[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
It comes at the price of lower defenses.

Then facetanks shaper slam. I like what i see here.

I am looking for a league starter build for 3.0 to farm mostly uber aztubi in the first days and WI seems like the weapon of choice. No need for a 6 link, easy scaling with mostly int gear and cheap starter gear.

How easy is uber atziri for you with this WI variant?

Also, since i mainly aim for boss kills, what do you think if i don't take any aoe nodes so my icestorm shards hit more often?
Builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813247
Challenge boss kill services : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814668
Last edited by SUPEROUMAN on Jan 5, 2017, 8:38:01 AM
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
It comes at the price of lower defenses.

Then facetanks shaper slam. I like what i see here.

I am looking for a league starter build for 3.0 to farm mostly uber aztubi in the first days and WI seems like the weapon of choice. No need for a 6 link, easy scaling with mostly int gear and cheap starter gear.

How easy is uber atziri for you with this WI variant?

Also, since i mainly aim for boss kills, what do you think if i don't take any aoe nodes so my icestorm shards hit more often?

Lower defenses are mostly about non-bosses. Berserker is more vulnerable to things like volatile blood -maxres. I've died to random stuff that you can encounter while mapping in high tiers with lots of mods, more often than to the actual bosses in this league. The boss fights are well known and predictable, it's the other things that require paying attention that can kill you. Elementalist and Inquisitor have a larger safety cushion there.

I haven't bothered with Uber Atziri in the Breach league yet, just destroyed the regular one every time I got a prophecy for her. I imagine Uber would be easier than ever. CwC allows you to pre-cast 14 Icestorms before triggering the fights. And you get a free gem slot. That means you can kill the Vaals before they even finish the first animation (VLT + pre-cast), as well as the archer bitch (pre-cast), and get the first phase of Atziri instantly by pre-casting too. Berserker's tooltip is higher than the other versions too. Berserker gets extra 15% movespeed - nice for dodging Uber's 1-shot attacks. And with SR-CwC you are never stuck in your animation, you can move at any time.

I'll probably do Uber just for fun some time soon and make a new video to show how SR-CwC works there.

Currently, the dilemma is when to use LL for more leech and when to use an extra DPS gem for kill speed. LL makes the Shaper really safe and comfortable, and it's not that much slower than with CD because your DPS doesn't make the bubble or portal phase any faster, and the Shaper himself dies quickly enough both ways. But in other places (Uber Atziri, Izaro, etc) you don't get to facetank a constant stream of damage and having more DPS is better.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: unlike the other versions of the build, Berserker can actually use Leap Slam for more than just getting Fortify. For this class it's a decent movement skill.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 5, 2017, 1:40:18 PM
Hey Kelvynn, played your Templar and Witch versions in previous leagues.

Now I'm testing the Berserker. Lvl 83 and on my way to get Whispers of Doom at lvl 88.

After that, I plan on going 90, so I'll probably get Ancestral Knowledge and call it. Don't know if I'll have the will to go forward cause I already levelled 3 toons to 90+ in Breach league.

I'm willing to farm the Shaper with WI and maybe Chayula... Problem is, I's stuck at 7.5k ES and don't see how I'm gonna get more than that.

As I capped my resistances early on, with a chain belt I had in stash, I opted out Faith and Steel and Nullification to get the two curses effectiveness near Whispers of Doom.

Do you consider that amount of ES comfortable to farm the Shaper?

In regards of the amount of intelligence, I tried to get the most I could out of my gear, but I had a hard time with currency, so it is what it is right now. Can you give me some impressions and advices on what to improve?

Of course a crystal belt would be the go to for now, but I don't think I would be able to solve the resistances cap issue without needing to change boots and gloves. Losing my chain belt stats would cripple me too much right now and I lack the currency to get GG pieces.

EDIT: I forgot to link my tree. Appreciate if you can check it too. It seems I missed something when following your guide, cause I am one skill point behind your guide. Couldn't discover what is the problem: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWFdcabBzcHU8dvh8CIZAkNyUnKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fLagzhzW5NsU8BTwtPV9Bh0VHRnFHBkyzUEJRdFJTVkhWY11JXfJfKl9qX7Bf0GZUZ5tsCG0Zb557jH_GgpuCx4MJg1-DzIP3hMWFe4auh2WMNo7pjxqPRo_6kyeVIJf0m7WdrqEvoi6io6aZpwinK6dtrj6vm7GQtAy1BLc-uJO-gL6KvwjAZsHFwfPDOsauykrK09Af0NDVptgk2-fg2OQi6hDr5Ovu7BjsOO987-vxivhf-eg=?accountName=opethsland&characterName=WhisperingAsh
Last edited by opethsland on Jan 6, 2017, 3:15:30 PM
"
opethsland wrote:
Hey Kelvynn, played your Templar and Witch versions in previous leagues.

Now I'm testing the Berserker. Lvl 83 and on my way to get Whispers of Doom at lvl 88.

After that, I plan on going 90, so I'll probably get Ancestral Knowledge and call it. Don't know if I'll have the will to go forward cause I already levelled 3 toons to 90+ in Breach league.

I'm willing to farm the Shaper with WI and maybe Chayula... Problem is, I's stuck at 7.5k ES and don't see how I'm gonna get more than that.

As I capped my resistances early on, with a chain belt I had in stash, I opted out Faith and Steel and Nullification to get the two curses effectiveness near Whispers of Doom.

Do you consider that amount of ES comfortable to farm the Shaper?

In regards of the amount of intelligence, I tried to get the most I could out of my gear, but I had a hard time with currency, so it is what it is right now. Can you give me some impressions and advices on what to improve?
Spoiler

Of course a crystal belt would be the go to for now, but I don't think I would be able to solve the resistances cap issue without needing to change boots and gloves. Losing my chain belt stats would cripple me too much right now and I lack the currency to get GG pieces.

EDIT: I forgot to link my tree. Appreciate if you can check it too. It seems I missed something when following your guide, cause I am one skill point behind your guide. Couldn't discover what is the problem: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWFdcabBzcHU8dvh8CIZAkNyUnKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fLagzhzW5NsU8BTwtPV9Bh0VHRnFHBkyzUEJRdFJTVkhWY11JXfJfKl9qX7Bf0GZUZ5tsCG0Zb557jH_GgpuCx4MJg1-DzIP3hMWFe4auh2WMNo7pjxqPRo_6kyeVIJf0m7WdrqEvoi6io6aZpwinK6dtrj6vm7GQtAy1BLc-uJO-gL6KvwjAZsHFwfPDOsauykrK09Af0NDVptgk2-fg2OQi6hDr5Ovu7BjsOO987-vxivhf-eg=?accountName=opethsland&characterName=WhisperingAsh

Your chest and boots have very low Int. Between that and the belt you are essentially lacking 2 jewels worth of damage. And then I don't know what jewels you are using either. But if you have only 7.1k ES then I suspect your Int is somewhere in 1300-1400 range? That would result in pretty low DPS.

I don't think this is enough to farm the Shaper comfortably, although you can try. Actually, try Hydra first (no +damage or -resist mods). If she wrecks you too easily (more than once or twice) then you aren't ready for the Shaper either.

IMO you'd do better if you followed the build. The resist nodes you dropped also give some ES. And they would allow you to use items with higher Int. Which would result in higher DPS and ES too.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 6, 2017, 11:31:31 PM
how you kapp your ressistens????
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Your chest and boots have very low Int. Between that and the belt you are essentially lacking 2 jewels worth of damage. And then I don't know what jewels you are using either. But if you have only 7.1k ES then I suspect your Int is somewhere in 1300-1400 range? That would result in pretty low DPS.

I don't think this is enough to farm the Shaper comfortably, although you can try. Actually, try Hydra first (no +damage or -resist mods). If she wrecks you too easily (more than once or twice) then you aren't ready for the Shaper either.

IMO you'd do better if you followed the build. The resist nodes you dropped also give some ES. And they would allow you to use items with higher Int. Which would result in higher DPS and ES too.

I did some selling and got better gear.

Spoiler

Reached 8.3k ES and 1442 Int. With Inc AoE, I have 6.7k avg dmg with Icestorm and 10.8k with Conc Effect.

Talking about my belt, I was thinking about removing the crafted ES and putting increased ele dmg with weapons. Do you think it's worth?

Respecced the tree to get Faith and Steel and Nullification. As you said, the amount of ES I was losing by not taking those nodes were noticeable.

From now on, I'll just stick to the 91 tree. Maybe 92 to get the 2 curse effectiveness nodes near Whispers of Doom.

Anyway, reaching 9.6k ES is unreal for me. I hope I can farm the Shaper with just 8.5k ish. Not tanking the slams for sure, lol.

Just out of curiosity, how much intelligence do you have? From what I've seen in the OP, your gear is pretty good, but you must have upgraded it to reach that high ES and that impressive 12k avg dmg, don't you?
Last edited by opethsland on Jan 7, 2017, 12:54:46 PM
"
Bully91 wrote:
how you kapp your ressistens????

The tree, gear and stats are in the top post.

Is it worth to remove the crafted flat ES and craft increased elemental dmg with weapons?

Does the damage increase make out for the ES loss?
"
opethsland wrote:
I did some selling and got better gear.

Spoiler

Reached 8.3k ES and 1442 Int. With Inc AoE, I have 6.7k avg dmg with Icestorm and 10.8k with Conc Effect.

Much better! Especially with some gems still not 20/20. That should be enough for T16 and Shaper, but use LL for him instead of CD. A little slower but much more safe. In the Shaper video I was using the setup with LL and my Icestorm tooltip was 8.5k.

Vendor your 20/0 CoH + GCP. The level on CoH doesn't really matter, it's all about 20q.

"
Talking about my belt, I was thinking about removing the crafted ES and putting increased ele dmg with weapons. Do you think it's worth?

No. WED only works with attacks.

"
Anyway, reaching 9.6k ES is unreal for me. I hope I can farm the Shaper with just 8.5k ish. Not tanking the slams for sure, lol.

Shaper Slam does 5.5k damage. You can easily tank it with the recommended flasks (see the Boss Guide). They are enough for 2 slams and it will never be more than 2 per phase unless you run around and dodge (i.e. make the fight longer).

"
Just out of curiosity, how much intelligence do you have? From what I've seen in the OP, your gear is pretty good, but you must have upgraded it to reach that high ES and that impressive 12k avg dmg, don't you?

The gear and stats in the top post are from the same time. 1535 Int. You are probably 1 jewel short, and perhaps need some better jewels. Also, 21/20 gems.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 7, 2017, 2:18:18 PM
Really interesting build. Never leveled a Whispering Ice build nor played it, nevermind leveling as CI even lmao. The amount of detail and time put into this guide is also insane. Good job Kelvynn, respecks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info