[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
LastMagus wrote:
all in all, if u hit 7+k tooltip u can kill everything in the game. but i'm still curious if self cast would be that bad as opposed to scorching ray and losing dps gems.

le: actually i'm confident that as far as int goes, the build will hit bigger numbers this league by dropping pyre for signet.

Self-cast is viable. But getting stuck in the casting animation is pretty annoying, especially for the class that doesn't get a lot of casting speed. And you'd need Enlighten and Deep Thoughts for self-cast.

Int will be higher, of course. That's reflected in the higher ES. But the conversion ratio of Int to damage is lower with CtF than it was with EF, so the overall DPS is slightly lower.

never really had a problem with getting stuck really, i think the initial delay is going to be very similar to that of the cwc and the build can one shot packs really early in maps.So as far as mapping goes i don't have concerns, maybe i'll have to play a bit safer in hard boss fights like uber/shaper/chimera/hydra

My main concern is leveling it until 33-39. Unless i know i can get the required gear I can't really follow the old tree. I'm gonna either have to go into melee passives or travel to templar and do firestorm/flameblast totems and respec later. Probably the safest approach is to go caster since it's easier to scale damage than hoping for good attack weapon drops. Also i will be leveling all the gems for WI in my weapon swap so i can then test cwc vs self cast.

also the writhing jar goes a long way in uber and shaper so i really don't think there's a need for the life leech gem.

I'm just hoping for a generous cadiro and a fast astramentis. actually many many astramentis so i can hit that+ 1 curse on one
So I'm playing this build in Legacy, definitely enjoy it more than self cast WI builds. My main issue is stuns. The Berserker ascendancy works fine IF I kill things in time, but sometimes I'm moving so fast that I run/jump into groups and get stunlocked to death (because I hadn't killed recently). With that said, is it viable to path down to Unwavering Stance? I see plenty of Strength nodes and a jewel socket in the Marauder area that I can use a Brute Force Solution. What do you guys think? Worth? Looks like I'd need a total of 10 extra points to get Unwavering Stance, which I can probably afford if I take a few points out of Templar area and extra jewel slots. (Templar jewel/Shadow jewel)
"
So I'm playing this build in Legacy, definitely enjoy it more than self cast WI builds. My main issue is stuns. The Berserker ascendancy works fine IF I kill things in time, but sometimes I'm moving so fast that I run/jump into groups and get stunlocked to death (because I hadn't killed recently). With that said, is it viable to path down to Unwavering Stance? I see plenty of Strength nodes and a jewel socket in the Marauder area that I can use a Brute Force Solution. What do you guys think? Worth? Looks like I'd need a total of 10 extra points to get Unwavering Stance, which I can probably afford if I take a few points out of Templar area and extra jewel slots. (Templar jewel/Shadow jewel)

get a worm jar. i had this issue until i bought one, they're trivial to kill whenever and they trigger rite of ruin great
Just want to thank OP for the solid build. Rerolled a berserker to this build with the free passive reset and was able to face tank T15 Colosseum boss with crappy gear (6K ES, 3.7k tooltip DPS), was a bit shaky due to low ES but killed him nontheless. Thumbs up!
IGN: KIRENO
So... Astramentis is a good 80 chaos right now. Is that normal? Can it be replaced?
"
vance_OH wrote:
So... Astramentis is a good 80 chaos right now. Is that normal? Can it be replaced?

it's normal price
"
vance_OH wrote:

I didn't get an Astramentis until 82, after I did Uber Lab a few times. Until then I was using a 67 INT/40 STR/24 Dex amulet (with 37 cold resist).

And I wasn't using a Black Sun Crest either (still not, actually, can't make up the 53 total resists my current helm provides, and my chest is only 600 ES).

So no, you don't NEED Astramentis, but it makes gearing a lot easier, since you won't have to find STR or DEX on the rest of your stuff, and don't forget, STR/DEX/INT competes with resists for the suffix slots, and you're already burning one suffix for INT.

You can thank the HoWA builds for jacking up the price of Astramentis and Fertile Mind in this league (though Astra is always expensive-ish).

I'd recommend doing a live search on poe.trade, plug in your max price (like 50 or 60c) and/or your desired stats, set it to web sockets, sound on, and wait for the ding. I scored a +92 for 65c thanks to live search, and had a +80 show up for 45c yesterday.
Last edited by Capozzi on Mar 9, 2017, 12:56:27 AM
Even without HOWA, Astramentis has always been priced around 1-2 ex depending on the roll. The only exception was the Perandus league where it just rained uniques.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Even without HOWA, Astramentis has always been priced around 1-2 ex depending on the roll. The only exception was the Perandus league where it just rained uniques.

Yeah, though right now it's cheaper this league than it was in Breach. My first two Astramentis finds (one random drop, one prophecy) sold for 125 and 110c (one +88, one +86), with Exalts being about the same value (50-55c).

Price drop might be because HoWA is harder to get this league reducing demand, combined with Perandus being a thing again and increasing supply is keeping the prices a bit more reasonable.
instead of astramentis can i run Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info