Developer Interview - Nick - Game Designer

Thanks for all the hard work.
Saved
Nice read, keep up the great unique design.

As far as im concerned, every unique this league was interesting and really went back to the core design of actually having flavor (aside from the broken chayula necklace). This is probably the best league ever in terms of unique design and im really glad you guys incorporated another upgrading system for unique items.

One of my favorite leagues was prophecy because the idea of upgrading items and having them progress to become stronger or more interesting is a great dynamic for the game. Love the items and upgrades from Breach, using many of them on my characters.

Also many i havent gotten around to using yet either. Hope to see more great uniques brought out in the future.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Really interesting interview.
Looking forward to act5 :)
Hf :)
"
A show called Stranger Things had just launched on Netflix, and everyone on my Facebook feed was proclaiming it as the greatest thing ever (it wasn't -- that title goes to pizza -- but it was still excellent). Around the same time, we were trying to come up with some league concepts, and there had been a desire both internally and from our players to return to Beyond. I pitched a Beyond-themed league where the players enter the Beyond world -- a parallel universe akin to the one in Stranger Things. A place where the monsters could peer into our world, but we couldn't peer into theirs.

Yes! That kind of inspiration is great! Plus, u teased us about this great tv series Nick! XD

Nice :)
"
Our artists are making some beautifully messed-up monsters, and our designers are creating some elegant but suitably epic boss fights to go along with them

inb4 boss area filled with phylacteral linked stygian revenants, boss has 10-sec telegraphed onshotting attack that covers whole area.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
That was a nice read

Sad thing that Breach is complete shit for things like indoor areas and Dominating blow skill

(Removed by support)

I really do hope you guys leave the "new league every 4months" strategy and start doing the right thing

- 3month league

- 60% of the content is released on day 1, rest is released in patches each 2-3 week for the first 2 months

- New 3month league mod each 6 months

- One being major league concept
- the other being a minor one but that comes with the yearly Expansion

- Between those 2 Flavoured league are Flashback league and race seasons
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Support on Jan 2, 2017, 6:10:50 PM
"
Nick_GGG wrote:
We are working on the coolest content we've ever done.

Winter theme for Act V confirmed.
Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Jan 2, 2017, 7:05:10 PM
"
Nick_GGG wrote:

Tell me, you are finally gonna stop beating the shit out of Dominating blow with your nerf?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Zelkor wrote:
"
Nick_GGG wrote:

Winter theme for Act V confirmed.

smart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info