BEASTfilter for 3.21 Crucible - comprehensive loot filter, 4 presets, PC/Console

Welcome!

This is official forum thread for BEASTfilter

You can preview, customize and download latest version at FilterBLAST: https://filterblast.xyz/Dissolator/

Console and PC players can follow desired presets of my filters on my PoE profile and this feature will add and auto-load latest filter versions whenever you login into the game:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dissolator/item-filters

You're welcome to post your feedback and suggestions in this thread :)

A bit of History:
Spoiler
This filter saw the light since item filters were added into the game, but was only available for private use for me and my guildmates. Thanks to their feedback and support the filter grown and improved over a time. In 2016 after work on another update (and facing difficulty of keeping track of all comprehensive stuff) it inspired me to create FilterBLAST tool, which made work on the filter much simplier and also provided extra functionality to optimize it and add customization UI. I couldn't resist to share the power of FilterBLAST with PoE community, so BEASTfilter become publicly available too :)

BEASTfilter v5 features and patch notes

Version 5 has major filter logic and indication system rework (4x more filter code) with detailed filtering cases for all item types, classes and special conditions.

[5.1] Added 2 new presets: "Starter" and "Lategame". "Strict" preset renamed to "Strict Lategame"

[5.2] Added options to hide bad bases of rare Amulets, Rings, Belts and magic Jewels. Those options are applied by default for Strict Lategame preset

[5.2] Improved strictness, some highlight tweaks and bunch of other minor improvements

== New Evaluation System

Everything now sticks to 7 general value categories (with some balancing and extra tiering when needed), based on estimated worth and usability:

1) Top value - from 100c and higher
2) High value - from 10c to 100c
3) Medium value - from 1c to 10c
4) Low value - around 1c (or less if item has extra usability factors)
5) Potential value - most-likely not valuable, but may worth checking
6) Utility value - kept visible in case you may be interested to pick in the moment
7) No value - not worth your time (so filter hides them)

On top of visual indication categories № 1-5 each have their own drop sounds and minimap icons, № 1-2 have constant beam effect, № 3-4 usually have temporary beam effect.

New presets and customization features allow to control strictness for items with low value and below. More valuable items are always shown and can't be hidden.

== Visuals and Effects

Sound theme slightly changed and now tied to general evaluation system for more intuitive gameplay (no more specific sounds for specific items), 2 sounds changed their attribution, 1 sound removed, volume is rebalanced.

Shaper-voiced sounds for Mirror, Exalted and Divine orbs are still optionally available via Sound theme customization UI

Color highlight system improved:

* Item types with rarity now use standard approach: no more things to distract from evaluation.

* Different border color for gear type/class - helps to quickly distinguish and pick desired item type at a glance.

* Different backgrounds for items with special conditions (influenced, corrupted, special base, exclusive mods, enchants, extra quality, 5 links, 6 sockets)

* Individual styles (some with variations based on value) for: Currencies, 6 linked items, Uniques, Divination cards, Prophecies, Incubators, Gems, Maps, Map Fragments, Quest-like items, Recipes, Fishing secrets and legacy stuff.

* Stackable Currency highlight improved and now strictly follows 7 value-based visual tiers, their style gradually moves from shiny gold to faded bronze and copper. Nice look and easy to memorize.

* [5.1] Color Scheme is now customizable in UI

Beam effects system completely reworked and now emphasizes value by constant or temporary beam and hints item type by same color as minimap icon (with exclusion for maps, which beam color corresponds to map tier category: white, yellow, red, special)

Minimap icons system completely reworked with intuitive symbolism approach:

* Triangle - Stackable items: currency (4 colors per 4 tiers) and divination cards (blue)

* Circle - One-slot items: incubators (green), prophecies (blue), gems (white), jewels (brown), amulets (yellow), rings (red)

* Square - Maps: usual tiers - white, yellow, red, influenced - blue, blighted - green

* Diamond (looks like 4 squares) - Map Fragments, Watchstones, Labyrinth and Incursion quest-like items

* Star - Specials: Uniques (brown), 6-link (yellow), Metamorph samples (green), Synthesis (blue), Fishy and extraordinary (white)

* Hexagon - Gear Item: Top/high/medium value (white, yellow, red), Influenced (brown), 6 sockets or 5 link (blue), Special mod or Enchant (green)

== Tiering

Uniques now categorized into 5 tiers (with 3 extra +half-tier layers for special cases)

Stackable Currency tiering reworked and now has 8 value-based tiers, which can be grouped into 3 categories:
1) High tiers = t1: 100c+, t2: 10c+, t3: 1c+
2) Middle tiers = t4: 0,3c+, t5: 0,13c+ (low value but high usability)
3) Low tiers = t6: 0,07c+, t7: 0,015c+, t8: rest (most of low tier currency are hidden in lategame presets)

Currency tiers now have better care for stacks: bigger stacks of low-value currency raise up in tier for priority pick-up.

Gems filtering reworked with complex conditions, which summarized in 8 tiers

6 link item appearance now depends on conditions (influenced, corrupted, weapon or body armour)

Map fragments tiering reworked, now with 4 tiers total (from 2)

Added 1 more tiers for Incubators (now 3 tiers total)

Slightly updated Divination cards tiers (5 total)

Quality Gems and Flasks now have threshold for minimum quality value, which vary in different presets

[5.1] Quality Gems and Flasks Threshold is now customizable in UI

== Gear

All gear types now have personal filter sections for better control and fine-tuning.

Each gear type section controls highlight with relevant rule sets for: influenced items, Special mods (Incursion/Warband/Delve/Betrayal/Bestiary), Enchants, Extra quality, 6 sockets/5 links, regular rares (endgame and leveling), magic/normal (leveling)

Gear types with Special Bases (atlas, abyss, talismans and so on) have extra section for them, with similar to above-mentioned highlight rule sets logic.

Customization UI now allows to hide gear types (item classes) you don't want to see at all to better focus on things you may need for your character or quicker endgame farming.

Any valuable or special cases of gear types will always be shown in any preset or customization.

Improved Leveling Gear Progression for each gear type. For magic/white items it also gradually becomes stricter: from many to only 3-4+ linked sockets with good bases.

[5.1] Customization UI now has option to completely hide magic/normal Leveling Bases (useful when you make another character in a league and already have some leveling gear)

Chance bases now disabled by default ([5.1] excluding Lategame preset (not Strict), which considers that you may want to chance some Headhunters)

== More ways to get filters

Filters with presets (Starter, Regular, Lategame, Strict lategame) accessible at:

* Item Filters list at my PoE profile [for PC and Console players]

* FilterNova auto-installer/updater ahk-tool [PC-only]

* FilterBLAST site, which also provides visual preview and customization (filtering options, colors and sounds) [PC, but Consoles may be supported in future]
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
Last edited by Dissolator on Apr 7, 2023, 2:21:54 PM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2023, 7:35:54 AM
It's a shame this didn't get too much attention, I actually really like this filter, very similar to my customized version of Greengroove's.

Enjoy the bump, and the compliment. Please keep it updated too, i've been enjoying it so far.
Added filter's history to main post.
Also working on new version with more deeper customization.

"
It's a shame this didn't get too much attention, I actually really like this filter, very similar to my customized version of Greengroove's.

Enjoy the bump, and the compliment. Please keep it updated too, i've been enjoying it so far.

Thanks! It mostly used by my guildmates, but glad to see other players like it too. It'll be updated over a time as long as FilterBlast and PoE will live :)
Last edited by Dissolator on Aug 20, 2017, 2:57:05 PM
Filter is amazing thank you!

Can you add a option to hide non quality active and support gems which is siosa selling now?
"
umran1966 wrote:
Filter is amazing thank you!

Can you add a option to hide non quality active and support gems which is siosa selling now?

Thanks! That's good idea! I've added that option - now it hides them by default, with exclusion of 1-alch gems like CwDT, GMP etc - those can be a good find at early mapping or for sharing in guild. Also there is only 14 of such, so they will not clutter.
This is a really great loot filter thanks. I was looking for a long time for one that I enjoyed and ran into this one.
Tnx for all the effort you put in making this filter. This is exactly what i was looking for, also tnx for making filter blast and how it is easy to use and modify filters. Keep up good work :)
The filter is updated for 3.0 (and also has some new customization features)
Updated to v3.6:
* Improved strictness logic in Endgame
* Atlas-specific normal and magic items now unaffected by "Crafting bases" UI option and will be always shown
* Offering to the Goddess restored it's red highlight and drop sound, common for Map Fragments category
* Labyrinth Items now have low-value drop sound
* Small improvements of customization UI

This update is not critical, but highly-recommended!
Last edited by Dissolator on Aug 5, 2017, 9:00:13 AM
Updated to v3.6.1:
* Fixed highlight for Harbinger's Shard
* added warning info to Sound Positioning option (it's recommended to keep it turned off, unless you want to expirement)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info