[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

"
Ahutz wrote:
OhOhPaige, thanks for posting this guide.

I've always wanted to play Freezing Pulse, as well as attempt to push through high level maps + some of the endgame content. So, I re-rolled a level 89 Elementalist in Standard League and hopefully I can accomplish my goals and have some fun with this build.

I'm currently running with your suggestions PRIOR to the switch to Frenzy Charges / Ice Bite. However, I'll be shifting to that as soon as I can farm up enough chromatics to recolor my Belly of the Beast, 4 blue is tough to get :)

I do have quite a few questions --

1) For the second "First Snow" jewel, isn't there are only 30 intelligence allocated in its radius, not 40? Am I missing something? I feel like I am, but, every time I count, I can't get to the 40 intelligence required for that jewel node below MoM.

2) I'm caught between the budget build and the "geared" build. I have skyforth boots, and most other gear, but, I do not have the Vaals Accuity gloves, and I'm a long way away from saving up for it. Any suggestions on how to exist in this state of in between?

3) Thoughts on Doryani's Invitation as a belt choice? I like the cold damage, resist and leech. Yet, maybe the leech is redundant with warlords mark and the skill tree node "bloodrinker". However, I'm starting to wonder if I need to get a belt that gives me more life, thoughts? -

3a) My life is low with 4.1k HP / 3k Mana -- I'm struggling with survivability and frequently I'm getting "one-shot" or simply burned down before I can react -

3b) I know my flash set-up is less than ideal. I'm saving up for the flasks listed in your guide. Additionally, I also need to get my Dexterity up so I can acquire Vaal Haste.

3c) What about mixing up the blasphemy set-up and adding another curse with like enfeeble to compliment warlords mark?

3d) As it stands now, I don't really use lightning warp too much, but, once I get the right flasks, I'm sure it will be nice for movement. Currently, if I shifted it to a 4L, do you think there's a supporting skill I could use to help my survivability? I can't use fortify, right?

4) Finally, my gems are shit, and as a result my DPS, and I suspect my survivability from leech, are suffering. I plan to get them upgraded to 20/20s or close ASAP, just running into a currency issue at the moment too. I'll get those upgraded soon and I hope I find the build easier to play then.

----

Regardless, awesome build, I'm struggling with it now, but, I can see its potential, and once I get properly set-up I'm excited to see its full potential. Any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to make this guide and answer my questions.

1) When jewels say they require 40 int within in their radius it means 40 int whether the nodes are picked up or not. So you're correct that we only have 3 nodes within that area, but there's more we haven't taken, which still gives us the benefit of the jewel.

2) We use Acuitys for instant leech, it's going to be impossible to survive without instant leech, that is why I don't recommend using ES for this build anymore. If you don't have acuitys you're going to have to use the budget build tree, minus the Power Charge on Critical Strike gem in your 6L.

3) I've looked at Doryani's Invitation, I wasn't sold on it for a couple reasons. Until we can really max out the tree around 110-120 points, we're running with fairly low HP, you're right. But it's important to remember we also pick up MoM, which is 30% of any damage going into your mana instead. The main reason Doryani's is used is for leech, well, we already leech through Warlord's Mark, and stacking leech does not work. The only time Doryani's would be good is in maps where you can't apply curses or something like that. The damage it gives is not as much as you think either, around 2.5% of our overall DPS. Oh, and btw, you can corrupt The Pandemonious necklace for 0.2% cold damage leech as well, I have one left over on Standard that I can give you.

3a) Are you res capped btw? I feel like you're limiting a lot of your choices by picking up chaos res. Chaos res is very minor, I don't even worry about it personally, right now anyways.

3b) And yes your flasks are not good. Send me a message in-game and I got flasks for you. They are important for survival. Fix your tree if you haven't then see what your Dex ends up at, then just use whatever highest level Vaal Haste you can, having it as level 20 doesn't really matter. It's a very minimal difference.

3c) Adding another curse I wouldn't say is an option currently. You'd have to pick up the node in the passive tree, and then you'd be reserving way more mana, which is also part of our survivability/Life pool.

3d) I wouldn't 4L lightning warp.

4) Yeah you have a couple issues with your setup that's gonna hurt DPS. Switching to the new Ice Bite Support & picking up Frenzy Charge from the tree is gonna give you an overall 30-40%~ damage boost.

Also, like I posted above, right now you have way too much leech going on, and you're getting 0 benefit. You can run just Warlord's Mark and take off the belt and the Life Leech Support gem and you'll be leeching the EXACT same amount than with all 3. I suggest running with Warlord's, changing the belt, switching added cold damage to ice bite support, and either running Empower in your red slot, or running Increased Critical Damage if you can 4B2G your Belly.

Also, since you're playing on Standard league, start saving up for 2 solid daggers or wands (preferably wands if rolled correctly) I was messing around with some things yesterday and it's possible to TRIPLE this builds damage by dual wielding 2 mirror worthy wands. This will also give us some extra passive tree room for more HP or just more damage/crit nodes.

The only reason I went Void Batteries is because there's nothing good in league atm.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 10, 2017, 4:42:29 PM
"
ilostmyfear wrote:
"
"
ilostmyfear wrote:
damn i spent all of my money to swap tree (es->hp)
and now you again change it rofl
also check my charctr, iam doing good or bad ?

Hey I'm not able to view your character.

Also sorry about the tree update, after doing some tests in maps I had to change some things around, but the end result is a much stronger character.

check it now please

Hey your character is coming along nicely, tree and links look good, just need to save up and work on your flasks and gear.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
TheGrammaton wrote:
hello, so what version viable guardian farm?

Haven't gotten to guardians on league yet, I'd assume the acuity + skyforth version with dual VBs or dual rare wands/daggers would work.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Streaming for a bit..

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Hi I know I'm still quite low level and I'm quite a new player, I'm just a little confused on what to aim for at the moment, I don't have that much currency but any chance you can tell me what I should be aiming to upgrade at the moment? thanks in advance! My main problems at the moment are: I don't really do much damage to bosses and also when I get hit, it makes me OOM cos of MoM, any way to counter that? Thanks!
Last edited by shane_rowlands on Aug 10, 2017, 7:29:18 PM
"

1) When jewels say they require 40 int within in their radius it means 40 int whether the nodes are picked up or not. So you're correct that we only have 3 nodes within that area, but there's more we haven't taken, which still gives us the benefit of the jewel.

2) We use Acuitys for instant leech, it's going to be impossible to survive without instant leech, that is why I don't recommend using ES for this build anymore. If you don't have acuitys you're going to have to use the budget build tree, minus the Power Charge on Critical Strike gem in your 6L.

3) I've looked at Doryani's Invitation, I wasn't sold on it for a couple reasons. Until we can really max out the tree around 110-120 points, we're running with fairly low HP, you're right. But it's important to remember we also pick up MoM, which is 30% of any damage going into your mana instead. The main reason Doryani's is used is for leech, well, we already leech through Warlord's Mark, and stacking leech does not work. The only time Doryani's would be good is in maps where you can't apply curses or something like that. The damage it gives is not as much as you think either, around 2.5% of our overall DPS. Oh, and btw, you can corrupt The Pandemonious necklace for 0.2% cold damage leech as well, I have one left over on Standard that I can give you.

3a) Are you res capped btw? I feel like you're limiting a lot of your choices by picking up chaos res. Chaos res is very minor, I don't even worry about it personally, right now anyways.

3b) And yes your flasks are not good. Send me a message in-game and I got flasks for you. They are important for survival. Fix your tree if you haven't then see what your Dex ends up at, then just use whatever highest level Vaal Haste you can, having it as level 20 doesn't really matter. It's a very minimal difference.

3c) Adding another curse I wouldn't say is an option currently. You'd have to pick up the node in the passive tree, and then you'd be reserving way more mana, which is also part of our survivability/Life pool.

3d) I wouldn't 4L lightning warp.

4) Yeah you have a couple issues with your setup that's gonna hurt DPS. Switching to the new Ice Bite Support & picking up Frenzy Charge from the tree is gonna give you an overall 30-40%~ damage boost.

Also, like I posted above, right now you have way too much leech going on, and you're getting 0 benefit. You can run just Warlord's Mark and take off the belt and the Life Leech Support gem and you'll be leeching the EXACT same amount than with all 3. I suggest running with Warlord's, changing the belt, switching added cold damage to ice bite support, and either running Empower in your red slot, or running Increased Critical Damage if you can 4B2G your Belly.

Also, since you're playing on Standard league, start saving up for 2 solid daggers or wands (preferably wands if rolled correctly) I was messing around with some things yesterday and it's possible to TRIPLE this builds damage by dual wielding 2 mirror worthy wands. This will also give us some extra passive tree room for more HP or just more damage/crit nodes.

The only reason I went Void Batteries is because there's nothing good in league atm.

Thanks!

I didn't know that. Been playing the game for almost 1600 hours, feel like an idiot now. So many, ta least recently, wasted skill points picking up oddball int/str/dex nodes.

Right. I've been following the budget build, and did swap out PCOC because I had the Skyforths. In this version the Vaal Pact node is effectively acting as my version of the unique acuity gloves, correct? If so, I think -

My issue likely stems from my DPS output and gear related survivability. So, I'm not doing enough damage to keep myself alive through leeching, and I don't have enough HP on my gear -

OK, so I'll try and swap out the Doryani's as you suggest. By the way, thank you for breaking down those numbers for me. That type of analysis should help me refine my thought process about synergy in builds and better approach the game.

Regarding gearing, all of my gear, except the void batteries, is stuff I tossed together from other builds throughout my time playing PoE. So, my pursuit of chaos resistance was simply a byproduct of pulling the most fitting items from my stash.

I am resistance capped, and my defensive stats are:

Spoiler

4179 Life / 3090 Mana
Armour: 2290 Evasion: 969 ES: 120
Resists - Fire: 75 (85), Cold 75 (152), Lightning 75 (103), Chaos 49.

Additionally, I've followed the suggestions for ascendancy points and pantheon points. Yet, I still need to do uber labyrinth. I haven't even found one of the trials yet to start unlocking it, so frustrating, ha-ha.

Having said that, what are your thoughts on armor or evasion, does it even matter? Or we aren't too worried about direct mitigation since we're basically stacking mana/life to just eat hits? That makes sense, and I understand now why you suggest against adding an additional curse. I had never played a MoM character before. so it's new to me.

On that line of thinking, I definitely see the value in having some of those flasks like the Taste of Hate which converts damage to lightning damage, as that is a serious layer of mitigation -

I appreciate your offer to hook me up with some flasks, but, I'm hesitant to accept any handouts. Despite playing exclusively on standard and doing some very minimal trading. I kind of like the idea of farming up for things and doing the recipes and crap. The idea of being like one lucky drop away from having what you want, I think is what keeps me coming back to the game.

However, if you ever want to run some maps, it would be fun to freeze the shit out of some stuff together. Plus, I probably would die less, and this constant exp loss really grinds my gears.

Yea, I'm going to look for a cheap Ice Bite and work on saving up chromatics to recolor my Belly, or as you suggest hunt for a cheap empower. I did get lucky and snag a better Cold Penetration and Increased Critical this evening for good prices.

Anyways, thanks again for the information. I'll keep the thread updated on my progress with this build.
Last edited by Ahutz on Aug 10, 2017, 7:59:12 PM
"
Hi I know I'm still quite low level and I'm quite a new player, I'm just a little confused on what to aim for at the moment, I don't have that much currency but any chance you can tell me what I should be aiming to upgrade at the moment? thanks in advance! My main problems at the moment are: I don't really do much damage to bosses and also when I get hit, it makes me OOM cos of MoM, any way to counter that? Thanks!

In my limited experience, I would make sure you have warlords mark aura/curse active with blasphemy. It's a big boost to survivability and I think it will help with your mana/life leech issues.

Additionally, work on using your vaal skills for survivability. Save up the souls and then pop them when you get to tough bosses or tough rares. At least that what I do and it seems to work out, when I remember to use them, ha-ha.

I'm pushing 98K DPS when my power charges are all active and I'm really churning, I know it's not a lot, but even at that DPS level, I too find it difficult to melt bosses in T10 maps. I think I read that the game developers buffed the HP of bosses in this 3.0 patch.

If you're on standard and want to play togetehr, add me and we can compare builds/gear and see if there is something one of is doing right/wrong that the other isn't.

Good luck.
Any other recommendations for another body while using the cheap build? BotB is around 90c atm.
Before you can get your hands on acuity, should you pick up vaal pact?
"
elaijtslol wrote:
Before you can get your hands on acuity, should you pick up vaal pact?

Yes.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info