[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

"
Malk87 wrote:
Hey dude, great build, loving it. Just one question, is it better flat accuracy or % accuracy on gear? I am still gearing up but sitting only on 75% hit chance and I need to improve that (and my res) hereby I am here seeking for suggestions!

Hey Malk, good to hear that! It's better to get flat accuracy on gear. Aim for 250+. At least 2 pieces should be enough if you have at least 200 dex.

Yes, 75% hit chance is a little too low for comfort! :p Mind you, you may not notice the effects of the low hit chance right now because BF might not have been fixed yet, but you'll definitely notice it after the fix!

Also, @Harmona with regards to Choir of the Storm. I've used Path of Building to calculate my would-be dps if my lightning res is approx 200% (by changing most of the suffixes on my gear to lightning res as well as uring purity of elements). My effective dps drops by at least 14% and ES by approx. 8%, so I don't think it would be worth it for that extra bit of crit chance.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Leveled to 95. Respecced out of a frenzy charge and took another jewel socket.

Tooltip damage with conc. effect got boosted from 54k to 60k despite losing a frenzy charge. Goes to show how the right jewels are such a major dps boost for this build.

Stats based on Level 95 and a 6L of:

BF (21/20)
LP (20/20)
Incr. AOE (21/20)
Incr. Crit Strikes (21/20)
EF (21/20)
WED (21/20)

Damage in Hideout
Discipline + Wrath
Discipline + HoT + PoL
Damage with Power + Frenzy Charges
Discipline + Wrath
Discipline + HoT + PoL

Stats based on a 6L of:

BF (21/20)
LP (20/20)
Conc. Effect (20/20)
Incr. Crit Strikes (21/20)
EF (21/20)
WED (21/20)

Damage in Hideout
Discipline + Wrath
Discipline + HoT + PoL
Damage with Power + Frenzy Charges
Discipline + Wrath
Discipline + HoT + PoL
Build of the Week 14
Hi there,

I'm currently struggling with knowing what life/es rolls i'm looking for. I'm currently level 57 and stuck to +life until say 50, then have slowly integrated ES onto my gear. Should I still be prioritizing life over ES? Currently sitting on 1.9k life and only 550 ES and finding it hard to stay alive vs boses.
"
tetsuyae wrote:
Hi there,

I'm currently struggling with knowing what life/es rolls i'm looking for. I'm currently level 57 and stuck to +life until say 50, then have slowly integrated ES onto my gear. Should I still be prioritizing life over ES? Currently sitting on 1.9k life and only 550 ES and finding it hard to stay alive vs boses.

Hey, actually what I did was just stick to life gear all the way to 68 or so. I sourced around for some high ES gear which would allow me to switch to CI at about level 68/69 and stashed them till I hit the required level.

Converting from HP to CI tends to be a huge change (at least for me) and involves a complete overhaul of my gear, switching all the life pieces for ES pieces. I wouldn't recommend trying to transition slowly from HP gear to ES/HP gear as you won't have that many ES nodes at that point to make it worth it.

I would just continue stacking life on gear and ignore suboptimal ES gear for now. Grab more HP nodes if you need. Try getting around 3k HP at least to aid leveling for now before you eventually respec to CI.
Build of the Week 14
Hi, I loaded up invalesco into path of building and tweaked it for a pathfinder flask oriented CRIT bf HoWA build. Any reason you chose raider over pathfinder?
"
Kitono wrote:
Hi, I loaded up invalesco into path of building and tweaked it for a pathfinder flask oriented CRIT bf HoWA build. Any reason you chose raider over pathfinder?

Hey! The only reason really is because I felt I would be too lazy to consistently using flasks (although now it does feel like I am using dying sun and my silver flask rather often anyway!). The tree can definitely be tweaked for a pathfinder version pretty easily (just grab the flask nodes and change pathing a little) and yes I do believe that it can potentially be stronger than a raider version especially when all the flask buffs are up.

On a sidenote, uploaded a chayula run:
https://youtu.be/xotrGQqFfJI

The run itself is a little sub-optimal because I backtracked a number of times and got lost once. My flask management itself was also pretty rubbish (didn't use my sulphur and diamond flasks much during the run) and I forgot to use vaal haste. The boss kill is decent at least.
Build of the Week 14
Thanks for the positive feedback! I realize this is going to be an expensive build but I can see through path of building that it gets rather insane for dps. the pathfinder version of your build will be my goal for next league. What do you think of using the retch in belt slot? With pathfinder keeping vinktars flask up at all times you are essentially dealing 40% of your DPS as chaos at all times assuming you are taking damage.
I wanted to thank you for a best build that I've ever tried. And when I'm say "best build", it's not about some abusing of op-meta shit (though it does use meta-unique, of course) and making mad damage out of nothing (I think, pre-nerf Poison Bladefall Traps will never be beaten here). It's all about QoL without sacrificing much damage and survivability.

Your build has so much QoL built-in - leech on tree, stun immunity on tree, elemental ailments immunity from ascendency, shit ton of MS/AS, a lot of jewel sockets (so you can close some gear flaws, like insufficent resists/stats), no hard requirments on uniques/enchants (aside from HoWA, which is more than affordable).

That's why I call it "best build" - you indeed put some very good thought in it. It's not just some "LETZ STAK MOAR POIZON DIP" abuse of balance flaws or "[Budget] TOP-DPS BUILD FEATURING SKYCANCER/SHAVS/HH", it is really well-rounded, thoroughly planned build, offering total cruise control over the game. Maybe it can't one-shot Shaper, but who the heck cares - it is still Shaper-viable, and, most importantly, it is so enjoyable to play.

P.S. That said, I'm running ST instead of BF. Can't resist that sweet AoE and even more smoother gameplay.
Hi Invalesco,

I'm currently playying your build but feel a bit stuck on the damage. Maybe you can give me some advice on where I could improve. I have a vessel of vinktar (got it up for sale that's why it's not showing up). Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

my gear:
Spoiler

the character is public
"
Kitono wrote:
Thanks for the positive feedback! I realize this is going to be an expensive build but I can see through path of building that it gets rather insane for dps. the pathfinder version of your build will be my goal for next league. What do you think of using the retch in belt slot? With pathfinder keeping vinktars flask up at all times you are essentially dealing 40% of your DPS as chaos at all times assuming you are taking damage.

You're welcome! Yes I do believe it can get quite insane DPS once you take into account all the flask effects, although I haven't actually went and theorized it yet haha

This is the tree that I would go for if I were to build a pathfinder version. With this tree you would have approx 2000 mana, which would open up the possibility of using Skyforth (if you wished to) as your stun threshold would then be 10000 which would make Unwavering Stance worth dropping. Even without Skyforth, that sheer amount of mana and mana regen (46/s) would allow for easier aura/buff stacking as well as easier BF pre-stacking and whirling blade spam.

The retch is definitely a fantastic DPS option if you can afford to lose the defensive stats from a crystal belt. With the flask effects and leech from vitality void you'd probably end up at something like 52% extra elemental damage as chaos damage (which is really massive). If you have the leech enchant from boots that'll be another 1.2%! I haven't done the calculations yet, but man, that really does sound extraordinarily strong.

"
tasselhof wrote:
I wanted to thank you for a best build that I've ever tried. And when I'm say "best build", it's not about some abusing of op-meta shit (though it does use meta-unique, of course) and making mad damage out of nothing (I think, pre-nerf Poison Bladefall Traps will never be beaten here). It's all about QoL without sacrificing much damage and survivability.

Your build has so much QoL built-in - leech on tree, stun immunity on tree, elemental ailments immunity from ascendency, shit ton of MS/AS, a lot of jewel sockets (so you can close some gear flaws, like insufficent resists/stats), no hard requirments on uniques/enchants (aside from HoWA, which is more than affordable).

That's why I call it "best build" - you indeed put some very good thought in it. It's not just some "LETZ STAK MOAR POIZON DIP" abuse of balance flaws or "[Budget] TOP-DPS BUILD FEATURING SKYCANCER/SHAVS/HH", it is really well-rounded, thoroughly planned build, offering total cruise control over the game. Maybe it can't one-shot Shaper, but who the heck cares - it is still Shaper-viable, and, most importantly, it is so enjoyable to play.

P.S. That said, I'm running ST instead of BF. Can't resist that sweet AoE and even more smoother gameplay.

Dude, that is extremely generous praise! Thanks for making my day! Glad to see that you've managed to adapt it for ST, although the rest of us here in the BF camp would be glad to have you join us! :P

"
Bomberchibbi2 wrote:
Hi Invalesco,

I'm currently playying your build but feel a bit stuck on the damage. Maybe you can give me some advice on where I could improve. I have a vessel of vinktar (got it up for sale that's why it's not showing up). Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

my gear:
Spoiler

the character is public

Hey! Am I right to say that your average damage right now is about 11.5k with power charges and frenzy charges up?

Here's how you can improve your damage (I'll try to go from easier to tougher):
1. Continue to level your gems to level 20 then convert them to 20q gems. Having the exact same level 19 gems (but 20q) linked to blade flurry will bring your average damage up to 12.5k.
2. Upgrade your jewel. Your jewel is currently subpar. Switching it to a jewel with +30% to critical strike multiplier (in total) alone will bring your average damage up from 12.5k to 13k.
3. Continue to level. If you invest your next 4 points into Heartseeker and grab that jewel socket below elemental overload and socket it with a jewel with at least +30% to critical strike multiplier (in total), it will bring your average damage up from 13k to 16k.

Now, keep in mind that your INT is only 963. In addition. you've also invested 10 points into getting deep wisdom and the adjacent ES nodes (which is a decision I agree with) which brings your ES up to a healthy 10k. Therefore if you think about it, there's actually still plenty of room for improvement/growth in your character.

With the right INT gear upgrades you can bring your INT to 1.1k at least which would boost your damage from 16k to 17.8k or so. With the right ES gear upgrades you can then afford to drop those 10 points that were invested into ES nodes (or 4 if you wish to keep Arcane Focus) and reinvest them into additional jewel sockets which should allow you to break 24k easily.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info