[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

Urgh... while this build is strong and easy to scale the damage i feel like using ST with Slower Projectils, which is 100% needed with Howa, is so fucking bad it hurts. It feels like the unsmoothest experience i ever had in Path of Exile. It feels so clunky, bugged and just weird overall. Somehow when i have Slower Projectiles it feels like 90% of my hits are not hitting and the spectral throw literally will go a length of 2 meters which means i basically have to be INSIDE the boss thats means if a boss is moving im not hitting him 90% of the time and that means im dead. Thats specifically a problem with the Guardians which is a reason why i picked this build in the first place because everyone told me its the easiest way to down them on a budget but for me it literally is hell and feels sooo unpolished. I've also seen videos of people playing Howa and just facetanking everyone. Literally every single guardian one shots me with 11k ES, Added dmg Vinktar up 8 frenzy charges and me raping the boss with ST slower proj. Overall my experience with this build is really bad ONLY because of 1 (!!) gem called Slower Projectiles. What the fuck am i doing wrong?

1290 INT, 490 DEX, 10.8k ES, 37k HO dmg, lvl 90.

Im honestly speechless right now as my stats can't be much better, literally min maxing at this point, but i have no chance in the world to even kill a single fucking guardian. Help?
Last edited by GeronimRoeder on Jan 26, 2017, 11:39:41 AM
Hey guys, finally reaching endgame with this build and trying to figure out how Endurance Charges are being built up to use Immortal Call. I am sure that I am missing something simple and stupid but for the life of me cannot figure it out. Can someone please point out to me what I am not seeing?
"
EndUser wrote:
Hey guys, finally reaching endgame with this build and trying to figure out how Endurance Charges are being built up to use Immortal Call. I am sure that I am missing something simple and stupid but for the life of me cannot figure it out. Can someone please point out to me what I am not seeing?

Endurance charges AREN'T being build up. the whole point of the setup is you keep CWDT low... you take 500dmg, specifically from a Porcupine spike after it dies and shoots a starburst of spikes... you become immune to further spikes for 0.4 to 0.7 seconds (with 20/20 Increased Duration for 74% longer = 0.3 seconds)... and when you kill 30 porcupines all at once you dont die from massive spike dmg because you only take 1-2 hits instead of 30-40... Rumi's Concoction, high ES, and hiding behind environment helps too...

Back in the day, you linked Enduring Cry as well, but then they made Warcries their own thing to stop that, so this is the best we have anymore...

"
linkstatic wrote:
I think the only way you can get close to what OP shows is his damage is with all 8 Frenzy charges. I'm 52k+ if counting Frenzies. 30k if just in HO.

I'm lvl 92 now... haven't changed any of my gear since lvl 70 except going from a 5L to a 6L chest (same basic stats)... I now I almost full set of 19/20 or 20/20 gems, especially in 6L... GMP is 20/23... and I have 8.2k ES, 48k GMP dps in hideout with Wrath, Golem and Protector up... that means about 100k in combat and 130k with flasks (onslaught, atziri, vinktar penetration)

I picked up some of the dps nodes from the Mathil tree.. am eyeing more ES nodes now that I'm 92+... undecided tho
Last edited by Piros on Jan 26, 2017, 1:18:18 PM
"
Urgh... while this build is strong and easy to scale the damage i feel like using ST with Slower Projectils, which is 100% needed with Howa, is so fucking bad it hurts. It feels like the unsmoothest experience i ever had in Path of Exile. It feels so clunky, bugged and just weird overall. Somehow when i have Slower Projectiles it feels like 90% of my hits are not hitting and the spectral throw literally will go a length of 2 meters which means i basically have to be INSIDE the boss thats means if a boss is moving im not hitting him 90% of the time and that means im dead. Thats specifically a problem with the Guardians which is a reason why i picked this build in the first place because everyone told me its the easiest way to down them on a budget but for me it literally is hell and feels sooo unpolished. I've also seen videos of people playing Howa and just facetanking everyone. Literally every single guardian one shots me with 11k ES, Added dmg Vinktar up 8 frenzy charges and me raping the boss with ST slower proj. Overall my experience with this build is really bad ONLY because of 1 (!!) gem called Slower Projectiles. What the fuck am i doing wrong?

1290 INT, 490 DEX, 10.8k ES, 37k HO dmg, lvl 90.

Im honestly speechless right now as my stats can't be much better, literally min maxing at this point, but i have no chance in the world to even kill a single fucking guardian. Help?

Hi there, when you plug in Slower Projectiles, it acts almost as a melee range type of skill so all you need to is just whirling dagger in right next to the boss, sit there, hold shift and right click and make sure your cursor stays on the boss for a few seconds while he melts away. Your spectrals will automatically throw directly at the Guardian or Boss as long as your holding the right click and the boss is in range. I do wonder too though why Slower projectile reduces the range/radius so significantly..
Hi guys, I used quite a few regret orbs yesterday and was amazed at the change in overall DPS/Max ES, please find below an updated skill tree. So far this gives me the highest ES (sitting at 11.7k es) with solid DPS (45k unbuffed with GMP gem and no charges or golem).

Updated Skill Tree can be found here

Note: So far i've used about 100 regret orbs to try out different paths and nodes, this tree is the most refined version so far.
tried it, im even struggling at 6L with complete expensive flask
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi
"
mrjoey523 wrote:
Hi there, when you plug in Slower Projectiles, it acts almost as a melee range type of skill so all you need to is just whirling dagger in right next to the boss, sit there, hold shift and right click and make sure your cursor stays on the boss for a few seconds while he melts away. Your spectrals will automatically throw directly at the Guardian or Boss as long as your holding the right click and the boss is in range. I do wonder too though why Slower projectile reduces the range/radius so significantly..

Oh boy you wont even believe how much that little tip "hold shift" just helped me out. I never knew this! Very often while using slower projectiles my guy would randomly move a few steps and it always threw me off. Thanks a lot! I guess the range is so close because the projectiles are slower since they act like boomerangs.
"
linkstatic wrote:
I think the only way you can get close to what OP shows is his damage is with all 8 Frenzy charges. I'm 52k+ if counting Frenzies. 30k if just in HO.

I'm at 47k in hideout and I take more ES nodes than OP. Get better gear.
"
evenson wrote:
"
linkstatic wrote:

That's easy to say to someone. But I'm sitting at 42k myself and i'll prolly cap my tooltip at ~45k at lvl 94.

Any meaningful upgrade is 20ex+ and changing anything would mean to start juggling with resists again, not worth it imo. This build is crazy expensive nowadays.
Last edited by MrProtoX on Jan 26, 2017, 3:12:21 PM
"
MrProtoX wrote:
"
evenson wrote:
"
linkstatic wrote:

That's easy to say to someone. But I'm sitting at 42k myself and i'll prolly cap my tooltip at ~45k at lvl 94.

Any meaningful upgrade is 20ex+ and changing anything would mean to start juggling with resists again, not worth it imo. This build is crazy expensive nowadays.

Very true, but if you don't have another build in mind why not waste currency on it. I spent 16 ex on a ring, which is ridiculous.. but what else am I going to do with it lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info