[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Important update:

- Enlighten is no longer used. It was just carried over from the pre-CwC era but you have enough mana to spam SR without it. This frees up a gem socket for anything you like: Vaal Discipline (a.k.a the 'Oh Shit!' button), Vall Lightning Trap (some bosses are not immune to shock), Lightning Warp (for the lab and trials), etc. I couldn't think of any gem that would be a major upgrade. Ideas are welcome.

- This also means cheaper helm coloring (can go with BBRG and put AA in it).

- Dropped Life Leech in favor of more damage. Pain Reaver is enough, except for ele reflect maps.

The choice what to drop is between LL and WM (replace WM with Flammability). I tried dropping both but that proved to be too unsafe in high tiers with mods. But dropping one of them seems to work fine. I decided to drop LL and keep WM because it provides stun and endurance charges, and the effect of Flammability is greatly reduced against the bosses.

Now the tooltip is quite insane and this version may just be the highest DPS of them all.

Icestorm tooltip in hideout

Icestorm stats in combat (with Elemental Overload and Pain Reaver)

Wait where was the Life leech originally linked to the gear you posted had no LL gem in it.
"
Wait where was the Life leech originally linked to the gear you posted had no LL gem in it.

I already updated the gear. LL was in the staff instead of CD. The staff with LL had 4 blue sockets (linked) and 2 red sockets (unlinked). Now it has 5L blue sockets and 1 unlinked red socket (FP does nothing for SR and doesn't need to be linked).

Actually, I just got a new staff for it and kept my old 4B2R one for Uul-Netol and Chayula since they require Inc Duraion instead of CE. But that's just a particular thing in this league. If you can afford to run Chayula you most definitely can afford to buy a separate staff for it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 2, 2017, 2:58:06 AM
Been following your guide and I really like the build. It's a bit difficult gearing for earlier on w/o spending alot of currency I find, but that might just be due to me not having played this game alot. Anyway, thanks I really look forward to trying this out in maps and such.

Now, as I mentioned, I haven't played a whoe lot and I'm not familiar with all the mtx / outfit people are wearing, so I can't tell what kind of gear you use in your video. I really like that golden look with the cape and weapon effect, so if you wouldn't mind telling me, that would be awesome :)
Changed LL to CD and tried t16 and shaper yesterday. t16 is as easy as witch WI. But failed dealing with shaper.. Have you tried fighting shaper after changing LL to CD? How was it going? (with roughly same ES and DPS with CD as yours..probably I need to watch more closely your video to understand the tricks better. :-))
Hey Kelvynn,

I am missing some ES compared to you. I know my chest could be better and the same could be said with my helmet/staff, as I am missing 6 percent int gain compared to you. Anything else I am missing that can beef up my 6.5K ES? Levels help a lot? Also gotta throw on my crystal belt so that should put me closer to 7k once I get there, but how do I make up the other 2k like what you have? :O

"
wxn7465 wrote:
Changed LL to CD and tried t16 and shaper yesterday. t16 is as easy as witch WI. But failed dealing with shaper.. Have you tried fighting shaper after changing LL to CD? How was it going? (with roughly same ES and DPS with CD as yours..probably I need to watch more closely your video to understand the tricks better. :-))

I just did a Shaper kill with CD to check it out. Still deathless :)

It goes visibly faster, but it's more demanding now. It's harder to outleech the damage while tanking in the beam and a vortex. I'd say the gear requirement is higher with CD. You must produce about as much damage as my tooltip with CD above.

It's a good point though. Safety is more important than speed. Perhaps a separate staff with 4B2R for the Shaper and Uul/Chayla (those two need the 2nd red socket for Inc Duration).

The main survival trick is to always drop the Orb near the Shaper first before starting to tank. And conversely, the most common mistake is forgetting to drop or refresh the Orb.

"
Loje wrote:
Now, as I mentioned, I haven't played a whoe lot and I'm not familiar with all the mtx / outfit people are wearing, so I can't tell what kind of gear you use in your video. I really like that golden look with the cape and weapon effect, so if you wouldn't mind telling me, that would be awesome :)

The exact items are in the Gear-My Gear section.

"
markness wrote:
Hey Kelvynn,

I am missing some ES compared to you. I know my chest could be better and the same could be said with my helmet/staff, as I am missing 6 percent int gain compared to you. Anything else I am missing that can beef up my 6.5K ES? Levels help a lot? Also gotta throw on my crystal belt so that should put me closer to 7k once I get there, but how do I make up the other 2k like what you have? :O

You are lv 76. Yes, 16 levels will add a whole lot. And what you mentioned about the gear.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 4, 2017, 12:57:39 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

It's a good point though. Safety is more important than speed. Perhaps a separate staff with 4B2R for the Shaper and Uul/Chayla (those two need the 2nd red socket for Inc Duration).

The main survival trick is to always drop the Orb near the Shaper first before starting to tank. And conversely, the most common mistake is forgetting to drop or refresh the Orb.

Thanks for checking this out. Much appreciated. You really just pointed out the mistake I've made due to being so nervous when fighting with shaper and forgetting to drop/refresh the orb. Then I think I will switch back using LL for all the situations to be safe.
Hi, thanks for the idea, I'm building this right now.
One question: your current items do not provide you with capped resists:

74 fire
63 cold
78 light

how does it play out in higher tiers? How are you doing in -res/ele weakness maps?

Cheers
Hey Kelvyn!
First of all congrats for your amazing build. Easily the most addicted build that I ever met. :)

Last league I tried the Templar version, but something went wrong. I died a lot of times, reflect was a serious pain, well I got a lot of frustration.
This league I started with the Witch version and the happiness back to my PoE! :)

In your opinion should I have a chance to Berserker version? How do you perform against reflect maps?
Do you have any advices to my actual gear?

Spoiler

Thanks again mate!! Cheers!!
"
anone wrote:
Hi, thanks for the idea, I'm building this right now.
One question: your current items do not provide you with capped resists:

74 fire
63 cold
78 light

how does it play out in higher tiers? How are you doing in -res/ele weakness maps?

Cheers

My resists in Merciless/maps are 84/73/88. I guess you forgot about Kraityn.

73 Cold doesn't make any difference. In the two encounters where cold is the primary damage (Shaper and Hydra) I use PoI.

"
LeoTristao wrote:
Hey Kelvyn!
First of all congrats for your amazing build. Easily the most addicted build that I ever met. :)

Last league I tried the Templar version, but something went wrong. I died a lot of times, reflect was a serious pain, well I got a lot of frustration.
This league I started with the Witch version and the happiness back to my PoE! :)

In your opinion should I have a chance to Berserker version? How do you perform against reflect maps?
Do you have any advices to my actual gear?

Spoiler

Thanks again mate!! Cheers!!

Very nice gear! You'll be fine with any version of the build. Just finish leveling the gems. And that CoH 21/0 is useless, sell it. CoH needs to have 20 (ideally 23) quality, it adds curse efficiency.

Berserker is really good against reflect, can't just completely ignore it even with EW -maxres like the Witch, but without those nasty combos you don't even notice it thanks to extra leech (hmm... I guess that's another case where we use LL... I wonder if we should bother with CD at all...).

The main trick against reflect for the non-Witch versions is to wear

in the left slot instead of Doedre's. Berserker doesn't really need that, but it makes you safer against bosses in reflect maps. Inquisitor really does need that ring.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 4, 2017, 12:48:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info