[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
NemesoK wrote:
Hello,

I don't understand. Yesterday I could raise Cannibal fire-eaters very easily in a Canyon map.
Today I tried two Canyon maps and no one fire-eaters spawned.
This is not possible to play with a system like this.

GGG has to change it absolutely. I give up.
Best regards.

I understand your frustration and i agree, the system is not great, permanent spectres would be huge for the game. however in the guide i try to explain how to make it less frustrating, let me try to explain it to you:

Each map has a variety of monster types it can spawn. however it does not spawn all of them in each map, lets say a map can spawn 100 different monster types, now if you open that map it will choose lets say 20 of those monster types and put them into the map (numbers are fictional but you get the point).

now if you open a map that can hold the spectre you desire, there would be (in our example) a 20% chance that it spawns that monster. and only if they are put as enemies in the map you can desecrate them, resulting in the frustrating experience you describe.

and now comes that spectre trick i explain into play: if you have the spectre type you desire with you (for example a flame sentinel) and open a map, that can hold flame sentinels (for example overgrown ruin), you will 100% be able to desecrate that specific monster in the map, even if it did not put the monsters into the map as enemies.

that enables you to just go to templar laboratory, get a lvl 68 flame sentinel, bring it to a map that can spawn flame sentinels and get higher level ones. for that reason (and because they have higher clearspeed) i recommend using flame sentinels (or undying incinerators) for clearing maps, since you can get them in story zones.

since 3.0 you can not get fire-eaters in a story zone any more, that is not that bad for me personally, as i only use them every once in a while to chain the t16s and shaper sets that have accumulated over the last few hours/days, and having to run a shore map (very high chance to spawn fire-eaters) before does not really bother me, since i do not have to do it that often.

yes, the spectre system is not optimal, it is actually far from that, you will have to decide for yourself if the effort you have to put into your minions every single session is justified by the fun you have with the build - for me that is definitly the case, especially since that spectre trick makes it a lot easier to reliably get spectres on high lvl, but i understand if other people feel different about that.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 18, 2017, 7:26:21 AM
Regarding Passive Tree, what order do you recommend we get these nodes:
Essence Surge
Potency of Will
Whispers of Doom (this seems a bit useless without the corrupted wand)

Thanks for the guide.
"
Kiltak wrote:
Regarding Passive Tree, what order do you recommend we get these nodes:
Essence Surge
Potency of Will
Whispers of Doom (this seems a bit useless without the corrupted wand)

Thanks for the guide.

I usually level with srs, so i tend to pick up Potency of Will as soon as i can, because it makes srs feel much better. once i got the gear and the level (at least 68) to transition to low life i spec out of the life nodes i will have picked up by then and also the pootency of will, as it is not that important at that point and i want as many efficient ES nodes as i can. shortly after i pick up essence surge, potency of will gets allocated again once we fixed our attributes (might have to pick up some jewel sockets first for that), as u said Whispers of Doom does not maake much sense without the corrupted wand, but once we got it we go for the 2nd curse asap.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 17, 2017, 9:03:09 AM
Sorry if i sound nooby, quite new to this game..

Thank you for this great guide, i soloe'd guardian and done well with this build..

My question is, wich map can i raise the Tier16 Flame Sentinel?

Only downside for me with this is, i have to buy a Hydra Map for everytime i want to summon my spectres, and it costs me alot!

(EDIT: I only raised Cannibal Fire-Eaters so far, and i know thats the only map i know (Hydra Map) for that spectre, but the others ones i don't know =()
Last edited by milkingcows on Aug 18, 2017, 12:01:13 PM
"
milkingcows wrote:
Sorry if i sound nooby, quite new to this game..

Thank you for this great guide, i soloe'd guardian and done well with this build..

My question is, wich map can i raise the Tier16 Flame Sentinel?

Only downside for me with this is, i have to buy a Hydra Map for everytime i want to summon my spectres, and it costs me alot!

(EDIT: I only raised Cannibal Fire-Eaters so far, and i know thats the only map i know (Hydra Map) for that spectre, but the others ones i don't know =()

Hi, glad you like the build. :)

There is a list where you can find which Spectre (the list is not complete yet tho) on the guide, go to the point:
How to get Map level Spectres
then to:
Map list where you can find which Spectre
then go to whichever spectre you desire.

note that spectres get downscaled to the current zone level, so if you bring T16 spectres to a T9 map they will get downscaled to T9, so there is no point in getting T16 spectres if you just want to do some maps, no need to spend money for that! ;) (The T16 Spectres will get scaled up again if you enter T16 maps)
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 18, 2017, 12:27:53 PM
iam starting to lvl my necro currently but i dont see how u can have all the auras active and be still able to cast spells
Is united in dream still an upgrade in 3.0?
What do you think about taking Chaos Inoculation at least temporarily? We anyway depend on ES almost completely and it removes requirement of expensive Shavronne´s Wrappings.
"
Zetoxical wrote:
iam starting to lvl my necro currently but i dont see how u can have all the auras active and be still able to cast spells

same, have 19/972 mana with all auras from this build on. and can't cast any spell.

UPD. put one https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Conqueror%27s_Efficiency and it solve the problem.
Last edited by fomi4 on Aug 18, 2017, 3:36:48 PM
"
Ywein wrote:
What do you think about taking Chaos Inoculation at least temporarily? We anyway depend on ES almost completely and it removes requirement of expensive Shavronne´s Wrappings.

and what about blood magic from Prism Guardian shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info