[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

Is pyre really that horrible now? at least for now I can use one to round out my resists. I may have to swap over to Signet eventually though. What about dropping the 3rd curse and using those 4 points elsewhere? And maybe slot in vortex or something on the cwdt?

And I'll just use a carnage heart until I can pony up the cash for an Astra
Last edited by Zietlogik on Mar 9, 2017, 9:22:29 PM
"
Zietlogik wrote:
Is pyre really that horrible now? at least for now I can use one to round out my resists. I may have to swap over to Signet eventually though. What about dropping the 3rd curse and using those 4 points elsewhere? And maybe slot in vortex or something on the cwdt?

i also don't think 3 curses are necessary, and they also make it very hard to gear the char. however, u really need 2 curses. i keep wm on blasphemy and enfeeble in cwdt / orb of storms for hard bosses. i prefer enfeeble over temp chains because it mitigates more damage in maps, makes me insanely hard to hit most of the time. argus barely touches me with stibnite up and enfeeble on him. there is no reason to drop the +1 curse on the tree in favor of +1 curse ring. u can get more out of a rare ring than 3-4 points for the curse on the tree. one affordable ring can give u 2 good res, int and flat es. not to mention the things u can craft if you get your hands on opal rings or unset rings for +2/3 to gems and using that for your discipline slot.

if u really want to drop something but still finish all map mods, keep +1 curse on the tree, drop doedre's. if you roll only easy mods u can drop enfeeble too but there's not much else you can slot in, that would help you more than enfeeble does.
"
tannakhan wrote:
instead of astramentis can i run Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet

Yes, the new version of Carnage Heart that doesn't reduce your ES is fine for leveling. But you need a high roll, and even the perfect one is only 56 Int. You can get 70+ Int on rare amulets, plus other stats and resists. Still, it's an option now.

"
Zietlogik wrote:

Yes, Pyre is horrible now. You can use it to help with resists, but you can get a lot more resists on a rare ring with Int.

You can go with 2 curses until the endgame. But you will want all 3 eventually.

CWDT Vortex is pointless for this build. Icestorm already produces chilling ground.

"
LastMagus wrote:
i also don't think 3 curses are necessary, and they also make it very hard to gear the char. however, u really need 2 curses.

How is Hydra going for you without TC? ;)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 10, 2017, 2:13:22 PM
hydra is the most nasty thing for this build imo. but i still don't need 3 curses for it. i use tc insead of enfeeble. well that was last league, still need some more gear before i go do guardians but i'll probably do the same thing. once you get to a certain point of %int, every bit of extra flat u can squeeze in gives so much in return.

i just like having more dps on the build :) that's all. with a bit of luck on gear, this league's beserker might have significant more dps than the last one.

le: if you manage ur resists right you can mitigate a lot of dmg by using the new resists flask.this should come in handy for both hydra and shaper. i haven't even capped my cold and lightning res and i can't remember the last time i died to elemental spikes or anything like that.
Last edited by LastMagus on Mar 10, 2017, 5:06:38 PM
"
LastMagus wrote:
"
Zietlogik wrote:

i also don't think 3 curses are necessary, and they also make it very hard to gear the char. however, u really need 2 curses. i keep wm on blasphemy and enfeeble in cwdt / orb of storms for hard bosses. i prefer enfeeble over temp chains because it mitigates more damage in maps, makes me insanely hard to hit most of the time. argus barely touches me with stibnite up and enfeeble on him. there is no reason to drop the +1 curse on the tree in favor of +1 curse ring. u can get more out of a rare ring than 3-4 points for the curse on the tree. one affordable ring can give u 2 good res, int and flat es. not to mention the things u can craft if you get your hands on opal rings or unset rings for +2/3 to gems and using that for your discipline slot.

if u really want to drop something but still finish all map mods, keep +1 curse on the tree, drop doedre's. if you roll only easy mods u can drop enfeeble too but there's not much else you can slot in, that would help you more than enfeeble does.

Aight, I already made the swap to signet now anyways, so i'll have to go hard on gloves/boots/chest res. It will just take some time to get the links for a double curse chest (unless I buy a Jeweller's Touch) and an unset ring for disc.
"
LastMagus wrote:
hydra is the most nasty thing for this build imo. but i still don't need 3 curses for it.

That's BECAUSE you don't use 3 curses. ;)
Hello,

I decided to test the marauder version this time(I had tested the Scion there are 2 leagues).

First observation, the build is still as impressive :)

I'm currently level 87 and I slowly increase the level of the maps,(Shaper Strand :p )

I will try to change my boots, gloves, belt soon to go to the serious things.

My gear atm:

Thank's again Kelvynn!
Last edited by vick666 on Mar 12, 2017, 10:34:28 AM
I change my gloves & my shoes:

9009 Es with discipline level 19.
6257 in my HO
Last edited by vick666 on Mar 12, 2017, 11:33:31 AM
Sitting at almost 1.7k int with at least 200 more int to get from gear i'm killing izaro instantly even fully buffed. did rigwald just to see what it's like, since i missed talisman league but that was also a joke. i haven't had much luck selling stuff from uber lab to afford shaper and uber atziri sets but i know i'll kill them once i get there. at this point i'm 2k tooltip behind last league by dropping controlled destruction for cold to fire.

overall the build should be stronger this league. the added cold/fire enchant for the boots is godly, and the new unique resists and pen flask is op. i still don't have my cold and lightning res capped and i'm mapping / farming lab with no problems (the only struggle comes in group carries if i run out of flask charges). The extra leech enchant is not worth it at all for maps, the 3% beserker is more than enough.

got the emperor's mastery, gonna keep farming to get emperor's wit also. I hope to hit 1.9k int on the char before i retire it. maybe 2k if i decide to min max every piece of rare gear. i also dropped basalt for granite flask, it gives a bit more phys reduction. i'm also not using fortify, i'd rather keep a phasing setup for the lab runs, and i never needed fortify on anything so far. The only instances it would be helpful, are maybe some guardians, but with just 57% chance to hit, if i'm unlucky i'll waste so much time trying to get fortify up instead of doing dmg.

as fun as the beserker version is (and with the new flask it is far superior to witch and inquisitor because of the pen / ele weakness cap and built in leech) i doubt i will be playing WI in future leagues. I don't have a good feeling about what the new tree will bring with 3.0 , and overall it's getting more and more expensive to play with each league. I got insane luck with some drops that I could afford to start with it and keep going, but it was also non stop grinding in crappy maps until I got the helm and astramentis. As a league starter, i'd say it's no longer a good choice. If you want a lab farmer or atziri farmer early in the league, WI is no longer an option. Took me 3 days of non stop farming to get the gear required for uber lab max key runs, and by that time there were plenty of other, cheaper builds doing it.

Maybe in part because of HOWA builds sharing int items or people just realizing how important int rolls are for WI builds, gear is very expensive and it's just not fun anymore.

Next time I'll make a WI char it will be after i have obscene amounts currency and I just want an afk-type boss killer.

So, in conclusion.. Beserker WI excelent dps/leech with built in stun immunity, great at farming endgame content, but not a get rich quick scheme anymore.
"
LastMagus wrote:
i never needed fortify on anything so far. The only instances it would be helpful, are maybe some guardians, but with just 57% chance to hit, if i'm unlucky i'll waste so much time trying to get fortify up instead of doing dmg.

I have a new setup for it, just haven't had time to update the builds. Try this:

I love fast Leap Slam as a movement skill. And once you are facetanking something that warrants using Forify - hit VS.

I tried VS in the past and hated it, it was too hard to target. But they changed something about single target skills in one of the recent patches, and now VS is basically an instant Fortify button. For 12 sec! :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 12, 2017, 11:26:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info