CI Raider Howa Uber/Shaper/Anything Destroyed

"
zeldicx wrote:
How viable is it for HC? I love it!

I'd say it's viable as fuck considering how much ES you can get from the int scaling, while still has very good DPS and decent clear speed.

The only things you need to watch out for are big packs of porcupines, especially when there is minus max resist and damage mods/extra projectiles. Best way to deal with these are to pop vaal discipline and clear the pack or take it slowly.
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
"
zeldicx wrote:
How viable is it for HC? I love it!

I'd say it's viable as fuck considering how much ES you can get from the int scaling, while still has very good DPS and decent clear speed.

The only things you need to watch out for are big packs of porcupines, especially when there is minus max resist and damage mods/extra projectiles. Best way to deal with these are to pop vaal discipline and clear the pack or take it slowly.

Many thanks for your tips, i'll start today with it!
"
zeldicx wrote:

Also forgot to mention elemental reflect rares can be a problem in minus max or ele weakness (if not overcapped) when your vinktar's is down. You can easily 2-3 shot yourself if not paying attention, but with vinktar's up you should be able to leech it back and 1-2 shot the rare anyway.
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
"
zeldicx wrote:

Also forgot to mention elemental reflect rares can be a problem in minus max or ele weakness (if not overcapped) when your vinktar's is down. You can easily 2-3 shot yourself if not paying attention, but with vinktar's up you should be able to leech it back and 1-2 shot the rare anyway.

You know I have been trying to answer most of the questions but I have been working so damn much and 99% of the time you beat me to them! Thanks for all your Help man Surely do appreciate it!
"
ExilezQ wrote:

You know I have been trying to answer most of the questions but I have been working so damn much and 99% of the time you beat me to them! Thanks for all your Help man Surely do appreciate it!

No problem, it's a good build and everyone should give it a try before howa is nerfed next league. Really great for anyone trying to push to finish the league challenges too. Does all breachlords, guardians, and shaper with relative ease. I am just happy I was able to find a build to drop my accumulated currency on this league. Everything else I've tried has been very lackluster
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 12, 2017, 9:40:48 PM
"
MFJones wrote:
"
goldnugget wrote:

i'm left with 152 mana. that seems like enough. haven't tried a no regen map with it yet, but the mana leech node seems to do its work.

In the hideout i'm at level 85, 8172 ES, 7199 tooltip (11295 with conc effect), 1085 int, 84% chance to hit. do you think i'm ready for stuff like shaper once i get a vinktars? other than that upgrade, would i just need these big multi exalt items, or is there something easier?

shaper is the goal i set for myself this league and i would really appreciate some help.

I think your damage can be higher, you can do so by trying to get more int on your gear if possible as upgrades. But 7k tooltip with auras is good. 84% chance to hit is also fine, I previously played with as low as 78% and still felt okay. Aim for something like 1.1k or even 1.2k int would be great for both your ES and damage.

You can also try to get higher ES, I think 8k for this build is a bit low but you're only level 85 so you still have 5-6 "easy" levels to go. 10k ES should be pretty easy with some upgrades and some levels.

If you know the shaper fight well I think it's pretty safe to go for it and give it a try. I think you have a good chance of succeeding. Just make sure you use orb of storm + ele weakness curse on hit combo. With the amount of lightning penetration this build gets, the extra ele resist reduction will help a lot for shaper especially.

well, up to 9.1k ES after crafting myself a nice

up to 1126 int and got vinktars aswell. i might wait till lvl 20 skill gems before i attempt shaper. do you think i'll be ready or should i just get crafting some gloves before i try it? i've never done shaper or uber aztiri in 3 years of playing, and those are the goals i set for myself this league.

also do you think its worth using a Brute Force Solution on the bottom jewel socket?
Last edited by goldnugget on Jan 13, 2017, 7:47:53 AM
"
goldnugget wrote:

up to 1126 int and got vinktars aswell. i might wait till lvl 20 skill gems before i attempt shaper. do you think i'll be ready or should i just get crafting some gloves before i try it? i've never done shaper or uber aztiri in 3 years of playing, and those are the goals i set for myself this league.

also do you think its worth using a Brute Force Solution on the bottom jewel socket?

Brute force solution in the jewel slot under duelist area is great. I think even a good rare is hard to beat ~70+ more int. The only reason I'm not using one is because I actually need that 40 strength to help meet gem requirements, as I am not using astramentis and my current amulet doesn't give enough str.

I think you can give shaper a try. If you're rusty then maybe watch a video of someone else do it first before attempting as a mental refresh.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 13, 2017, 8:10:50 AM
Nice guide man did everything already but made a few changes cause of stuns. The heart of oak and boot enchant is not tht reliable in my experience for hard boss fights so i opted for corrupted kaom's boot plus they are pretty cheap with + frenzy. currently at 9.1k es and dps is around 21k on max charges.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAX5DY0OSBB7EQ8RLxFQEYERlhSwFdcV8BcmGYoZ1xvIHxgi6iL0I9MqOCsKLL81uTY9Ow08vj1fQdBJUUwtTipR-1JTVP5VhVZIVmNW-luvXGtd8l9qX3Bjp2wLbRltbG8neoR-r3_Ggh6DbYRIhMWGrohCjAuNGY9Gj2CP-pAKkyeTlZXMlwaX9Jpqm6GbtaEvo4qly6cIpyusmK0zr-u1SLl8vea-Or6KwcXDOsNtzRbP3dCt0NDTftgk2NXZX9sa3UbdjOAS53Tn6ujW6xTrY-wY7LDtP-4O73rv6_DV8Yr31_kz-WP8xQ==
Where should i place the fertile mind jewels?
"
Helchen wrote:
Where should i place the fertile mind jewels?

on the 3 sockets closest to your starting position, around all the dexterity
Last edited by goldnugget on Jan 13, 2017, 4:41:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info