[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
kolton wrote:
It's cool to see that you're trying out different class variants for WI. Berserker definitely looks good.
Have you tried playing without Warlord's Mark? It seems like it's not as important as in other variants.
By the way, Raider definitely looks interesting for a future project.

At first I went without both WM and LL (that was the original suggestion) and it was fun and tons of DPS but a bit too 'glass cannon' when I started working my way through the Atlas doing rare/corrupted maps. And my gear was pretty poor too. After a few deaths to random bad map mod/bloodline/nemesis combos I started doubting Berserker's survivability and decided to go with WM and LL to see if this version is viable for the endgame at all, and wait till I get decent gear before making any conclusions. Now I see that Berserker is definitely viable with appropriate gear, perhaps even too safe (I don't even notice the Shaper clone being there, his attacks don't seem to make any difference; I'll make a Shaper video some time soon). So now is a good time to think about trading some of that extra leech for extra damage again. We'll see...

I was considering Raider as a Ranger version candidate but it looked too weak back in 2.3 and 2.4. The new buffs make it look a lot more interesting. Of course, the next league is 3.0 and the game balance may change completely. I won't even bother making any plans until GGG announce the balance changes for 3.0.
hi, what do you think about the practical application node above witch area for stun protection?
Hi Kelvynn, how reliable is the beserker stun immunity? I'm playing this build at the moment. It's great but I've specced into the stun immunity on the tree until I get the ascendancy. I'm worried about boss fights when I change to the beserker stun immunity. Thanks.
"
wxn7465 wrote:
hi, what do you think about the practical application node above witch area for stun protection?

It does not protect against stun. It gives you a chance to finish casting the current spell. I'm not sure how it works with the new channelled spells, but the danger of stun for this build is about getting stunned before you even start casting, so Practical Application wouldn't be helpful.

"
Subliminal89 wrote:
Hi Kelvynn, how reliable is the beserker stun immunity? I'm playing this build at the moment. It's great but I've specced into the stun immunity on the tree until I get the ascendancy. I'm worried about boss fights when I change to the beserker stun immunity. Thanks.

You haven't done Cruel Lab yet? You really should do it, it's not hard. Stun is not an issue until maps. You can get to the Merc Lake without worrying about stun, level up to 68 and do the labs (see the leveling guide).

It is very reliable as long as you keep moving and killing, i.e. enjoy the clear speed. Very few bosses can stun you too much to kill you and don't have adds, they are mentioned above: Merveil in maps, Rigwald and Chimera. My Atlas completion in the Breach league is 120/126, I've done it all myself and only died to stun on those 3 bosses, 1 time each, learned the lesson, brought The Writhing Jar and never got stunned again.

The solo bosses are not the reason to get stun immunity. You can get stun-locked mostly by multiple enemies attacking you at once. But that's exactly when Berserker becomes immune to stun.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 28, 2016, 4:22:57 AM
New video: Deathless Shaper kill

This is how the Shaper fight goes with the Berserker. He's more mobile and reactive than the other versions (at least until I switch them to SR-CwC too) and leeches more ES. I brought the Writhing Jar to leech even more in the final part with the clone but never needed it (or Vaal Discipline for that matter). This is too safe! :) I'll try Flammability instead of WM next time and see if trading some leech for DPS is a good idea. If not for the dangers of the red bubble phase (surprise attack from outside of the screen is the worst!) I'd even consider doing it in HC.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 28, 2016, 10:46:16 AM
Reserved.
Thanks for sharing!!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
wxn7465 wrote:

It does not protect against stun. It gives you a chance to finish casting the current spell. I'm not sure how it works with the new channelled spells, but the danger of stun for this build is about getting stunned before you even start casting, so Practical Application wouldn't be helpful.

"
Subliminal89 wrote:

You haven't done Cruel Lab yet? You really should do it, it's not hard. Stun is not an issue until maps. You can get to the Merc Lake without worrying about stun, level up to 68 and do the labs (see the leveling guide).

It is very reliable as long as you keep moving and killing, i.e. enjoy the clear speed. Very few bosses can stun you too much to kill you and don't have adds, they are mentioned above: Merveil in maps, Rigwald and Chimera. My Atlas completion in the Breach league is 120/126, I've done it all myself and only died to stun on those 3 bosses, 1 time each, learned the lesson, brought The Writhing Jar and never got stunned again.

The solo bosses are not the reason to get stun immunity. You can get stun-locked mostly by multiple enemies attacking you at once. But that's exactly when Berserker becomes immune to stun.

Thanks so much for the detailed response mate. I'm comfortable up to Merc lab. I've never done uber though - that's what I'm worried about. I just haven't bothered with cruel lab because I've got the stun immunity from tree. Will be speccing out ASAP though.
"
Subliminal89 wrote:
I'm comfortable up to Merc lab. I've never done uber though - that's what I'm worried about. I just haven't bothered with cruel lab because I've got the stun immunity from tree. Will be speccing out ASAP though.

Uber Lab is not a problem at all, see the video in the top post. One phys mitigation flask (Basalt or Granite) is all you need to survive even the max buffed Izaro. And maxed resists of course.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
(at least until I switch them to SR-CwC too)

I'm using your Scion version of this. When are you planning to post the SR-CwC versions? I'd like to try it. Sounds cool.
Last edited by Luvz on Dec 29, 2016, 4:16:11 PM
"
Luvz wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
(at least until I switch them to SR-CwC too)

I'm using your Scion version of this. When are you planning to post the SR-CwC versions? I'd like to try it. Sounds cool.

I'll take a look at the Scion during the holidays. Already decided to go with Ele+Jugg and SR+CwC, the only question is whether AoF+CtF+Perandus will still be better than Pyre+points+gem or not. Before the switch to CwC, it was CtF vs CD. But now its CtF vs an even stronger gem, so I dunno... Perandus is expensive, Pyre is cheap and helps with resists... Perhaps the main version of the Scion build will use Pyre like everybody else, and Perandus will be a luxury upgrade at high levels when you have good gear and enough Int.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info