[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

Actually managed to hit 100 mainly due to the Rumi's tip; haven't died to reflect while mapping since I started using it. Thanks!!

"
SorakPoE wrote:
In addition I think you also really really want curse immunity - it's incredibly easy to one shot yourself to reflect if you ever get cursed with Ele Weakness or Conductivity and hit a reflect mob.
Yup, my fifth flask was a silver (of warding) before I switched to a Rumi's. Overall I didn't really find Freeze to be a problem (aside from when I stupidly yolo-activate strongboxes) so I just never put it back in, though of course that would be the sensible choice, lol.
Last edited by nerf_t on May 13, 2017, 3:43:33 AM
Im having mana issues with ST. I don't see mana leech nodes, items, or gems in OP's build. Is this normal? The build is a little confusing because it's for both BF and ST which require different things.
"
Bibibabibu wrote:
Im having mana issues with ST. I don't see mana leech nodes, items, or gems in OP's build. Is this normal? The build is a little confusing because it's for both BF and ST which require different things.

Soul Raker or Life and Mana Leech in duelist area.
Will this build be viable in 3.0?
"
garantivil wrote:
Will this build be viable in 3.0?

One thing for certain is that HoWA will be nerfed. Whether the build will still be viable remains to be seen, but it probably will. That said, it will be weakened considerably and we'll have to wait and see if it'll still be worth rolling HoWA then.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hey guys, been playing this build on my current char and it's been going great, but had a quick ascendancy question.

I played a lot of pathfinder (via frost blades) before I rolled this char and I really miss it. I understand that the free frenzy charges are great, but would I be losing out on something big if I rerolled my STer to be a pathfinder instead? I only ever see people post ST builds as raider, so I'm assuming I'm missing something given that so few people include pathfinder as a viable ST option in their build guides.

edit: I play LHC in case that matters.
Last edited by Homesuck on May 14, 2017, 2:45:03 PM
Finally Chanced the hh to my version ;)

really great build and maybe the char i played the most so far :P

"

mfg
Majin
Last edited by Majin111 on May 14, 2017, 9:01:23 AM
"
Homesuck wrote:
Hey guys, been playing this build on my current char and it's been going great, but had a quick ascendancy question.

I played a lot of pathfinder (via frost blades) before I rolled this char and I really miss it. I understand that the free frenzy charges are great, but would I be losing out on something big if I rerolled my STer to be a pathfinder instead? I only ever see people post ST builds as raider, so I'm assuming I'm missing something given that so few people include pathfinder as a viable ST option in their build guides.

edit: I play LHC in case that matters.

I considered Pathfinder as well, but the reasons why it's not really common:

1) especially for the Crit version of HoWA, increased flask effectiveness isn't as useful - Vinktar still won't be up all the time, Silver and Diamond flasks don't benefit from flask effectiveness.

2) There isn't really any great 4th Ascendancy. All of our damage comes from Ele, so Master Herbalist does nothing, and since you really would want Master Alchemist and Veteran Bowyer you can't grab Master Surgeon (which isn't all that great anymore anyway.) So you're left getting Nature's Adrenaline which is pretty underwhelming comparatively.

3) Once you reach a decent level of gear, you gain flask charges fast enough during normal mapping to have nearly 100% uptime anyway, so the Pathfinder benefit is strictly for bosses / QoL pressing flasks less often. But even on bosses like Shaper / Uber Atziri you don't really benefit that much from higher flask uptime after a certain level of gear because they get burned down so fast, so...

If you want to play a defensive version of the build, Pathfinder is probably a fine choice, and may even be stronger at bossing with mid-tier gear. But the build is definitely stronger IMHO as a Raider once you start to get to top-tier damage levels.
Update for me: I was in the 'no Skyforth' camp for a long time, but recently I finally converted. The inspiration came from wanting to use Inspired Learning in the Jewel socket near Blood Drinker - I tested it out on a whim before I had a Skyforth by dropping the Vitality Void cluster to grab Blood Drinker and Infused, and while it did cost 1.2% leech and about 10% damage, in practice it made mapping a lot more fun for the last couple hundred tri-league maps I had to run for challenges. It is also substantially stronger on average due to the Rare mods you steal, although this can vary a lot obviously.

Then I noticed that the Skyforth tree actually takes these nodes already - so as it turns out, I was gaining a lot more than before by using Skyforth since I wanted the notables in that area anyway, and had dropped some of the key nodes that the non-Skyforth tree has. In addition, this way I don't lose anything in my bossing setup from catering to Inspired Learning since it's just a simple swap of a Jewel to go back to an 'optimal' tree for bossing. This actually had more impact on mapping QoL than I expected even - map bosses were never a problem before, but they seem to go down a lot faster now that I have 5 power charges up constantly rather than only in boss fights where I was swapping into Slower Proj.

Not sure if related, but was finally able to beat Hall of GM as well as a side bonus :)

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:

Still working on optimizing my Jewel setup + rings; it's a bit tricky due to needing some resists and attributes from them.
Last edited by SorakPoE on May 14, 2017, 6:50:08 PM
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Update for me: I was in the 'no Skyforth' camp for a long time, but recently I finally converted. The inspiration came from wanting to use Inspired Learning in the Jewel socket near Blood Drinker - I tested it out on a whim before I had a Skyforth by dropping the Vitality Void cluster to grab Blood Drinker and Infused, and while it did cost 1.2% leech and about 10% damage, in practice it made mapping a lot more fun for the last couple hundred tri-league maps I had to run for challenges. It is also substantially stronger on average due to the Rare mods you steal, although this can vary a lot obviously.

Then I noticed that the Skyforth tree actually takes these nodes already - so as it turns out, I was gaining a lot more than before by using Skyforth since I wanted the notables in that area anyway, and had dropped some of the key nodes that the non-Skyforth tree has. In addition, this way I don't lose anything in my bossing setup from catering to Inspired Learning since it's just a simple swap of a Jewel to go back to an 'optimal' tree for bossing. This actually had more impact on mapping QoL than I expected even - map bosses were never a problem before, but they seem to go down a lot faster now that I have 5 power charges up constantly rather than only in boss fights where I was swapping into Slower Proj.

Not sure if related, but was finally able to beat Hall of GM as well as a side bonus :)

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:

Still working on optimizing my Jewel setup + rings; it's a bit tricky due to needing some resists and attributes from them.

Utilising Inspired Learning on the Skyforth setup is a very smart idea! I wonder if it would be worth giving up that jewel socket and a few points for inspired learning if you have a godly crystal belt, as opposed to using headhunter.

"
Majin111 wrote:
Finally Chanced the hh to my version ;)

really great build and maybe the char i played the most so far :P

"

mfg
Majin

Gratz! That's you done for the league!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post