Breach League Statistics

Funny how people tend to believe that because you've played a lot to PoE you should know intuitively what builds are broken and what build are "simply" OP. And the same people tell you it's easy to make a lot of currency too, so GGG breaking a build after three weeks of league is perfectly fine.

My point of view :

I have played PoE a lot. I don't know how to make currency for several reasons : first, I level quite slow (I have time to spend in this game but I can't no-life it and I am not that skilled at levelling). Then I do not want to play Path of shops. Trading is boring as far as I'm concerned, I'm here to kill stuff.

So I try to choose cheap and efficient builds when starting a league. And I don't do any theory crafting as I want to play : so I do not know a broken skill from a "simply" OP (the difference is not that big when I see strong builds from streamers). This league, I tried Mathil's Blade Flurry Shadow and was utterly disappointed for a supposedly starter build. Very expansive to gear for the skill, dying all the time due to low life and too expansive to go CI. Breaches were especially un-fun with this build.

Because of that, I had to begin a new build. With a skill I knew (BV) and obliteration wands as it was cheap and seemed efficient (and it was there for several patches, still efficient after successive BV nerfs, so I had reasons to think it would not be nerfed again or at least after Breach).

Now that I have spent hours playing my character and I am close to level 90, I learn that my build was in fact broken and needs to be undone. So I lose the time spent, the main skill gems I levelled and will have to level again, which is the most tedious thing ever.

And other very expansive builds will remain just as efficient but I won't be able to afford them for the reasons I mentionned before (penta golems seems fun but how could I know ?).

At the very least, a full respec should be given to players in such a case. Thanks for not testing the skill properly before league AND choosing to patch it during league.

Edit : not that I will quit a game that I still love. But to be fair, this is very frustrating, especially since I had chosen an established build running since several patches. Let's say the exalted I just dropped makes my tears less salty.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Dec 21, 2016, 11:47:45 AM
if you need a broken skill to achieve anything in this game - it is l2p issue, sadly

your lvl 90 character will still work. it will just be weaker (a lot weaker in some cases) but for general map clear and not-end-end-game it will change very little as damage BV did and does is already obscene without poison

it looks like typical knee-jerk reaction before checking things out. and if you can do the math behind it - you already know how absurd this bug was vs shaper/uber/highest tier content.
I absolutely love seeing these stat posts, please post more :). I am loving breach league by the way GGG, keep up the good work.
@ Sidtherat, it's funny as when people tell you how they experience the game differently from you, you get to say "kneejerk reaction". I did not tell any truth apart from my vision of things and stated it clearly.

And the "l2p" is also nice. I do not need a broken skill to achieve things, I need currency I do not have (the question in this game is not so much whether you can kill Shaper or not as whether you can get the currency to meet him when you don't want to play shops).

And I did not choose a skill because it was broken. I chose a build that was cheap, efficient and tested since 2.2.0. So I had reasons to believe, not being an expert on meta as you are and seem to believe everyone should be, that the build would perform well AND allow me to do stuff. I was not even aiming at shaper though that would be nice to try end game for once (the Path of shops is really annoying). Should I have known GGG had missed testing the recently modified BV + Poison ?

If you say the skill will remain very good, nice, I do not have time to do theory crafting, as stated earlier. I have also seen blade flurry builds or chaos firestorm builds melt shaper just as well as BV, and they are not getting nerfed. And I still believe hot fixing this way is not a very good choice. I also do not see why it is necessary as BV is apparently not even a top ten popular skill this league. Anyone could create a BV poison character if it was that better than Blade flurry, but not a lot of people did.

Once again, it would be perfectly fine if I could get a free respec (my choice to use it if the nerf makes the skill unplayable and my choice not to use it otherwise), but I won't. I'm not asking for no nerf, I'm asking for a bit of fairness.

Some flippers abused it to get a substantial advantage over other flippers ? Fine, I am not one of them and they make the game a pain. But I don't see why average players should be penalized.
average player is NOT penalized at all

if you aim at mid-level content you wont notice the change at all.

so what are you - 'average' joe or maybe someone who wanted to easily do end-game content with broken build? if the first one - you wont notice a thing after the patch (and theorycrafting it does not require TIME. it requires 10 seconds of simple math plus some game experience)

few notes:

build that is cheap and efficient and popular in most cases == build abusing one or more 'tricks'. flameblast: double dip + scaling from gem only. BV: double dip + scaling from gem only + damage BUFF BV got this patch + 600% MORE damage with poison. do not pretend you didnt see it coming (note: BV is STRONGER in 2.5 than it was in 2.4. most sheeple just read 'nerf' and jumped ship. copy-pasta wariors..)

path of shops? thats a new one. it is p2w activity (you pretty much have to have premium tabs) but it is EXTREMELY easy to sell stuff: find something that isnt an obvious crap? drop into 1c tab. youll know quickly what sells for more. sell cards, sell q gems, sell league stuff, just do not think and set prices for stuff. it is 90's trading system but do not make it look tedious

nor it is really required to do so - just dried lake -> 2c chaos recipe -> buy shaper fragments in few days. no trading required. essences make chaos recipe EXTREMELY easy to do

What part of "I chose a build that was good BEFORE 2.5" don't you understand ? If I won't notice a thing, nice. All I'm asking is for a possible respec if I disagree with your analysis. AND I'm saying I'm surprised GGG did not spot such a bug earlier (really, BV ? After all the hype it has had since creation ?)

Path of shops : I am doing a map, someone asks for an item I'm selling, I have to stop killing. BORING. Is it that hard to understand ?

And sure, it is easy to make chaos and buy stuff. That's a lot of recipes to get Bino, voidheart and whatever is needed to get bladeflurry working. Last time I checked, several hundreds chaos (90 for bino, 110 for death's had, 110 for voidheart during the first week of league. It has gone down since but am I to wait till third week to play a build if I don't want to play Path of shops ?).
you can just make an elemental version of BF that costs like nothing. it wont be AS strong but perfectly fine for end-game content

you just have to WANT to do stuff instead of copy the most popular or broken build and be surprised that it is expensive or nerfed
I'm so glad that the Warchief Meta still works.
I like the freedom and comfort of playing totem builds where you don't have to right-click-right-click-hold-release all the time.
Do you guys think Warchief will be nerfed? In which way then?
Last edited by RushBone on Dec 21, 2016, 1:37:49 PM
Where is the statistics over deaths caused by server? Now that's some statistics I'd love to see.
Thats nice work GGG, where new patch will be released? Any info?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info