos but because the bot owners panic sold their chaos.

Heck. What? "bot owners panic sold their chaos" and due to that... exalt price felt? If "panicked bots" sold all their chaos for exalts, then exalt price should... rise even more:)
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
It will go back up quite quick because bot owners already got new bots up. Works the same way in every game.

Didn't work this way during Incursion.
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Heck. What? "bot owners panic sold their chaos" and due to that... exalt price felt? If "panicked bots" sold all their chaos for exalts, then exalt price should... rise even more:)

My bad, I meant exalts which they already acquired from trading chaos previously.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
It will go back up quite quick because bot owners already got new bots up.
I wonder how long that takes. I liked the high ex prices because it made sustaining T16 maps a breeze (high return from ex shards and low reroll & zana mod cost).
"
torturo wrote:

I'm aware you're hyperbolizing certain aspects of your statement to be taken seriously, but it still doesn't cut it.
Bring some proofs or evidences that it's a common widely spread activity rather than isolated cases.

1 - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-04-blizzard-wins-usd8-5m-lawsuit-against-cheat-makers
"
The court ruled that these products infringed upon Blizzard's product by damaging the player experience for honest, non-cheating folk. "Players of the Blizzard Games lodge complaints against cheating players, which has caused users to grow dissatisfied with the Blizzard Games and cease playing[MONETARY LOSSES OMG]," the court ruled. "Accordingly, the in-game cheating also harms Blizzard's goodwill and reputation."

2 -
"
Aight, that simple.
To solve world hunger, just feed the people.

Are you stupid or something? GGG/Blizzard can extrapolate how many people quit playing the game. Going from there, selecting for how many player were recurring subscriptions or had a solid history of monetary support for the game you can claim losses. You tossed your brain in the bin trying to make some weak ass jibe about world hunger producing food to prove something to someone...you were trying to talk about legal shit you had no clue about and got mad I caught your ass. NO HYPERBOLE.
Last edited by LeetbakaDX on Oct 19, 2018, 4:50:03 PM
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:

Are you stupid or something? GGG/Blizzard can extrapolate how many people quit playing the game. Going from there, selecting for how many player were recurring subscriptions or had a solid history of monetary support for the game you can claim losses. You tossed your brain in the bin trying to make some weak ass jibe about world hunger producing food to prove something to someone...you were trying to talk about legal shit you had no clue about and got mad I caught your ass. NO HYPERBOLE.

You're quite unaware. These court rulings and whatever didn't harm the cheating company whatsoever, they just made a new service, that's it.

What also happened in that case was that court found out that it profited Blizzard as well.

A bit late here so I cba making a long post but do some more research and you'll find out that nobody has got punished heavily for cheating / bots / gold. Almost all of the cases have been either harassment / copyright.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Oct 19, 2018, 6:17:08 PM
139:1 again. Sigh.
Awesome. Zana mods are expensive.....hoping for 150:1 or more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info