[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
OggyPanda wrote:
For those who poeurl.com isn't working for:

put www. at the front of the link eg poeurl.com/Xzm becomes www.poeurl.com/Xzm

thats not working site is down or something sadly.
"
Ragnorak wrote:

Ok, so I had a more detailed look at your character. There are a bunch of small changes that can start adding up. Easiest one is to get quality on your gems, and get them to level 20. That should add 10-15% DPS. Also using Faster Attacks is more damage than Added Lightning. Colouring the chest is a bugger though, so make sure you have plenty of chroms if you're going to try it. Next, swap out the Fertile Mind next to Vaal Pact for a rare jewel. Double attack speed, and lightning or projectile damage will be a fair bit better. You can also route through the projectile damage nodes at the ranger start, instead of the dex nodes. Likewise, taking the jewel slot below Melding, and the one above Witch, and you'll have another bunch of DPS. You've also missed the 30 int node on the way to Unwavering that'll add a bit. (Also you have a spare dex node next to the Ranger jewel I assume you missed when respeccing).

Otherwise, it's just better gear I'm afraid. Comparing your gear with mine, I just have a little bit extra in a lot of slots, which adds up to a fair bit more DPS in the end. For reference, I have 27K tooltip in my hideout, with Golem and Wrath up. The downside is that I have roughly equal ES on my gear as you do, but nearly 500 ES less in total. Adding in my jewels to your build, and getting quality and levels on the gems will take you to around 23K DPS. The rest is just a bit better gear.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks for reply.
15k unbuffed seems pretty low. I spent 350c on crystal belt and a nice 780 chest with int i need to 6-link.
I'm thinking maybe spec out of unnatural calm maybe pick up es at start of witch node or even respecing and coming from top of unatural calm to pick up all int and save couple points.
I'm already 90 and still need acrane blows and force of nature.
Maybe also replacing static electricity gem with fertile mind might help?

Last edited by realbux on Apr 5, 2017, 1:57:17 PM
"
realbux wrote:
"
Ragnorak wrote:
"
realbux wrote:
Similar issue with 15k dps and 7k pre disicpline es is it my tree holding me back too?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/realbux/characters

Nope, it's not your tree that's doing it. Your layout may actually be better than mine in some respects. If I'd make any recommendations, it would be drop the Acuity cluster, and invest in the witch flask nodes and jewel slot. Accuracy is definitely nice, but the flask nodes are crazily powerful, and jewels are amazing as well.

Gearwise it looks pretty good too. Only recommendation is for some higher intelligence rolls on most of your stuff. I realize that it gets expensive pretty fast when doing that though. Your chest can also roll a decent amount more ES. Again, expensive though. Overall you're on the right track, it's just a matter of slightly better gear all around.

Thanks for reply.
15k unbuffed seems pretty low. I spent 350c on crystal belt and a nice 780 chest with int i need to 6-link.
I'm thinking maybe spec out of unnatural calm maybe pick up es at start of witch node or even respecing and coming from top of unatural calm to pick up all int and save couple points.

15k unbuffed is low.
You are missing out on 20/20 jewels all over the place. Except for some minor necessary adjustments the tree looks okayish tho. You should aim for 3 fertile minds, 1 brute force solution, 2 rare jewels.
Get Hard Knocks near unwavering stance and the jewel sockets near pain attunement and alchemist.

I personally don't see unnatural calm or written in blood being necessary if you already have 9-10k es. Get Elemental damage with weapons on your rings and buy a pair of Shaper's touch :-)
Last edited by miChaaaaaaa on Apr 5, 2017, 9:04:53 AM
What do you guys think

Dual curse set up

43k in hideout wrath and light golem

10,700ES

here is gear and tree Any recomendations?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQHnAx4EBwX5DkgPqxEvEVARgRGWFHUV1xXwFr8XJhmKGdcaVRvIHU8fAh9BI9Mkiyo4Kwosvy0fLlMwWzW5Nj02xTboPL5B0EMxRmlMs0z_TipUR1T-VYVWSFZjVvpaGluvXfJfal9wYSFjp20ZbWxvJ3XLd9d4-XqEft1_K3_Gg22ExYTvhq6Nfo25j2CP-pAKkyeVIJXMlwaaapsmm7WexJ_LoS-io6OKpcumvqcrpzCtM6_rtUi95r6KvqfBxcHzwzPDOsSizZjP3dAf0K3Q0NNv2CTY1drB3UbjhOfq6mLsGO0_7g7v6_GK-TP5Y_1u
Last edited by motoman006 on Apr 5, 2017, 9:09:10 AM
"
motoman006 wrote:
What do you guys think

Dual curse set up

43k in hideout wrath and light golem

10,700ES

here is gear and tree Any recomendations?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQHnAx4EBwX5DkgPqxEvEVARgRGWFHUV1xXwFr8XJhmKGdcaVRvIHU8fAh9BI9Mkiyo4Kwosvy0fLlMwWzW5Nj02xTboPL5B0EMxRmlMs0z_TipUR1T-VYVWSFZjVvpaGluvXfJfal9wYSFjp20ZbWxvJ3XLd9d4-XqEft1_K3_Gg22ExYTvhq6Nfo25j2CP-pAKkyeVIJXMlwaaapsmm7WexJ_LoS-io6OKpcumvqcrpzCtM6_rtUi95r6KvqfBxcHzwzPDOsSizZjP3dAf0K3Q0NNv2CTY1drB3UbjhOfq6mLsGO0_7g7v6_GK-TP5Y_1u

I find Primal Spirit much more useful than Elemental Focus.
Do you think Dual Curse is really necessary?

You might be better off just using Wise oak in the place of your mana flask and gain 20 penetration by doing so :-)
Other than that, nice char!
ya i have been meaning to replace that mana flask lol

and my plan is to pick that up Primal Spirit in the next two levels or next level actually and remove the node next to ele focus, i used to have the node and had less mana issues for sure

dual curse prolly not but it drops shit like its hot, huge light penetration
any boss that can be cursed drops

i would also like to change my armor but i need the resist
and it would be very expensive to replace lol
Last edited by motoman006 on Apr 5, 2017, 9:54:49 AM
"
realbux wrote:
"
Ragnorak wrote:
"
realbux wrote:
Similar issue with 15k dps and 7k pre disicpline es is it my tree holding me back too?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/realbux/characters

Nope, it's not your tree that's doing it. Your layout may actually be better than mine in some respects. If I'd make any recommendations, it would be drop the Acuity cluster, and invest in the witch flask nodes and jewel slot. Accuracy is definitely nice, but the flask nodes are crazily powerful, and jewels are amazing as well.

Gearwise it looks pretty good too. Only recommendation is for some higher intelligence rolls on most of your stuff. I realize that it gets expensive pretty fast when doing that though. Your chest can also roll a decent amount more ES. Again, expensive though. Overall you're on the right track, it's just a matter of slightly better gear all around.

Thanks for reply.

Ok, so I had a more detailed look at your character. There are a bunch of small changes that can start adding up. Easiest one is to get quality on your gems, and get them to level 20. That should add 10-15% DPS. Also using Faster Attacks is more damage than Added Lightning. Colouring the chest is a bugger though, so make sure you have plenty of chroms if you're going to try it. Next, swap out the Fertile Mind next to Vaal Pact for a rare jewel. Double attack speed, and lightning or projectile damage will be a fair bit better. You can also route through the projectile damage nodes at the ranger start, instead of the dex nodes. Likewise, taking the jewel slot below Melding, and the one above Witch, and you'll have another bunch of DPS. You've also missed the 30 int node on the way to Unwavering that'll add a bit. (Also you have a spare dex node next to the Ranger jewel I assume you missed when respeccing).

Otherwise, it's just better gear I'm afraid. Comparing your gear with mine, I just have a little bit extra in a lot of slots, which adds up to a fair bit more DPS in the end. For reference, I have 27K tooltip in my hideout, with Golem and Wrath up. The downside is that I have roughly equal ES on my gear as you do, but nearly 500 ES less in total. Adding in my jewels to your build, and getting quality and levels on the gems will take you to around 23K DPS. The rest is just a bit better gear.

Is shaper's touch worth losing the int stat on rare gloves? I noticed a lot of people don't take Primeval Force. Not worth?
"
Ragnorak wrote:

Thanks missed that. I did some changes yesterday.
i specced out projectile nodes for more passive points rather damage as i've seen a lot builds do this. I speeced out Acuity as you suggested and picked up Alchemist + Arcing blows from the saved passives. Switched in fertile mind at ranger start near vaal pact which lost me 400dps but gain 400 es.
I'm going to use that dex i missed to get Hard Knocks.
My next passive point probably pick up jewel socket assume i don't rip but gems are still leveling bout half way till 20.
Got 700 shield once its 6linked ill take a look readjusting the rest of the gear.
"
miChaaaaaaa wrote:

15k unbuffed is low.
You are missing out on 20/20 jewels all over the place. Except for some minor necessary adjustments the tree looks okayish tho. You should aim for 3 fertile minds, 1 brute force solution, 2 rare jewels.
Get Hard Knocks near unwavering stance and the jewel sockets near pain attunement and alchemist.

I personally don't see unnatural calm or written in blood being necessary if you already have 9-10k es. Get Elemental damage with weapons on your rings and buy a pair of Shaper's touch :-)

Is shaper's touch better then a rare?
I'm pretty sure it's because of both nodes im at 9k es and not sure way to calculate es without speccing out of the nodes.
Last edited by realbux on Apr 5, 2017, 1:57:51 PM
"
subiedude8 wrote:
Is shaper's touch worth losing the int stat on rare gloves? I noticed a lot of people don't take Primeval Force. Not worth?

with shapers touch you need zero accuracy nodes in the tree and on gear

hard to beeat in my opinion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info