[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
Qbus007 wrote:
How you manage to get astramentis in new leage?
It is quite expensive at start?
And how about 900 es? is alched or crafted - what is your typical way to get it in new league?

Astra is expensive early in a new league. I always start with a rare amulet with tons of Int and some Str/All Stats until I farm enough currency to buy an Astra.

My chest armor in the Standard league is a 'YOLO exalt' product. Don't count on getting anything like that in a temp league unless you are really good at crafting and know what you are doing. Start with any 600+ ES chest and work your way up to 750-800 after a couple of weeks, that will do. My league Berserker is doing just fine with

As long as Int is very high, you don't really need more than 800 ES.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 13, 2017, 3:31:20 PM
did u try to make a ranger version ? i'm trying to figure out a tree for either raider or pathfinder. with all my gear from the beserker i can hit 1400 int which is 400 less than the beserker char but it has more es and no increased damage taken.

after i hit 94 i got really bored. the build is slow, the dps is great but movement speed/ attack speed .. after i hit 90 i got really really tired of it. so i'm wondering,

1. pathfinder for some movement speed flask effect and duration ? it will give some nice uptime on a kiara's and 40% dmg flasks. and boost the basalt + granite combo even higher. there will be room for discipline + WM and keep the temp chains on cwdt. the ascendancy also gives 10% dmg pen which is nice paired with scorching ray and fire pen gem. increased elemental damge during flask effect may help with losing a dps gem in favor of life leech gem. and there's also the option to do a bit of poison with atziri promise and master herbalist or just go for more ms and aps after uber lab.

2. raider has a more interesting tree pathing, at least from my offline tests. i drop some flask nodes from the pathfinder tree and i can go all the way to unwavering stance while converting everything but 2-3 str nodes. probably also close to 1.4k int, less room for rare jwl slots. 5 frenzy charges from ascendancy and bandits for damage, ms and aps. and 40% ele dmg from avatar of veil, similar to the pathfinder node.

now, i know i can drop dps and i would be ok with that 100% if only i could map faster. the question is, would the extra ms/aps and es i would get from pathfinder or raider drop too much damage that it would make uber/shaper/guardians not worth doing anymore? with my beserker it took me more time to reach the bosses between the phases than to actually blast through shaper. i'm sure both classes can farm max key uber labs just as well, or even faster.

what do u think ?
Ranger is very easy to connect to the main tree, it's just 3 nodes away. Take the Witch tree, drop the starting nodes, take the Dex nodes up from the Ranger start, done.

The choice of Pathfinder vs Raider? I don't like to depend on flasks too heavily, so for me the choice is obvious: Raider. Frenzy charges, Onslaught, status ailment immunity - all that is much more in line with the ideas of this build. You wouldn't have to worry about clear speed either - Raider would definitely be the fastest of the family.

My concern with Ranger is just that it has nothing going on for elemental DPS. It would be clearing maps faster than the other classes since you don't need much DPS to clear trash in any tier, but then against the bosses it would have harder time than the other classes. Frenzy charges alone is nowhere near as powerful as what the current 4 classes have. Raider would be very similar to the Scion (who is a 'half-Raider') but without the 'half-Elementalist' part, 80 Int from Ascendancy and 1 extra jewel socket.

Depending on the league, faster clear speed could be good, and the DPS against bosses could be less important. So I'd consider it for 2.6 anyway. If not for the fact that the game will change radically in 3.0. I'd rather not spend time creating a new version of the build without knowing that it will still be viable 1 league later. If this build is not destroyed by the incoming nerfs in 3.0 then I'll think about it again.
why chaos golem? 4% or 8% dmg reduce is not that amazing buff.....

flame golem can boost dps no?

the Potency of Will node is a mandatory?

or i can take that point for more int?

with Flame Golem and another Brute jewel
i have 9.410 ES and 8.614,5 dps on tooltip
with not too expensive item.... but i have no skill effect duration effect...
Last edited by Beskaius on Feb 16, 2017, 6:23:40 AM
"
Beskaius wrote:
why chaos golem? 4% or 8% dmg reduce is not that amazing buff.....

flame golem can boost dps no?

the Potency of Will node is a mandatory?

or i can take that point for more int?

with Flame Golem and another Brute jewel
i have 9.410 ES and 8.614,5 dps on tooltip
with not too expensive item.... but i have no skill effect duration effect...

you need duration for boss fights and clearing trash but mostly for the insane leech. stacking icestorm over icestorm is how the build works. the duration you get from int alone is not enough.

the chaos golem is a qol thing. the 4% and the 12% from the charges and 20% from basalt are very nice to have on a build with no investment in armor. personally i also run basalt + granite so i can get up to 60 -70 phys reduction. which i find great for an es build.

the flame golem, unless ur doing the elementalist version really doesn't give you that much dps. i'd rather have the 4% for lab traps, porcupines and all that other stuff.
Duration nodes are very important. Without them your Icestorms will expire too soon. Duration is also good for the curses, Orb of Storms, IC.

Flame Golem would add something like 200 tooltip damage, not worth it. Ice and Lightning are useless. Chaos helps mitigate the 10% increased damage from Aspect of Carnage, and that's the most useful golem for Berserker.
So as a starter for legacy league is this one worth starting with? Is witch the better choice to start and then switch to Berserker later?
"
Quelex wrote:
So as a starter for legacy league is this one worth starting with? Is witch the better choice to start and then switch to Berserker later?

Starting with this build depends mostly on your ability to acquire the staff. I can't tell you if it's worth starting with, too much depends on your particular situation. But switching to another class with the same build doesn't make sense to me. They are not that different.
Did you go into detail why the Life Leech gem is back in? If you swap it to, say, Controlled Destruction you end up with at least 40% more damage, so you essentially go from 2% leech to 1.4% leech (because you do more damage to leech from). Is that not enough in endgame scenarios?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
DLimited wrote:
Did you go into detail why the Life Leech gem is back in? If you swap it to, say, Controlled Destruction you end up with at least 40% more damage, so you essentially go from 2% leech to 1.4% leech (because you do more damage to leech from). Is that not enough in endgame scenarios?

I don't see where those numbers are coming from. The leech amount is your damage * your leech%. Against a single boss, with LL you leech 3% (always) + WM (subject to boss curse mitigation). Without LL you leech 1% + WM. That is a major loss of leech, more than 45% that CD gives you back by increasing the damage.

The point of dropping LL for CD was killing the endgame bosses faster. Against trash and everything below T16 we already have more than enough DPS. I went and did all of T16 and the Shaper with CD, only to find out that I became a whole lot less safe while the duration of the encounters was just a few seconds shorter. The decreased leech amount was especially noticeable while tanking Hydra, Phoenix, Mino and Shaper: with LL I was totally safe, without LL my ES was fluctuating dangerously (and more mods in T16 could be fatal). But the main objective - to kill faster - was not achieved because 3 of the 5 endgame fights have scripted phases that cannot be done any faster. Hydra and Chimera hide, the Shaper does the portal and red bubble, and those things take most of the encounter.

In short: killing the Shaper 10 sec faster is totally not worth the risk of dying there.

But there was 1 place where CD was visibly better: Uber Atziri. 1% leech is fine since you don't tank her, and 45% more damage is very good. So I guess bring a swap staff with CD to her (but clear trash and do the Trio with LL; do the Vaals with CD as well).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 21, 2017, 1:31:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info