[2.6] - The Stampede! (Abberath's Fury build) Insane Clear Speed - 1 shot guardians!

what about the boot enchant "Adds 45 to 68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently" that could give a great boost
Can you do this with 5link shav? does the damage for 5link compare to 6link is huge? should I try it with 5l? or 6link?
"
Condawg15 wrote:
what about the boot enchant "Adds 45 to 68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently" that could give a great boost

I already went over this in the original post. It's the best enchant, I just am not getting lucky with the damn enchants. Even using Twice Enchanted prophecies.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Condawg15 wrote:

I already went over this in the original post. It's the best enchant, I just am not getting lucky with the damn enchants. Even using Twice Enchanted prophecies.

sorry didnt see it in original thanks for reply
Last edited by Condawg15 on Jan 2, 2017, 8:23:41 PM
"
Condawg15 wrote:

Honestly the damage on this build is such overkill that you'd be better off with a utility enchant. I'm currently using the leech enchant, though stun avoidance or movement speed (when not hit recently) would also be nice.
"
Grimdarrk wrote:
how should i ascend?

I would like to know this also. Seems to be absent from the guide. BTW the boots are fun as hell, just started leveling with them.
Last edited by CylonVR on Jan 2, 2017, 11:54:04 PM
Finally got to the guardians with my CI Assassin version of the build. Thanks again for the idea to use VRF because Choir's Lightning Bolt (my original plan) just didn't scale enough for single target in late red maps.

My version vs minotaur for reference.

Now I'm wondering if the build can 2-shot Phoenix. I took off about 1/4 of minotaur's life with the initial hit, so with some tweaks maybe I can push it to 1/2 per hit:

* Elemental focus for 1.49x damage
* A non-fire spell in Malachai's Artifice for -30% fire res, though I'll lose a bit of damage in dropping either of my rings.
* Orb of storms - curse on hit - flammability, which I had but forgot to use in the video.

So the final setup would be VRF - VRF - Conc - CD - FPen - Focus. Just need some time to get a 6-link chest with decent ES.

[edit] Also contemplating a friggin Boot swap right before Phoenix. It'll give me more ES for VRF and stop Fury from ruining the Assassin's slight crit multi bonus against enemies on full life.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Jan 3, 2017, 12:27:41 AM
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Finally got to the guardians with my CI Assassin version of the build. Thanks again for the idea to use VRF because Choir's Lightning Bolt (my original plan) just didn't scale enough for single target in late red maps.

Now I'm wondering if the build can 2-shot Phoenix. I took off about 1/4 of minotaur's life with the initial hit, so with some tweaks maybe I can push it to 1/2 per hit:

* A non-fire spell in Malachai's Artifice for -30% fire res, though I'll lose a bit of damage in dropping either of my rings.
* Orb of storms - curse on hit - flammability, which I had but forgot to use in the video.

So the final setup would be VRF - VRF - Conc - CD - FPen - Focus. Just need some time to get a 6-link chest with decent ES.

[edit] Also contemplating a friggin Boot swap right before Phoenix. It'll give me more ES for VRF and stop Fury from ruining the Assassin's slight crit multi bonus against enemies on full life.

lol not too bad there with the video. Big difference I'm noticing is that it seems like you have to walk back or in zig zag a bit too much without the prolif.

As for trying phoenix, that seems like going through a lot of trouble :P

And for the boot swap, yes for the ES, but VRF has enough AoE even with conc effect that the fury shouldn't be a problem if you position yourself correctly.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I have 2 questions:

1) Is the a substitute for headhunter? If so what would it's traits be?
2) Ascendency nodes are not mentioned, but I might be blind. :)
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:

lol not too bad there with the video. Big difference I'm noticing is that it seems like you have to walk back or in zig zag a bit too much without the prolif.

As for trying phoenix, that seems like going through a lot of trouble :P

And for the boot swap, yes for the ES, but VRF has enough AoE even with conc effect that the fury shouldn't be a problem if you position yourself correctly.

Phoenix will certainly be a pain but I do enjoy the fine-tuning process. I started out with excess Fury damage (~23k tooltip) and tuned it down so I could get bigger burns to imitate you; now it's just a matter of tuning down the burn (it's way overkill in both our setups) in favor of more on-hit damage. My VRF is on a 5l right now and there aren't that many good supports for it, so might as well throw in a second VRF once I get a 6l.

The map clearing could have been faster, I'm just kinda bad at it. I switched to dual Doryani just to be on the safe side burn-damage-wise vs the boss, but my usual setup is dual Divinarius for the 20% AoE, and there's room to improve if I ever get Dying Sun. Abberath's Hooves does give me some prolif and you can see mobs I left behind that burned to death, but it's hard to break the habit of personally shattering mobs before moving on.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Jan 3, 2017, 2:34:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info