[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

"
Its on Privat so no one will be able to help you :)

sorry for this.opened
what gear i have to change if i change my non crit passive to this one?(ST)

Spoiler

so with the same gear ( i tried an amy with cri multi etc but was worse then astramentis) and ofc changed gems ...
the crit version gived me 7k more dps in hideout and lost 40k or more dmg with full frenzy and flask ???
also lost 1.5k es
disappointed

Spoiler
yes i returned in the non crit version at the end i just lost 82chaos but at least i know the non crit is better(for me)
Last edited by RedStark on Mar 21, 2017, 11:39:29 AM
"
neosilver1 wrote:
New "newb" questions:

1) Why do you use Elemental weakness if you don't even use it to kill mobs?

2) same question for teleport flame dash

2bis) how do you recharge your vinktar vessel against UBER bosses?

3) How do you get so much DPS with blade flurry on your stat? Considering all is elemental POE doesn't show you this type of DPS. Then i consider that for lvl 93 you did 22k physical DPS right?

But how?

(sorry for my english lvl)

regards

Heya! no worries, your english is fine.

1) I use it primarily on bosses/tough rares. Usual mobs die too quickly to warrant using the curse to begin with.

2) Those are for certain maps like mesa for instance where it'll speed up ur clear speed significantly if you use it to avoid looking for entrances/exits to cliffs.

2b) I don't. Tbh vinktar is more of a protection versus reflect. HoWAs damage is so high and Shaper continuously teleports around/changes phase that Vinktar isnt really a reliable source of dps bonus in those fights.

3) its all about scaling crit multi. I did 22k physical DPS? That doesn't seem right... Its all lightning DPS with only a tiny amount being the base physical damage from the claws.

"
vileArchon wrote:
Hi Invalesco,

Following your previous advice ive upgraded a few of my pieces (6L my chest in 40fusings wew), also got 20%q gems closing in on 20/20.

ANy ideas on my next upgrades? My resistances are capped and I have 10k ES. Crystal belt would be my next upgrade but im open to any suggestions :)

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vileArchon/characters

gratz on the 6L and the crystal belt upgrade! I would aim to upgrade the helm next, then once you're happy with all the other pieces, start to work on the rings. I would also recommend getting the warding mod on your silver flask. (You don't need immune to chill on that. The onslaught effect when you activate your silver flask automatically makes you immune to status ailments). After which I would replace the sulphur flask with a diamond for a higher dps boost. The Wise Oak is also another essential flask that you should try to fit in when possible.

"
SpreeHD wrote:
Did shaper and uber atziri with ST yesterday and not having instant leech was a pretty big issue for me. Respecced to BF today and it's been so much fun. 1-shotting most t15 bosses and comfortably killing shaper/uber atziri/guardians deathless.

Clearspeed is pretty ass but I got a Dying Sun from my 4th shaper kill and the AoE is much better with it.

Yup, personally I preferred BF for boss killing myself. There is no doubt that ST clears better on maps though. It all depends on playstyle preferences I imagine. Gratz on the shaper kill and dying sun flask!

"
Felrora wrote:
Hello, I'm currently playing this build in Legacy HC on lvl89.
How good is the amulet Choir of the Storm for this build? I didnt play last league so I have no idea how much dmg it would provide compared to a regular amulet/talisman.

Hey! I wouldn't recommend Choir of the Storm. It gets outdps-ed by a good rare ammy even if you have 200 or so uncapped lightning res, not to mention providing less ES as well. Stay safe in HC!

"
Essem wrote:
Skyforth something to go for in this build? could drop the trip down to Unwavering Stance possibly.

In an ST variant, Skyforth would indeed be a marginal (very very marginal) improvement. In a BF variant though which is what you're using, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

At first glance it may seem that pathing towards US may not be worth it. However, you must consider that HoWA builds need INT to improve their base damage. With just those 6 points you get an extra 40 base intelligence (I say base because it hasn't yet been multiplied by HoWAs and gear) and stun immunity on the tree, freeing up a boots slot for potentially another 50 intelligence, >200+ ES and dual res. All in all, that is 6 points for approx 90+ int (for more damage and more %ED), >200+ base ES and res (which is already tough as it is to get, and which will free up a suffix slot on the gloves for %attack speed craft), which I personally feel is much better than anywhere else that I may be able to spend those 6 points on.

"
edm161 wrote:
"
Its on Privat so no one will be able to help you :)

sorry for this.opened

Your boots are alright. Your circlet has a few irrelevant/useless mods on them like life and the reduced attributes requirement mod. That said, it does have nice ES. Your boots are alright. Your damage is only around the 10k mark in hideout largely because you only have 956 int. Try and start getting Int on your gear. First try and get an upgrade on the chestpiece: get a good chest piece with >800 ES, Int and double res. Next up get a helm with Int as well. If you can, also look for higher INT and ES on your gloves. The attack speed mod isn't so essential. INT and ES are always going to be the priority. Jewellery will always be tough to find upgrades for. Leave those for the last. Only upgrade them when you've gotten better gear for the other slots so as to make juggling resists less of a headache.

"
RedStark wrote:
what gear i have to change if i change my non crit passive to this one?(ST)

Spoiler

so with the same gear ( i tried an amy with cri multi etc but was worse then astramentis) and ofc changed gems ...
the crit version gived me 7k more dps in hideout and lost 40k or more dmg with full frenzy and flask ???
also lost 1.5k es
disappointed

Spoiler
yes i returned in the non crit version at the end i just lost 82chaos but at least i know the non crit is better(for me)

Going crit is more than just changing amulets and gems... Your tree is still specced for non-crit and you have elemental overload selected so you don't actually gain anything by equipping an ammy with crit multi..
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
ty for answers!
Hi fellow STers and BFers

I just switched over from leveling with ST, to CI BF.

Any advice on where my next upgrade should be? I realize most of my gear is so so, so important to focus in. I feel my ES is definately lacking, only sitting around 6.5k ES right now.
"
neosilver1 wrote:
New "newb" questions:

3) How do you get so much DPS with blade flurry on your stat? Considering all is elemental POE doesn't show you this type of DPS. Then i consider that for lvl 93 you did 22k physical DPS right?

But how?

regards

any answer please?
If i am using the Wise oak, how good is the penetration Vinktar version then.Wondering if the added lighting one becomes better in this instance.
I guess it was too much text last time i asked so i try again only with the questions :D :

1.Obviously the int roll on the claw is pretty important.....but what about the dex roll? And how much does 1% help? Would it for example be better to have a 12%int 9% dex or a 11% int 12%dex rolled?

2.As another person asked already: Why ele weakness? Did you actually use it sometimes? I feel like manual casting it on bosses feels clunky and takes away leech time!?

3.How much does the brute force and a second fertile mind actually help? Will be probably my next buy but not sure if maybe some other upgrades help more!?

4.The wise oak works like 20 lightning pen if Light res is the highest right? So if light res is not my highest its kinda useless!?

5.Did you actually try to calculate Point Blank for ST? Nearly everyone else says it great for Single Target dps if you have enought dmg to one shot trash anyways....
What would you drop if you took that? I think i will take it when my equip got good.

Thx for the nice build :)

Last edited by rossko on Mar 21, 2017, 3:08:33 PM
Hello All - just a quick update.

Was able to take down shaper deathless today. First attempt of the league ended with a few stupid deaths that were entirely avoidable. Second attempt was flawless, got gloves both times. Build feels really good, I suppose it's time to min-max.

Suggestions on what I should update first?

Gloves, Helm, Boots - is what I'm considering. The helm, I feel like would need to be re-crafted.

Any opinions would be great!

Thanks,
Last edited by JSquiggle on Mar 21, 2017, 3:38:45 PM
"
neosilver1 wrote:
"
neosilver1 wrote:
New "newb" questions:

But how?

regards

any answer please?

1. Bosses
2. Shaper/Lab/Maps (whirling blade can't leap over gaps)
2B. Kill mobs, if its uber lab, just kill enough and don't use your flask until the boss. Same with shaper and atiziri, just don't use it until you're ready.
3. The damage is elemental (lightning), he's not doing 22k physical dps. Its lightning damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info