[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

"
Invalesco wrote:

Hey! I would recommend swapping incr. crit damage for elemental focus for more DPS.
I would also recommend getting an Atziri's Flask for more DPS/leech. The best upgrade for you at this point (imo) would be a better ES chest, which would enable you to break 10k and be less squishy. Your next few levels will see you grab soul raker as well which will be a significant DPS boost.

Hey Invalesco, thank you for your reply. I swapped gems as suggested. Now DPS climbed to 13k. With Atziri flask up its 15k.

A chest upgrade would cost me 10-15 EX minimum and this is waaay out of range for me. So I think this is a dead end for me unfortunately (but expected) :/

"
Invalesco wrote:

You can. Its a decent placeholder, but it will not be the BIS for a crit build.

I will jump in and say that if you are using Shaper's Touch for gloves, Astramentis is fairly hard to beat. A very good rare amulet can be better, but I believe it needs to have WED, Crit Multi, as well as 70+ total Int to be stronger DPS-wise, and high roll ES% in order to be better for ES. An amulet like this is extremely hard to find - I check poe.trade on and off but I haven't seen one that has all of these mods at once.

If you're not using Shaper's Touch however the bar is a lot lower for a rare amulet to be better than Astra.
Well i could sell astramentis but was just wondering if its good for howa bf
I cant get hands on a 6 link . what gems should i use in a 5 link? I got astramentis - that means i should use shapers gloves?? :) - btw im playnning to play BF
Last edited by Ravers on Apr 25, 2017, 2:41:37 PM
i think for BF howa the shapers touch are pretty bad but they seem good for ST howa
60k BF - isnt that low compared to 200k ST ? or am i totally wrong about that :)?
"
i think for BF howa the shapers touch are pretty bad but they seem good for ST howa

I'm not sure why you think they're good for one skill but not the other? Ultimately what Shaper's Touch gives you is a one gear slot solution to all of your accuracy problems. They synergize particularly well with Astramentis because the additional Strength that comes from Astra usually is wasted, but with Shaper's Touch turns into ES%; not to mention the large amount of Intelligence 'double dips' counting for both accuracy and flat lightning damage from HoWA.

If you are already using Shaper's Touch, then it takes a very very good amulet to out-perform Astramentis in both DPS and ES, although if you're ok with one or the other it's not that hard. My amulet for instance was bought for less than an exalt and it gets more damage than an Astramentis but less ES. If I craft ES% on it and remove the Int I get lower DPS than an Astra and still slightly less ES.

If you're not using Shaper's Touch, then it's pretty easy to buy an amulet that gives both more damage and more ES than an Astramentis.
"
Ravers wrote:
60k BF - isnt that low compared to 200k ST ? or am i totally wrong about that :)?

60k is the 'damage per hit' shown on the tooltip - BF doesn't show a 'damage per second' number.

In reality the DPS of BF is something like 15x the tooltip damage per hit number if you are able to consistently get 6 stacks and release.
Thank you for ur awesome replies <3!
By the way - i only got a 5 LINK - which gems are pref for BF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info