[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

Thanks for the amazing guide, first time BFing, and loving it. Just switched over, my gear is very so so, only sitting at 6.5k ES, and wondering where i should be looking for my first upgrades to get the best bang for my buck?

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times, but how well does the ST compare to BF when it comes to Shaper and such.

I know ST = more aoe and faster clear, but can ST clear shaper at a relatively same rate if u had same gear as BF?

ST just seems alot more fun to me, and would love to give it a try but if it struggles for shaper, might be a bit of a throw off.
Last edited by xflinn on Mar 22, 2017, 3:09:07 AM
Trying to decide between three passive keystones, all of which require 3 passives:

- Acuity: 9% IAS, 20 Int, 36% Accuracy
- Claws of the Falcon: 90% crit chance, 20% Accuracy
- True Strike: 75% crit chance, 12% crit multi

Before taking any of these nodes I'm sitting at about 52% crit chance in hideout (ice golem up but no other charges/buffs) and 495% crit multi. Accuracy at 2374 with golem up. Attacks per second at 4.9 (blade flurry) without frenzy charges or other buffs. Intelligence at 1060.

Any views which would suit me best - I'm leaning towards Claws of the Falcon as my Crit Multi is 495% so the boost in crit chance is pretty meaningful.

EDIT: On taking Claws of the Falcon my crit chance in hideout is 59% (ice golem up) and Blade Flurry DPS in hideout is 9.8k (no charges or anything).

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 22, 2017, 4:56:48 AM
"
KasperBN wrote:
Thanks for the amazing guide, first time BFing, and loving it. Just switched over, my gear is very so so, only sitting at 6.5k ES, and wondering where i should be looking for my first upgrades to get the best bang for my buck?

Your helmet. You can get a 250es+ one with 2 resists and either intelligence or a free suffix to craft 30 int for 10-20c. That would have by far the biggest impact on your char when compared to what you invest.

Also, get a Wise Oak. Around 10c and will act as a "20% more damage" multiplier if your lightning resists are highest.

"
xflinn wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked numerous times, but how well does the ST compare to BF when it comes to Shaper and such.

I know ST = more aoe and faster clear, but can ST clear shaper at a relatively same rate if u had same gear as BF?

ST just seems alot more fun to me, and would love to give it a try but if it struggles for shaper, might be a bit of a throw off.

With comparable gear the difference in killing high end bosses like shaper or Uber Atziri will be measured in seconds and not in "can do" or "can't do". Taken that into account and with the recent 15% less damage nerf to BF coupled with the overall AOE nerf to the whole game I feel like ST is now vastly superior. For comparison, before the AOE nerf the clearspeed difference could be seen but was not that much of a big deal. Now though it feels as if I clear more than double as fast with ST.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 22, 2017, 10:50:18 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Trying to decide between three passive keystones, all of which require 3 passives:

Before taking any of these nodes I'm sitting at about 52% crit chance in hideout (ice golem up but no other charges/buffs) and 495% crit multi. Accuracy at 2374 with golem up. Attacks per second at 4.9 (blade flurry) without frenzy charges or other buffs. Intelligence at 1060.

Any views which would suit me best - I'm leaning towards Claws of the Falcon as my Crit Multi is 495% so the boost in crit chance is pretty meaningful.

EDIT: On taking Claws of the Falcon my crit chance in hideout is 59% (ice golem up) and Blade Flurry DPS in hideout is 9.8k (no charges or anything).

P.

If you're looking for IAS/accuracy, there's also Finesse, which is 2 points for 20% accuracy, 8% IAS and 30 dex. Considering you can spend that 3rd point on a 30 int node, 3 points gets you 20% accuracy, 8% IAS, 30 int and 30 dex (at least +60 accuracy and 2% IAS) which is better than Acuity.

In your particular case, you can drop Vitality Void and the int notable for 7 points. With the extra 3 points, you can pick up Soul Raker and a jewel slot. This gives
-10 dex
+60% crit chance
+45% crit multi
-.8% life leech
+.4% mana leech
+jewel node

And then at that point, you're better off not even pathing to Twin Terrors, so that saves another 7 points and you can pick up both Claws of the Falcon AND True Strike/Acuity and still have a point leftover.

If losing the life leech is fine, this provides the most damage with a flexible jewel slot.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Mar 22, 2017, 12:53:07 PM
Whats the estimated cost to be uber atziri/lab viable?
"
demesm wrote:
Whats the estimated cost to be uber atziri/lab viable?

did it with 5l regalia, 6.5k es and vinktar flask
Hey guys, been going with this build for some time, does everything pretty nicely, although i do feel my dps is starting to fall off, could anyone give any pointers as to what gear i should aim at upgrading?
Currently playing ST, 8.2k ES,82% hit chance(bit low), 30% crit(feels low??), ~27k dps with GMP in hideout without ice golem, thinking it will hit ~30k when gems are leveled

current passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAAGAdEB5wMeBfkM8g18DY0OSBEvEVARlhXXFfAV9hX9FyYZihnXGlUfQSL0I9Mk_SoLKjgrCiy_LlMwWzW5Nug31Dy-Ps9B0EMxRmlGcUcGTP9OKlFHVmNbr13yX2pfcF-wYSFieWwIbAttGW8nb1dvnnBSdct3B3gZeoR_xoMJg22ExYTvhq6HE4nTjDaNfo2Bj_qQCpMnlcyXBppqm7WcpJ_LoSKhL6JAo4qly6crpzCtM6_rtAy0xb6KvqfBoMHFwzrEospKytPNmNCt0NDTb9jV2sHb5-dU6mLquuwY7T_uDvGK9Pj5Y_zF_94=?accountName=jafre92&characterName=KasterMedLort

2x fertile mind 1x brute force
1x 6% attack speed and 24 global multi
1x 3% as and 25 global

any help would be appriciated!! loving the build btw!

also, would it be worth speccing into BF for end game or?
Last edited by jafre92 on Mar 22, 2017, 1:22:30 PM
Just a quick question, would a Skin of the Loyal be a good 6L chest for this build. It doesn't have int but should be compensated for by the +1 to gems. Also it should be around a 600 ES chest if you have other decent gear. A 6L ES chest piece would probably be better overall, but a Skin might be good until I get one. Thoughts?
"
dragonsroc wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

If you're looking for IAS/accuracy, there's also Finesse, which is 2 points for 20% accuracy, 8% IAS and 30 dex. Considering you can spend that 3rd point on a 30 int node, 3 points gets you 20% accuracy, 8% IAS, 30 int and 30 dex (at least +60 accuracy and 2% IAS) which is better than Acuity.

In your particular case, you can drop Vitality Void and the int notable for 7 points. With the extra 3 points, you can pick up Soul Raker and a jewel slot. This gives
-10 dex
+60% crit chance
+45% crit multi
-.8% life leech
+.4% mana leech
+jewel node

And then at that point, you're better off not even pathing to Twin Terrors, so that saves another 7 points and you can pick up both Claws of the Falcon AND True Strike/Acuity and still have a point leftover.

If losing the life leech is fine, this provides the most damage with a flexible jewel slot.

Thanks for the detailed reply, this certainly gives food for thought. I'm a little wary about losing 0.4% leech by dropping Vitality Void but certainly some interesting pathing options there!

Thanks again.

P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info