[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

Hi Invalesco,

I'm currentlyy levelling yyou build. I searched through the thread and couldn't find any Info on the bandits, is it kill kill powercharge or kill kill Frenzy charge? The skilltree on the frontpage is the most recent one I suppose, since I found some others in the thread.
Hey Invalesco! I have a question. Right now I'm at the point where I start respeccing into crit from ele overload. I'm using the links you recommended in your main post.
(so this:
Spoiler
BF - WED - Incr AOE - Lightning Pen - Inc Crit Strikes - Elemental Focus
CWDT - BV - PCoC - Inc Crit Strikes
Enlighten - Discipline - Wrath - Flame Dash
CWDT - Immortal Call - Ice Golem
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Orb of Storms - PCoC - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness)

But then I looked at some videos of your gameplay, and you seem to always have 3 power charges up while clearing maps. How do you do this? I always have to get hit first for blade vortex to activate, then wait a few seconds for it to crit and give me power charges.. Are you using any links differently?

And right now I'm at 106 passive points, so I still have like 9 crit nodes to go, and at least 2 jewels, but my tooltip damage in hideout is 7.9k right now, while yours is like 3 times as high.. I understand that 2 jewels and a couple crit nodes will make a big difference, and that your gear is pretty min-maxed while mine is on a little bit of a budget, but my dps being 3 times as low seems pretty extreme. Could you take a look at my profile and see whether there are any easy changes that would give me a lot more dps?
Last edited by robj185 on Feb 1, 2017, 6:30:18 PM
"
Bomberchibbi2 wrote:
Hi Invalesco,

I'm currentlyy levelling yyou build. I searched through the thread and couldn't find any Info on the bandits, is it kill kill powercharge or kill kill Frenzy charge? The skilltree on the frontpage is the most recent one I suppose, since I found some others in the thread.

Hey bomber! I apologise for the over-convoluted setup of my original post haha, its actually in the "Three Phases of Growth" section.

Bandit choices are
Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kill all or help Kraityn (I would recommend helping Kraityn for the attack speed boost. My character didn't help Kraityn and I chose to kill all for the skill point but I'll be respeccing that bandit quest to attack speed once I finish up my tree).
Merciless: Help Kraityn for the Frenzy charge.

"
robj185 wrote:
Hey Invalesco! I have a question. Right now I'm at the point where I start respeccing into crit from ele overload. I'm using the links you recommended in your main post.
(so this:
Spoiler
BF - WED - Incr AOE - Lightning Pen - Inc Crit Strikes - Elemental Focus
CWDT - BV - PCoC - Inc Crit Strikes
Enlighten - Discipline - Wrath - Flame Dash
CWDT - Immortal Call - Ice Golem
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Orb of Storms - PCoC - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness)

But then I looked at some videos of your gameplay, and you seem to always have 3 power charges up while clearing maps. How do you do this? I always have to get hit first for blade vortex to activate, then wait a few seconds for it to crit and give me power charges.. Are you using any links differently?

And right now I'm at 106 passive points, so I still have like 9 crit nodes to go, and at least 2 jewels, but my tooltip damage in hideout is 7.9k right now, while yours is like 3 times as high.. I understand that 2 jewels and a couple crit nodes will make a big difference, and that your gear is pretty min-maxed while mine is on a little bit of a budget, but my dps being 3 times as low seems pretty extreme. Could you take a look at my profile and see whether there are any easy changes that would give me a lot more dps?

Hey Rob!

My blade vortex links are the same as yours. That said, my PCoC is 20q so that gives me 20% incr. crit chance on my BV. In addition, I've also got the true strike cluster which boosts my BV crit chance further and lets it proc more.

With regards to my power charges being up often: let me guess, was that the elemental reflect map run? If so, my blade vortexes are always up because I am consistently hitting mobs which causes me to take elemental damage back in return which then causes CWDT - BV to proc and BV to subsequently proc PCOC. In ordinary map runs I don't usually have power charges up as often unless I'm in breaches or in the middle of heavy packsize mobs and getting swarmed by mobs in all directions.

It is perfectly fine to not have power charges up. Its just 3 power charges after all. The power charges are a nice temporary boost to your damage to aid you when you need it. We're not an assassin who depends on power charges for dps. We have frenzy charges! If you're not proccing power charges, that is because you are killing mobs fast enough to the point that they don't hit you much or they can't even get close to you. In that situation, power charges wouldn't help that much as you're killing them fast enough. It is against bosses/rares when you can't kill them quickly enough that your power charges will come in useful, and that's when you find BV-PCoC useful because bosses will hit you often enough to generate multiple instances of BV and they will stay alive long enough for BV to proc several power charges.

Try not to be too worried over the power charge generation. It isn't mandatory in all situations and you shouldn't let it affect the speed and smoothness of your gameplay and map clearing in general.

Alternatively, if you wish to generate power charges in map clearing, you can choose to link CWDT - BV with CoH and Assassin's Mark instead. However, keep in mind that you will not be able to generate power charges versus bosses who don't have adds and that assassin's mark will interfere with your Orb of Storms + Elemental Weakness setup (Elemental Weakness allows you to deal more DPS to bosses than Assassin's Mark will).

With regards to your gear: they're actually pretty decent in terms of INT! Reaching my level of DPS on HoWA isn't actually as big a problem as you might think. It is reaching my level of DPS AND ES that will be tough and which marks the main difference in our gear.

With regards to your gear: they are overall pretty decent. Your amulet is great, but your rings can probably use some INT. That said, good rings will probably not be cheap at this point in the league so those may not be easy options.

Your gems can be leveled up to 20 and then converted to 20q which would give you 20% incr. crit chance, 40% incr damage and 10% increased attack speed. That is probably the easiest option.

I imagine your ES is still hovering around 9-10k at this point. If you really want more DPS and are willing to sacrifice ES, you can respec the 6 points invested into Deep Wisdom and Arcane Focus and put them into DPS nodes like what I did. However, that is only if you feel you can afford to lose that ES. I wouldn't recommend this if you feel that you can't. You can always get better ES gear first then respec those points.

Myself, I had 14.6k ES with those 6 points and had 13.4k ES after respeccing. I did gain alot of damage however, approx 4k or so hideout DPS. So in my case, I lost about slightly less than 8% of my ES for 20% damage boost which I felt was worth it in SC. In your case, if your ES is only 9-10k, you will likely stand to lose more than 10% of ES. If you really really want to do that however, I would advise crafting %ES on your Jewellery first before respeccing. Assuming an average of %15 ES per Jewellery, %45 in total would make up slightly for the amount of ES you would lose if you respecced. Your amulet is worth crafting ES on. Your rings are slightly equivocal since they don't have int. They do have WED and accuracy though which are also good. You'll probably have to look at Poe trade and see if there are any rings affordable enough to upgrade to. If the next upgrade is multiple exalteds away, you value your rings at at least 1 ex+, and you'll probably be using them for a while, crafting %ES on them may be worth it, and u can look at upgrading other gear first.

I would also recommend getting forces of nature once you finish the true strike cluster. that 6% elemental penetration will help your effective dps alot.

I hope that wasn't too long an answer! Feel free to post again if you need more help or you wish me to be more concise. I can be abit longwinded sometimes I know... :x

P.S. I like your char name btw. Puns ftw!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Feb 1, 2017, 8:43:45 PM
First off, I have to say that I'm loving the build, so thanks for making it possible in the first place!

Thanks you for the comprehensive reply! Right now I'm trying to level my gems to level 20 to get them 20q as you said, so I'm curious to see the difference that will make. I also specced out of the amplify node and the mana reservation node to get some more crit, and that, together with two jewels, has boosted my dps by 60%! So right now I'm sitting at 11.5k in my hideout. My ES right now is at 8.4k with discipline, so I think I'll keep the energy shield nodes. Maybe when I make some more currency I'll be able to get some gear with more ES, and inc % es rings/amulet.
"
robj185 wrote:
First off, I have to say that I'm loving the build, so thanks for making it possible in the first place!

Thanks you for the comprehensive reply! Right now I'm trying to level my gems to level 20 to get them 20q as you said, so I'm curious to see the difference that will make. I also specced out of the amplify node and the mana reservation node to get some more crit, and that, together with two jewels, has boosted my dps by 60%! So right now I'm sitting at 11.5k in my hideout. My ES right now is at 8.4k with discipline, so I think I'll keep the energy shield nodes. Maybe when I make some more currency I'll be able to get some gear with more ES, and inc % es rings/amulet.

You're welcome!

Gratz on the dps improvement (See how irrelevant I am, you figured it out yourself)! Yup I think you should keep the ES nodes for now. Good luck with the gear upgrading/shopping!

Build of the Week 14
Here is my tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAAGBfkLYQ18DY0OSBFQEZYV1xXwFfYXJhhdGYoZ1xzcIvQj0yj6KgsqOCy_MtE1uTfUPL4870VHRnFJUU4qUUdWY1cNV8lbr13yX2pfcF-wYnloZWjybAttGW8nb55wUnKpeoR_xoMJg22ExYauidOMNo9gj_qQCpJ9kyeTlZXMlwaYb5pqm7WezZ_Lo4qkeKcrpzCtM63xr2yv67QMuJO-isBmwcXB1cM6xBXE9sauykrK09DQ0iHY1dlb3CPe-OXP51Tn6uoY6rrr7uwY7T_uDvDV85vz3fcy-Ov5M_lj_MU=

Also my dmg seems lacking

1048 int
224 dex

4263 dmg in hideout

using AA Disc POL

level 86
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
Last edited by kmaldona on Feb 2, 2017, 10:34:59 PM
"
kmaldona wrote:
Here is my tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAAGBfkLYQ18DY0OSBFQEZYV1xXwFfYXJhhdGYoZ1xzcIvQj0yj6KgsqOCy_MtE1uTfUPL4870VHRnFJUU4qUUdWY1cNV8lbr13yX2pfcF-wYnloZWjybAttGW8nb55wUnKpeoR_xoMJg22ExYauidOMNo9gj_qQCpJ9kyeTlZXMlwaYb5pqm7WezZ_Lo4qkeKcrpzCtM63xr2yv67QMuJO-isBmwcXB1cM6xBXE9sauykrK09DQ0iHY1dlb3CPe-OXP51Tn6uoY6rrr7uwY7T_uDvDV85vz3fcy-Ov5M_lj_MU=

Also my dmg seems lacking

1048 int
224 dex

4263 dmg in hideout

using AA Disc POL

level 86

Hey! I've just had a look at your character.

There are a few reasons why your DPS is so low.

Firstly, your accuracy is very low for your level. Your chance to hit is only 82%. Try getting another 2 pieces of gear with at least 250 accuracy on them. Just getting another 500 flat accuracy will bring your chance to hit to 88% and your hideout average damage up from 4.2k to 4.7k. If you find it difficult to get good gear with +accuracy, you can try getting shaper's touch as a short-term option for now. However, take note that shaper's touch has very low ES and your ES as of now is only 9.2k with your rare gloves, so you can also probably use a bunch of ES gear upgrades.

Secondly, you are using arctic armour, discipline and purity of lightning, all of which are defensive buffs/auras. The problem with that is that with your current level of dps, one can argue that you need offensive auras/buffs more than defensive auras/buffs as leech is also a type of defensive option and without enough dps you just do not have enough leech. At your level of DPS, reflect is also not a problem so I would advise dropping purity of lightning for herald of thunder at least.

Thirdly, you are 3 points away from 2 jewel sockets and Heartseeker (40% crit multi), both of which will improve your dps significantly if you manage to get good jewels.

Fourthly, you haven't gotten your last 2 ascendancy points yet.

Lastly, you're on a 5L. Getting a 6L will allow you to use elemental focus which will improve your dps significantly.

Assuming you already have that 500 flat accuracy and your hideout average damage is 4.7k, using a level 20 wrath will boost it to 5.5k (A level 20 20q Herald of Wrath will boost it to 5.2k).

Assuming you are using Wrath and have that 500 flat accuracy, putting on a 6th link: 20/20 elemental focus will further bring your hideout average damage to 8.5k. Getting 2 dual crit multi jewel mods, Avatar of the Slaughter ascendancy, Heartseeker node should push you up to at least 11k hideout damage easily.
Build of the Week 14
What about Choir of the Storm as amulet of choice for the discipline/purity/hot aura setup? Looks like a solid option. Thoughts?
"
Harmona wrote:
What about Choir of the Storm as amulet of choice for the discipline/purity/hot aura setup? Looks like a solid option. Thoughts?

I did consider that at one point. However, I didn't pursue that possibility due to difficulty in gearing.

My crit chance is at 69% with 3 power charges and my crit multi is at 380% without an ammy.

Assuming I manage to get 100% lightning res, I would have a total of 69% + 8% = 77% crit chance.

Scenario A with Choir of the Storm:
77% crit chance and 380% crit multi.

Scenario B with a 35% crit multi ammy:
69% crit chance and 415% crit multi.

Assuming my average damage is x:

Scenario A DPS = 0.23x + 0.77 * 3.8x = 0.23x + 2.964x = 3.156x
Scenario B DPS = 0.31x + 0.69 * 4.15x = 3.1735x

As you can see, assuming I manage to get 100% lightning res (which wouldn't be that easy considering choir of the storm has -30% lightning res), 100% crit chance from choir of the storm is still slightly weaker than 35% crit multi from a rare amulet for my particular setup.

Once you take in other factors such as %WED on rare ammys (which can go up to >40% and will be better than Choir of the Storm's 50% which only applies to crits) as well as higher INT and DEX, it is difficult to see how Choir of the Storm will be able to outdps a good rare ammy. Defense-wise, %ES is also only obtainable on a rare ammy.

Of course, if one does manage to get 200% lightning res (Its quite likely Purity of Elements + Purity of Lightning will both have to be run in order to free up other suffix slots on gear to achieve this), then it is definitely possible for Choir of the Storm to outdps a rare ammy. This will be at the cost of HoT's dps boost as well as %ES on an Ammy though. I'm not sure if its worth it but I'll run it past Path of Building and see what is a realistic crit chance/multi/dps that I can achieve and if it is indeed worth it.
Build of the Week 14
Hey dude, great build, loving it. Just one question, is it better flat accuracy or % accuracy on gear? I am still gearing up but sitting only on 75% hit chance and I need to improve that (and my res) hereby I am here seeking for suggestions!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info