CI Raider Howa Uber/Shaper/Anything Destroyed

It's very easy to switch between BF and ST with howa. You just need to move a few points around and switch out a couple gems. Jewels will need projectile damage instead of AOE damage.

I think they're both equally strong, although BF may excel in single target damage a bit more while ST is much faster for general map clearing.
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
Character is completed, I think this is as far as I can push the build in terms of gear. Will try to hit level 98 depending on how much more mapping Im going to do with my friends.

I think the only thing I'm really missing is a blade flurry enchant for my helmet, but probably not going to grind lab for it because i hate lab forever

gear

14.6k ES with discipline
11.4k Tooltip with wrath + HoT

Very powerful and very tanky. This is the most i've ever geared up any character and probably the most I've mapped on a single character ever.

It's not complete yet, you need to exalt your amulet for WED. LoL xD
Sick items mate..

Possible to fit in ancestral protector into the build?
Is elemental weakness better than conductivity? But then you can't shock with HOT right?
HOT VS [conductivity + 3 skill points + shock]?
How many attacks per second are you doing? Faster attack VS Added lightning dmg?
Last edited by Max515 on Jan 17, 2017, 9:09:39 AM
I copied MFJones build/skill tree, pretty insane. Don't have LV4 Enlighten yet so I'm missing the 3 aura setup but even then it's more than enough in terms of damage. Probably gonna invest whatever currency I get from now on into this build.
"
MFJones wrote:
Character is completed, I think this is as far as I can push the build in terms of gear. Will try to hit level 98 depending on how much more mapping Im going to do with my friends.

I think the only thing I'm really missing is a blade flurry enchant for my helmet, but probably not going to grind lab for it because i hate lab forever

gear

14.6k ES with discipline
11.4k Tooltip with wrath + HoT

Very powerful and very tanky. This is the most i've ever geared up any character and probably the most I've mapped on a single character ever.

you character is a thing of beauty
"
Max515 wrote:

It's not complete yet, you need to exalt your amulet for WED. LoL xD
Sick items mate..

Possible to fit in ancestral protector into the build?
Is elemental weakness better than conductivity? But then you can't shock with HOT right?
HOT VS [conductivity + 3 skill points + shock]?
How many attacks per second are you doing? Faster attack VS Added lightning dmg?

I've tried ancestral protector and warchief in the build but not really needed and it also dies too quickly especially during boss fights so the DPS boost from it isn't that great imo. I think just dropping an orb of storms curse on hit is way better because orb of storms last 10 seconds and doesn't die. Casting it is also very fast when you have full frenzy charges up.

Elemental weakness is better since you can't shock. A 20/20 ele weakness gives -44% elemental resist. Conductivity gives the same at level 20 but for lightning resist only. I just use ele weakness because it's a bit more versatile and I tend to play in a group of 3-4. Also good to link culling strike to orb of storms which was something another poster suggested earlier in the thread.

hideout tooltip: https://i.imgur.com/DR31L7S.png
buffed tooltip (ele overload and frenzy charges, no flasks): http://i.imgur.com/82qN623.png

I think faster attacks is slightly better than added lightning because with BF you want to build up those 6 stacks and release as quick as possible, as often as possible for maximum DPS.

hope this helps!

"
goldnugget wrote:

you character is a thing of beauty

@goldnugget
thank you
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 17, 2017, 10:38:27 AM
"
Xephaz wrote:
I copied MFJones build/skill tree, pretty insane. Don't have LV4 Enlighten yet so I'm missing the 3 aura setup but even then it's more than enough in terms of damage. Probably gonna invest whatever currency I get from now on into this build.

If you have high enough mana pool (1.2k+) then a level 4 enlighten is more of a luxury than a requirement I think. Very easy to get high mana due to the amount of int you can stack on the build.

With charisma cluster (12% mana reserve reduction) and a level 3 enlighten will leave you with around 100 unreserved mana when running disc + wrath + hot: https://poe.mikelat.com/#Wcxbjl/xB3l.iRh

With level 4 enlighten you get up to about 170-180 unreserved mana. Helps with no regen/low regen maps but certainly not needed.

This build is indeed insane for end-game content clearing, it simply trivializes it and the build scales amazingly with GG gear. The better your gear, the stronger the build and you can really feel each upgrade you get. Even if it's just a +20 int on passive tree or gear or jewels, it's huge and feels great. The downside is that the build is so meta currently so a lot of the items are overpriced imo.

I've tried so many "top tier" builds this league and this one is by far the strongest and most efficient when it comes to end-game content, especially guardians/shaper, and uber atziri. Let's not even talk about uber izaro, complete joke. This build completely shits on the retch cycloner I played in the beginning of the league, cospri's discharge, and signal shot. IF you put 60 exalts on each of these builds, howa build will still perform 5x better.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 17, 2017, 10:42:47 AM
We can't shock due to HOT right?
I'm going to try dropping HOT and 3 points on the aura nodes for conductivity since I don't party much.

Thanks for the fast reply.
"
Max515 wrote:
We can't shock due to HOT right?
I'm going to try dropping HOT and 3 points on the aura nodes for conductivity since I don't party much.

Thanks for the fast reply.

We don't shock due to elemental focus linked to blade flurry

i'm also selling some old items i upgraded from if anyone is interested, feel free to pm me or find me in game

MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 17, 2017, 12:01:25 PM
@MFJones, mate i see some people copying your skill tree. Im new to this build, finished building today and i'd like to give it a go. Whats the difference between your skill tree and this guide ?
Also, did you change you Ascendancies ?
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 17, 2017, 12:32:58 PM
"
Indraugnir wrote:
@MFJones, mate i see some people copying your skill tree. Im new to this build, finished building today and i'd like to give it a go. Whats the difference between your skill tree and this guide ?
Also, did you change you Ascendancies ?

OP's build doesn't travel all the way to unwavering stance for stun immunity. Personally I think it's worth spending the 7-8 points just for unwavering to be completely stun immune, the build feels much smoother and much safer with unwavering. You can try it without unwavering first if you'd like to see how it feels to you.

I think my tree also takes an extra accuracy cluster need ranger tree to allow me to hit 84% chance to hit. You may not need to do this if you get enough accuracy on your gear.

Raider is the best ascendancy for this I believe. The elemental status immunity is very key and allows us to run 3 unique flasks. The other two flasks should be bleed immunity ones.

MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 17, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info