[2.6] - The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Impaired wrote:
Is there a reason you use Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice? Ice provides extra AOE which is always nice, but thunder doesn't seem to do anything special, unless I'm missing something important.

Couple reasons;

1. This being a non crit build, herald of ice is not as consistent in its explosions.
2. Herald of Thunder breaks pots and barrels :D
3. It adds lightning damage which means you can leech from the bolts with vinktar when you're in a tight situation (because its essentially always up).

"
Raggon wrote:
So what do we do with a wand? It's like impossible to find a good one on breach since wand builds are so unpopular :( Doryani's Catalyst?

I doubt it's impossible to find cheap ass wands. You really only need two mods, high spell damage, high flat spell damage. Preferably an open suffix to craft spell crit. Done. It's probably gonna cost you like 5-10c.

You probably meant "flat fire damage added to spells". Just making sure there isn't any more confusion.

Also, question: How big is the difference between a 5l VRF in the Shavs vs a 6l? Is it the difference between being able to do Minotaur or not? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Only played Pentagolem this league, so I would have to buy the Shavs. So knowing if I need to invest 10ex for 6linked or if a 3.5ex 5link is not that much worse would be great.

5L and 6L does the same damage because the last link is life leech.

However, with a 5L you gotta make sure you only ever use VRF if you have vinktar up. So that's the downside. Can't use it at will during mapping and you gotta have vinktar up at boss.

This build is the easiest thing in the world to level. You put the boots on at level 12 and walk your way to maps. It's really that easy.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 4, 2017, 4:45:58 PM
Mhh, that sounds like going for a 5Link to try and see how I like the build would be a great idea.

Thanks for the fast answer!

And good to hear about the leveling. I guess I will have 2 very very easy to level builds this league. the "put on the boots and walk your way to maps" sounds like what I always tell people about the Pentagolem build, "Equip Clayshapers, put in jewels, walk to T15 maps".

Thx for the build again, gonna start it later today.

EDIT: Also, it will be nice to have something to look forward to when league ends ;) My HH on standard should add quite a bit of fun to the build.

EDIT2: So, just to clarify, Mantra of Flames will give the bonus for each "Buff" displayed in the top left? So things like Golem, Herald, EO will all apply?
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 4, 2017, 10:34:06 PM
Phoenix down.

Pretty sure your build can do the same, dropping life leech and burning damage for ele focus and a second VRF.
Any other reason than EO to get Diamond Rings? Because it looks like it is very easy to get 100% uptime without them. And getting Two Stone Rings or even Opal rings should be a much bigger benefit to the build or at least make gearing for resists much easier.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Any other reason than EO to get Diamond Rings? Because it looks like it is very easy to get 100% uptime without them. And getting Two Stone Rings or even Opal rings should be a much bigger benefit to the build or at least make gearing for resists much easier.

It's easy during the map to have EO uptime, but you wanna be sure it's up at the boss.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I don't get why you focus on fire damage on the tree ...
IGN TylordRampage
"
Mecielle wrote:

Also, question: How big is the difference between a 5l VRF in the Shavs vs a 6l? Is it the difference between being able to do Minotaur or not? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Only played Pentagolem this league, so I would have to buy the Shavs. So knowing if I need to invest 10ex for 6linked or if a 3.5ex 5link is not that much worse would be great.

Second question: Is the Hooves skill enough while leveling (especially for the bosses)? Well linked and with wands that fit the build of course. Or would you recommend using a different skill for leveling?

easy to level with, same gems as OP in boots. for weapon use tulborn + storm prison. i immediately skilled myself all the way to the left and grabbed the jewel slot there to put in green dream for phase runs. just leveled my elementalist up to dried lake merc within 5 hours.
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Second question: Is the Hooves skill enough while leveling (especially for the bosses)? Well linked and with wands that fit the build of course. Or would you recommend using a different skill for leveling?

easy to level with, same gems as OP in boots. for weapon use tulborn + storm prison. i immediately skilled myself all the way to the left and grabbed the jewel slot there to put in green dream for phase runs. just leveled my elementalist up to dried lake merc within 5 hours.

Did the same, but used Wands with high flat fire to spell and high spell damage, was a breeze. But now at Act 4 Cruel it is starting to feel kinda slow. My damage seems to be lacking (around 2200 buffed tooltip) and I am getting killed rather frequently. Just recently updated wands, which was a big boost but not enough, still have to run 4-5 times through blue/rares and boss fights are a nightmare.

Any advice for some upgrades I didnt think about? Maybe in form of uniques I missed? For around level 48-50. I know I can easily get much more life and ES from gear and that is what I am gonna do if noone comes up with something to boost my damage.

You can check out CentaursAreDope in my profile if you want to have a look at gear and passives.

EDIT:Fixed the damage problems by starting to run Flammability. Feeling stupid to not think about it earlier :D Easy going now again.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 5, 2017, 11:06:44 AM
im doing the your build, but having a hard time getting my 3rd ascend, how you manage to kill izaro? thanks!
"
pudge1811 wrote:
im doing the your build, but having a hard time getting my 3rd ascend, how you manage to kill izaro? thanks!

Mentioned before somewhere in the thread, this is not a build that can easily kill Izaro, at all. For boss kills the build relies on Vaal Righteous Fire which can not be used for Izaro as you enter a new zone to get to him.

OP mentioned that the best thing to do is get a Lab carry from someone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info