[2.6] - The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!

"
Impaired wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
The following changes have been made:

- The shield used is now Prism Guardian. This allows us to run herald of ice (and Discipline to compensate for the ES loss of another shield). It also means 2 additional buffs for Mantra of Flames. Using an ES shield and the old setup is still very viable, tho.

- Intuitive Leap is being used near "Overcharged" in order to have all charge types at all times. This is a pretty fucking awesome change so I advise you make it.

How much ES do you have now? You had like 8.8k before, and now you're losing like 500+ es on your shield and gaining only 300 from disc. So I assume you're down to like 8k es? To be honest that seems way too low. I'm playing a variant of your build similar to Larsahh_ and I'm sitting at 11.75k ES, and should be able to hit 12k in a few levels. I'm still able to speed clear T15 maps and 1 shot bosses so I dunno, I don't see a reason for running an 8k ES variant. Especially since more ES = more VRF damage.

I'm at 8.5k now. So not much difference.

For me T15 isn't important, it's T16 that matters most. As long as I can get 1 shots on the guardians, I'm happy. Working in herald of ice feels pretty nice too. I just hit level 95 and haven't died. I'll take a look at your version tho.

Edit: Just took a look, and it seems like a solid version as well. If I had a shield like yours, I'd stick to the ES shield too. The main difference is that I've got an immortal call setup (which has long immortal calls now thanks to my intuitive leap change) and an extra aura. But we have a pretty big difference in ES. TECHNICALLY it would make sense to get the extra ES, but I feel once a build doesn't get hit and 1-shots guardians, it all becomes redundant.

I'd be interested to try out your version for a few days and probably post the variant here.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 8, 2017, 1:10:29 AM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

For me T15 isn't important, it's T16 that matters most. As long as I can get 1 shots on the guardians, I'm happy. Working in herald of ice feels pretty nice too. I just hit level 95 and haven't died. I'll take a look at your version tho.

Edit: Just took a look, and it seems like a solid version as well. If I had a shield like yours, I'd stick to the ES shield too. The main difference is that I've got an immortal call setup (which has long immortal calls now thanks to my intuitive leap change) and an extra aura. But we have a pretty big difference in ES. TECHNICALLY it would make sense to get the extra ES, but I feel once a build doesn't get hit and 1-shots guardians, it all becomes redundant.

I'd be interested to try out your version for a few days and probably post the variant here.

I haven't tried Guardians yet, waiting until level 93 when I'll finish the elemental damage nodes in Shadow starting area, but I imagine I should still be able to 1 shot them. With Vaal Disc up i'm at 17k ES so that should scale really nicely with VRF. I also opted to not take those %fire dmg nodes and instead go for %ele (which also double dips with burning) since I calculated my Hooves dmg was only about 43% fire, 57% cold/lightning/chaos. Currently I'm running HOI and no HOT, though my plan is to use 3.5% crit gloves so that my herald can crit and provide much better uptime on EO. Though at the moment I'm unsure whether HOI or HOT would be better for that purpose (needs testing).

Edit: One footnote, if you do test out my variant, the Conqueror's Efficiency I have socketed in is so that I have above 54 unreserved mana to cast golems, but it isn't optimal. Ideally id have reduced anger reservation on my helm, though alternative solutions are stacking 1080 mana (so that you have 54 unreserved, enough to cast lvl 20 golems), or shuffling some gem links around to link reduced mana with your golems. Could also use lower level golems, but that's kinda shitty since they will die so often.
IGN: Impair
Last edited by Impaired on Jan 8, 2017, 4:20:42 AM
"
Impaired wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I haven't tried Guardians yet, waiting until level 93 when I'll finish the elemental damage nodes in Shadow starting area, but I imagine I should still be able to 1 shot them. With Vaal Disc up i'm at 17k ES so that should scale really nicely with VRF. I also opted to not take those %fire dmg nodes and instead go for %ele (which also double dips with burning) since I calculated my Hooves dmg was only about 43% fire, 57% cold/lightning/chaos. Currently I'm running HOI and no HOT, though my plan is to use 3.5% crit gloves so that my herald can crit and provide much better uptime on EO. Though at the moment I'm unsure whether HOI or HOT would be better for that purpose (needs testing).

Edit: One footnote, if you do test out my variant, the Conqueror's Efficiency I have socketed in is so that I have above 54 unreserved mana to cast golems, but it isn't optimal. Ideally id have reduced anger reservation on my helm, though alternative solutions are stacking 1080 mana (so that you have 54 unreserved, enough to cast lvl 20 golems), or shuffling some gem links around to link reduced mana with your golems. Could also use lower level golems, but that's kinda shitty since they will die so often.

I changed the tree a while ago to pick up ele nodes instead of the top fire nodes.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Is the best helmet enchant anger mana reserve reduced? Anything else thats any good? And do you suggest using heretics veil or will it be too hard to gain resists on last items.
Just throwing a random idea out: try putting your golems in CWDT. I am currently using this setup:

And it's working out great. Golems are out 100% of the time and I don't have the hassle of recasting them.

EDIT:

Why not using paragon of calamity instead of beacon of ruin? The AOE clear speed is already insane, beacon of ruin seems a bit.. Redundant.
Last edited by Knuckledust13 on Jan 8, 2017, 11:18:15 AM
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
Just throwing a random idea out: try putting your golems in CWDT. I am currently using this setup:

And it's working out great. Golems are out 100% of the time and I don't have the hassle of recasting them.

EDIT:

Why not using paragon of calamity instead of beacon of ruin? The AOE clear speed is already insane, beacon of ruin seems a bit.. Redundant.

Beacon of ruin is like...one of the main elements of this build lol

As for the golems on the CWDT, I would rather have a longer immortal call than a lightning golem. If you're fine with shorter IC, then your setup is fine too.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

As for the golems on the CWDT, I would rather have a longer immortal call than a lightning golem. If you're fine with shorter IC, then your setup is fine too.

Why is that? I mean, without it I am clearing just like you are in the videos (without dying sun tho). The golem combined with my wand makes me do more light damage than fire damage, and also works great with vaal RF. ID gives IC like 0.3 more seconds of duration, I think the golem damage overweights that - in my experience.

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

Why is that? I mean, without it I am clearing just like you are in the videos (without dying sun tho). The golem combined with my wand makes me do more light damage than fire damage, and also works great with vaal RF. ID gives IC like 0.3 more seconds of duration, I think the golem damage overweights that - in my experience.

You're probably referring to PENDULUM and not beacon. Beacon is the prolif. Pendulum can be replaced by the anti reflect node.

And you're completely forgetting endurance charges. Those are added to the duration of IC, so ID makes a significant difference. Also not sure what the lightning damage has to do with any of this. Don't forget you're running ele weakness and flammability.
First:Thx for this funny and awesome build, thx for your work.

Second:I need a little help.Im building this character atm (lvl 79) and i have some serious problem.I die simply too much.I know my stuffs are not the best but i guess, i should farm t11 already, but im stuck on t9-t10.I know i have to grind to get more passives but if i die a lot then its a bit hard.I have a question, what would be the best improvement for me:buy that green dream jewel (atm lack some chaoses) or buy the vinktar flask?What would be better for now?The dps is not bad, i think i need some defensive improvement.But i think the dps will be less (not on trash mobs, but on rares)if i make some changes on the tree with regret orbs.I hope u understood me and my bad english.Thx in advance, peace.

Ohh something what i forgot:i know i dont use atm phase gem (simply forgot it to colour my helmet) and my gloves....Hmm thats first problem in defense, i dont have enough currency to colour it (4R), so i use lightning golem with fire golem.(no id gem)btw, is it better if u have 2 fire or 1fire 1lightning golem in dps?
Last edited by slicchabib on Jan 8, 2017, 2:57:00 PM
"
slicchabib wrote:
First:Thx for this funny and awesome build, thx for your work.

Second:I need a little help.Im building this character atm (lvl 79) and i have some serious problem.I die simply too much.I know my stuffs are not the best but i guess, i should farm t11 already, but im stuck on t9-t10.I know i have to grind to get more passives but if i die a lot then its a bit hard.I have a question, what would be the best improvement for me:buy that green dream jewel (atm lack some chaoses) or buy the vinktar flask?What would be better for now?The dps is not bad, i think i need some defensive improvement.But i think the dps will be less (not on trash mobs, but on rares)if i make some changes on the tree with regret orbs.I hope u understood me and my bad english.Thx in advance, peace.

Ohh something what i forgot:i know i dont use atm phase gem (simply forgot it to colour my helmet) and my gloves....Hmm thats first problem in defense, i dont have enough currency to colour it (4R), so i use lightning golem with fire golem.(no id gem)btw, is it better if u have 2 fire or 1fire 1lightning golem in dps?

You have to have phasing. Either from phase run or phase flask, but you have to have it.

You shouldnt really be getting hit by anything. I don't know what to tell you that I haven't already explained in the original post. Just try to copy it best you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info