[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

GGG just announced that Pyre will be nerfed in 2.6. Which means we are going back to the old fire conversion scheme: AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet. It will result in slightly lower DPS and slightly higher ES. Nothing major.

Also, the 12% block mod on the staff is getting buffed to 18%. Nice.

Stay tuned for more announcements from GGG.
Noooo a pyre nerfff
"
Kelvynn wrote:
GGG just announced that Pyre will be nerfed in 2.6. Which means we are going back to the old fire conversion scheme: AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet. It will result in slightly lower DPS and slightly higher ES. Nothing major.

We'll have to wait and see, but if Pyre goes to 50% Cold->Fire... that's only 2 points to Avatar of Fire and we have it solved. Wouldn't that be better than CtF gem? Or is the extra cold as fire from the gem that important now?
Last edited by KurthDeimos on Feb 23, 2017, 10:16:14 AM
"
KurthDeimos wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

We'll have to wait and see, but if Pyre goes to 50% Cold->Fire... that's only 2 points to Avatar of Fire and we have it solved. Wouldn't that be better than CtF gem? Or is the extra cold as fire from the gem that important now?

Yeah, that's a viable option too. We'll see what exactly they do with it soon enough.
Hi,

Have one stupid idea - I'm not good in theory crafting so can't check if it will give more damage and leech but..

if we 6-link staff and put instead of CE fire storm then we will have:

1. 5-link scorching ray:
Scorching Ray - Cast while Channelling - Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Fire Penetration
2. 5-link ice storm:
Ice storm -Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Fire Penetration (+pyre 50%?)
3. 5-link fire storm:
Fire storm - Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Fire Penetration

How do you see above compared to original build (AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet)?
"
Qbus007 wrote:
Hi,

Have one stupid idea - I'm not good in theory crafting so can't check if it will give more damage and leech but..

if we 6-link staff and put instead of CE fire storm then we will have:

1. 5-link scorching ray:
Scorching Ray - Cast while Channelling - Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Fire Penetration
2. 5-link ice storm:
Ice storm -Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Fire Penetration (+pyre 50%?)
3. 5-link fire storm:
Fire storm - Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Fire Penetration

How do you see above compared to original build (AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet)?

1. LL and FP only work with skills that hit. SR does not hit and those 2 gems do nothing to SR. Also, SR's own damage is too small compared to Icestorm's to worry about it. We currently link EF to it just because 3-linking costs almost nothing. But it's only here to trigger Icestorm and debuff the target.

2. Icestorm will lose 1 support gem, a 50% (EF) or 60% (CE) MORE damage mod. That's a HUGE loss.

3. Firestorm is weak compared to Icestorm. We don't go after fire/spell damage nodes, we go after Int which is the base of Icestorm's damage while at the same time giving us ES. Firestorm's DPS with the current tree would be very low.

4. Having two spells (Icestorm and Firestorm) linked to SR-CwC will result in them taking turns getting triggered: you get Icestorm after 0.35s, then Firestorm after 0.7s, then Icestorm after 1.05s, Firestorm after 1.4s, etc. So you effectively replace half of your Icestorm with Firestorm, a weaker skill. Major loss of DPS right here, and that's after losing CE.

I'm afraid that version will struggle to kill the regular Atziri, forget about Uber or T16... :(
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 27, 2017, 4:44:16 PM
Well... Pyre got a huge nerf.. What do you think Kelvyn?
well pyre is dead but there's still the avatar of fire + cold to fire combo.

sr + cwc + fire pen + cold to fire + ele focus + conc effect could still work.

or back to self casting...

fire pen + cold to fire + ele focus + spell echo + controlled destruction + conc effect

it's kinda hard to plan out without the new tree being released but in theory it should work.

i doubt it's gonna be a huge dps loss. it all depends on how expensive high int gear is going to be. i'm hoping that by spamming perandus it will be a bit easier to get astramentis / black sun crest with good rolls early on. perandus was the cheapest league ever so there is hope.

although with the nerf to pyre i'm sure of one thing. you need to get beserker. there's no room for a life leech gem in the setup and the built leech and stun immunity are needed now more than ever.
Why now u're Bi-Curse?

it's a try or is a real big boost to have a ring with more then 60 int and res?
"
Beskaius wrote:
Why now u're Bi-Curse?

it's a try or is a real big boost to have a ring with more then 60 int and res?

the higher numbers you get on int the better. i don't remember exactly how much i ended up with but in my final levels, a 10 int node would give me probably at least 30 or more int. i didn't see the need for 3 curses before and i don't now. WM for end charges and some extra leech in maps is enough and i would even swap that out for flammability or ele weakness so that i can get some extra pen on bosses. wm doesn't give that much leech on bosses but the extra pen would be nice. big deal, u won't tank every hit in the game...

wm/ ele pen + temp chains is enough for lab/maps/bosses. maybe keep temp chains on blasphemy and curse on hit for the rest. it sure helps a lot in atziri.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info