[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

Any tips for leveling this guy?

Not really sure what to do with the passive nodes as everything is ES and that doesn't really make a difference until later in cruel.

That and I'm not really sure how to level as firestorm, any solid uniques (other than the typical) to use?

I ask because I just leveled a guy in HC (and died) but I had to spend so much time on the front end over leveling because of all the ES nodes.
WHat's your vortex tooltip in hideout just to compare and so I know what to aim for.
"
StickyTak wrote:

Not really sure what to do with the passive nodes as everything is ES and that doesn't really make a difference until later in cruel.

That and I'm not really sure how to level as firestorm, any solid uniques (other than the typical) to use?

I ask because I just leveled a guy in HC (and died) but I had to spend so much time on the front end over leveling because of all the ES nodes.

I usually make the switch to CI at 69 once the character can wear all the ES gear. So I don't start picking up the ES nodes until late 50s.

There are a bunch of HP nodes you can pick up and then spec out of later. Discipline and training, quick recovery, cruel preparation and heart and soul are all next to where you're pathing anyway.

For skills, I used freeze pulse, then switch to firestorm/controlled destruction/faster casting on dual lifesprigs from 12 to 28 then vortex after that. Switch gems to tabula for 5/6L around mid 30s once you get all your gems unlocked.
"
getinthevan wrote:

Perhaps there is a higher budget crit version? the gear would be more expensive (jewels, etc) After all we are inquisitor, the best class for ele crit. You'd have to drop instruments of virtue and augury of penitence... but it might be do-able. You can drop fire pen and ignite chance for inc crit strikes and crit multi in the link setup. Reflect may become an issue. Let me know what you guys think.

I dont like crit builds, too many points spent, although can try by the end of the league. I tried putting in flameblast and -mana ring instead of pyre to cover the mana cost, and now testing it on bosses (the rest of the gems are as in vortex setup) - for now single target seems MUCH better due to the insane burn.
To those having issues with single target DPS, what I've found helps is to have Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + Whatever (I use faster casting) slotted, as well as Vaal Lightning Trap (Doesn't help on Izaro).

When fighting tough bosses, Vaal Lightning Trap makes a huge difference as the shocked effect scales all of your damage by a huge amount.

On Izaro, where Vaal Lightning Trap isn't an option, I find it's important to fully debuff him. So when he's taking his little elevator into the room I'm making sure I set up with my Totem for Scorching Ray debuff, and Orb of Storms for Elemental Equilibrium and Flammability debuff. Then right before he goes active I pop a sulfur flask, shield-charge into him, and start spamming Vortex.

Right before going into the final Izaro fight I swap out Faster Attacks linked to Shield Charge for Culling Strike and that makes a very big difference in that fight. As an added bonus, doing a cull on Izaro by running into him and bonking him with your shield is incredibly satisfying!
I made some changes to the tree which improves it imo. (thanks to the help of some friends)
check my profile for skill tree.

results:

+1% ES
+4% cast speed
+15% spell damage
+8% all res
-5% radius
-10 dex

The pathing is a bit simplified (no offense to the build creator) and yo ugain some stuff.

I also removed elemental focus on the totem set-up and replaced it with Vaal Lightning trap which improves dmg on bosses.
Last edited by dro0p on Jan 16, 2017, 1:05:50 PM
"
Was wondering if there are other better ones that actually exist on POE trade?
Fire damage + damage + area damage + ES does not seem to exist.

Izaro's Turmoil provide a great amount of damage for the cost of a comparable rare jewel. For me, the reason to give up Izaro's jewel is to get a max % ES roll. Here is one jewel I use

As to some of the jewels you were searching for not showing up, make sure you have 2 suffixes and 2 prefixes since a lot of the good rolls are prefixes? I think.
"
WHat's your vortex tooltip in hideout just to compare and so I know what to aim for.

24k with conc effect in hideout, no buffs. 44k with buffs/pots
"

I'm certainly not a leveling-to-be-CI expert but full thanks go to Astrohawke for is exactly how I'd go about it! Just check his post above yours.
"
I tried putting in flameblast and -mana ring instead of pyre to cover the mana cost, and now testing it on bosses (the rest of the gems are as in vortex setup) - for now single target seems MUCH better due to the insane burn.

Hey that's great! I'm not a huge fan of crit builds either but then again I feel the damage is enough for me. I think flameblast is a perfectg answer and will provide insane burns for sure.
"
To those having issues with single target DPS, what I've found helps is to have Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + Whatever (I use faster casting) slotted, as well as Vaal Lightning Trap (Doesn't help on Izaro).

Great points! I swap in vaal lightning trap into the "elemental focus" slot on ray totem as well for tougher fights and I also use cull on shield charge now. Good Stuff!!
"
I made some changes to the tree which improves it imo. (thanks to the help of some friends)
check my profile for skill tree.

results:

+1% ES
+4% cast speed
+15% spell damage
+8% all res
-5% radius
-10 dex

No offense at all, glad the community is brainstorming and improving. Here is a link to the tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQceCaoMUg18DkgRDxEvEVARlhXXGFYYXRhqGmwagRslHNwfGCL0Jogo-ilPKYsrCiy_Nbk7DTwFPO89X0lRSbFLrlF0UftSKVJTVeBWSFZjV8lYB1haW6Bca13yXypmVGh0aPJsC20ZdFV4L3wOfOV_xoAwgpuCx4RIhXuGrouMjHaPGo9GkyeVLpf0mK2aO5tum6Gce52unjyexJ_foS-io6aZpr6nCKcrp1WouayYrfG0DLcwuJO-isBmwJrBxcNtytPNFtWm18_YJNlb2fzaYt-G5CLoWukC6rrr7uwY7DjtYe9874jv6_DV98H31_k3-d356A==
At this current time I cannot switch as I need the 10 dex. Also, as to your tree I like it! Here are some thoughts: what about losing "Deep Thoughts" and the witch Jewel. Maybe replace with "Dreamer" and spend the 4 points elsewhere? Perhaps for those that need Dex the 4 pt jewel by Assassin's Blooddrinker??
Last edited by getinthevan on Jan 16, 2017, 4:47:58 PM
well, I still have deep thoughts and the witch jewel.

my tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAceCaoMUg18DkgRDxEvEVARlhXXGFYYXRhqGmwagRslHNwfGCL0Jogo-ilPKYsrCiy_Nbk7DTwFPO89X0lRSbFLrlF0UftSKVJTVeBWSFZjV8lYB1haW6Bca13yXypmVGh0aPJsC20ZdFV4L3wOfOV_xoAwgpuCx4RIhXuGrouMjHaPGo9GkyeVLpf0mK2aO5tum6Gce52unjyexJ_foS-io6aZpr6nCKcrp1WouayYrfG0DLcwuJO-isBmwJrBxcNtytPNFtWm18_YJNlb2fzaYt-G5CLoWukC6rrr7uwY7DjtYe9874jv6_DV98H31_k3-d356A==
Last edited by dro0p on Jan 16, 2017, 4:41:54 PM
I did try another calculation in path of builder. Not sure yet if I am going to make the change.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

removing the jewel near CI. and removing the jewel near Whisper of Doom. (both have a izaro's turmoil for me)

this gives me 6 points, where I put 5 towards Heart of Flame and 1 back into the 5% area radius.

results:

Adds Heart of Flame
+5% radius of area skills
+3% fire pen
-8% increased max mana
-8% elemental damage
-20 int
-4% ingnite chance

dps increase:

ignite dps goes from 264061 to 266512

not sure if it's worth it.. feels like losing a bit too much utility?

Last edited by dro0p on Jan 16, 2017, 6:51:34 PM
For reference,

this is my tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvBAcHHgmqDFINfA5IES8RUBGWFdcYVhhdGGoabBqBGyUc3B8CHxgi9CaIKPopTymLKwosvzLRNbk2xTwFPO89X0VHSVFJsUuuTLNRdFH7UilSU1XgVkhWY1fJWAdYWlugXGtd8l8qZlRodGjybAttGXgvfA585X_GgDCCm4LHhEiFe4aui3qLjIx2jxqPRpMnlS6XlZf0mK2aO5tum6Gce52unjyexJ_foS-io6aZpr6nCKcrp1Woua3xtzC4k76KwGbAmsHFw23NFtAf18_YJNlb2fzaYt-G4vfoWukC6-Tr7uwY7DjtYe9874jv6_DV98H5N_nd-eg=?accountName=callmescootaloo&characterName=maybeIwontdieinlabagain

I can clear everything in the game, havn't tried shaper on this one yet,

The ES + resist node left of templar are extremely efficient, 3 points for 15% ES + 10 int(2% ES) AND resistances that allows me to reroll resistance from mastercraft into 30int which is 6% ES, so that's 21% ES vs 3x6 = 18% ES, it also makes any chayula gem more efficient with the now 20% chance to gain a charge when killing an enemy.

Next level I will remove the mana nodes above the witch tree and put them into Flask nodes if I can, I feel like I am not using the mana nodes atm, but since it's only 2 nodes I havn't cared enough to look into it.

Edit: also anyone who is having issues with killing rare enemies / bosses, instead of spamming vortex. Just place one orb of storms and your ignite will be huge, most of the time I kill rares with one attack but if not, I just Shielcharge->Vortex-Orb->Shieldcharge away cause he will die to burn.
EU Gmt+1

Jag gillar fisk
Last edited by callmescootaloo on Jan 17, 2017, 10:29:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info